Remote Desktop port assignment

I need to know if you can change the port used by Remote Desktop in XP. I know that you can change either the client or server, via the registry, I forget which.

Where I work has blocked the default port, 3389 I think. I would really lilke to user RD from work. It is the quickest and most responsive remote access tool that I have used.

Thanks,

bigbeat808

Edited by bigbeat808

Where I work is not real big about installing "unapproved" software. That is why I want to ret and use RD.

I agree that RAdmin is very fast was well. I dont find it as fast as RD, but much better then most.

bigbeat808

use the REMOTE DESKTOP WEB CONNECTION

Install IIS and Install that too, you connect over the web browser via port 80, which means no blockage.

Install IIS and Install that too, you connect over the web browser via port 80, which means no blockage.

Are you sure Remote Desktop Web Connection uses port 80 from the client computer?

If it does, then great!

But you won't have to install IIS, that's only if you want to host the connection website yourself.

There are numerous sites you can connect from, only with your IP.

Like this one.

Are you sure Remote Desktop Web Connection uses port 80 from the client computer?

If it does, then great!

But you won't have to install IIS, that's only if you want to host the connection website yourself.

There are numerous sites you can connect from, only with your IP.

Like this one.

you can't except incoming HTTP Requests, unless you install IIS First..

TSWEB runs under IIS.

Edited by xStainDx

The Remote Desktop Web Connection sounds like the best option, but how do you install it it. I already have IIS running. I went to Add Windows Components and looked under IIS and didnt see it.

Can you point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

bigbeat808

Ok, I have it installed and it connects. When I put the server/computer name in and press select, it get a 404 screen. Is there something else I need to configure?

Again, thanks...

bigbeat808

If u have a business reason to RD out, then make ur case to management / network management.

Getting caught by passing security can result in you loosing your job easier than most people think.

Just a word of caution :)