Net connection freezes?

Hi... I dont really know where else to post this so ill post it here...

Im on 56k so i can barely play online games buuuuut its still possible except whenever i go into a game such as warcraft3 my internet connection just cant send or recieve any data. Also, if i try to play a game while downloading, my download goes down to 0.00 kb per second. :(

Does anyone know why this is or how to fix it?

First trying to download and play a game on 56k is crazy, you might wanna get a download manager like DAP or flashget, so that you can pause and resume so you can pause it while playing a game or so.

Second are you using a software firewall on your system? Check the logs and see if something is getting blocked either in or out thats trying to talk to the game. If you can't figure out the log then disable the firewall and try the game again and see if that helps.

First trying to download and play a game on 56k is crazy, you might wanna get a download manager like DAP or flashget, so that you can pause and resume so you can pause it while playing a game or so.

Second are you using a software firewall on your system? Check the logs and see if something is getting blocked either in or out thats trying to talk to the game. If you can't figure out the log then disable the firewall and try the game again and see if that helps.

lol... no i mean if im playing an offline game and trying to download, the download freezes completely, regardless of dl accelerator programs.

oh and DSL coasts ALOT in Australia. Its like $AUD 100 per month with a _download limit_ of only 3 gigs! :crazy:

lol... no i mean if im playing an offline game and trying to download, the download freezes completely, regardless of dl accelerator programs.

oh and DSL coasts ALOT in Australia. Its like $AUD 100 per month with a _download limit_ of only 3 gigs! :crazy:

Oh that sucks. Well then my first suggestion is useless then but the firewall one might still be relevent if your playing a game that does some kind of net check so check that out still if using a software firewall.

Second what OS are you using?