Vista Maximum Transparency

For some reason this fix is a joke to me. The reason for this is because i can't simply get it to work. I booted into safe mode and changed all of the three file's extension from .dll to .BAK. I then copied the other three (The modified ones) to my system32 folder and rebooted. Afterwards, i booted back up and when i tried to login i was given the error: Windows could not find Uxtheme.dll. Now, this is very tedious as i just introduced a new uxtheme.dll and only backed up the old one....(What to do?) Any help would work

For some reason this fix is a joke to me. The reason for this is because i can't simply get it to work. I booted into safe mode and changed all of the three file's extension from .dll to .BAK. I then copied the other three (The modified ones) to my system32 folder and rebooted. Afterwards, i booted back up and when i tried to login i was given the error: Windows could not find Uxtheme.dll. Now, this is very tedious as i just introduced a new uxtheme.dll and only backed up the old one....(What to do?) Any help would work

-go to safe mode

-rename the rplaced files to any name e.g uxtheme.dll.old...etc

-now you have tow types of files 3 files (shsvcs.dll.old,themeui.dll.old and uxtheme.dll.old) and (shsvcs.dll.bak,themeui.dll.bak and uxtheme.dll.bak)

-rename the files (shsvcs.dll.bak,themeui.dll.bak and uxtheme.dll.bak) to orriginal name (shsvcs.dll,themeui.dll and uxtheme.dll)

-this proplem occurs when use a files for windows vista 32 bit on a system who run windows vista 64 bit and Vis-versa

-be sure your windows type 32 or 64 bit and use Proper files

-if you can't access save mod you can replace your files directly from NTFS booting supporting disk to booti from it and using suitable ntfs dos programe like volkov commander navigate to files place and replace

Edited by Dr.Taher

Read the instructions! You are not supposed to boot to safe mode. You should take ownership.

-go to safe mode

-rename the rplaced files to any name e.g uxtheme.dll.old...etc

-now you have tow types of files 3 files (shsvcs.dll.old,themeui.dll.old and uxtheme.dll.old) and (shsvcs.dll.bak,themeui.dll.bak and uxtheme.dll.bak)

-rename the files (shsvcs.dll.bak,themeui.dll.bak and uxtheme.dll.bak) to orriginal name (shsvcs.dll,themeui.dll and uxtheme.dll)

-this proplem occurs when use a files for windows vista 32 bit on a system who run windows vista 64 bit and Vis-versa

-be sure your windows type 32 or 64 bit and use Proper files

-if you can't access save mod you can replace your files directly from NTFS booting supporting disk to booti from it and using suitable ntfs dos programe like volkov commander navigate to files place and replace

this a Hirens bootable CD containing volkov commander and other programes you can download from a link below

http://www602.fixdown.com/Hirens.BootCD.rar

While I understand the research/reasoning behind black on maximize...I always preferred the transparency of the earlier betas! Thanks! :)

Does for me

41681175165686.jpg

That's not a transparent taskbar..not fully like the other "maximised glass" theme. It still has a black tint. I meant transparent as in the same as the title bar.

That's not a transparent taskbar..not fully like the other "maximised glass" theme. It still has a black tint. I meant transparent as in the same as the title bar.

Now I have a transparent taskbar but may be bad look

64109996th5.jpg

26266732ud7.jpg

93663496mc1.jpg

I dident like it its very bad

I don't see anything wrong with doing this but I can see what Microsoft was getitng at when they said the black makes you focus more on the content of the maximized window -- when the transparency is still shown in a maximized window it seems a bit distracting, at least to my eyes.

Now I have a transparent taskbar but may be bad look

-IMAGES REMOVED FROM REPLY-

I dident like it its very bad

I like it, but it is certainly not for everyone.

I really like the maximum transparency, but I do wish that the the solid black taskbar and titlebars would be retained. At first I thought I would like it to still be transparent, but I actually prefer the way Vista was designed. Can you release a slight modification where, when a window is maximized, the taskbar and titlebar turn to black (like to original Vista theme)?

Actually, I dont mind the start menu being transparent like the above post, but it is not necessity.

Thank you