Google admits to plagiarism

Faced with mounting questions over similarities with a rival's software, Google on Sunday acknowledged that a dictionary of Chinese words used with one of its recently released software tools came from a third party. The statement came as Google faces a looming deadline to stop downloads of the software and issue an apology.

"We are willing to face this issue of ours," Cui wrote. She did not describe the database or where it came from.

The admission comes as Google faces a deadline from Sohu.com to stop allegedly infringing on its copyrights. On Friday, the Chinese Internet company gave Google until Monday to stop downloads of its IME software and issue an apology. Sohu also wants compensation from Google. At the time of writing, Google's software remains available online.

Source: http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/04/09/...leadmits_1.html

I'm glad they apologised, or I would be just burning with hate over this highly important issue.

I fully agree! I would of gone out and started a google hate campaign over this!

I'm glad they apologised, or I would be just burning with hate over this highly important issue.

you do realize that the only reason they apologized is because the chinese company took notice and got ****ed (aka threatened to sue) right? google would have gotten away with it if they could. lame!

you do realize that the only reason they apologized is because the chinese company took notice and got ****ed (aka threatened to sue) right? google would have gotten away with it if they could. lame!

Yeah, because as a nation, China are just awesome at cracking down on intellectual property theft, adhering to copyrights and the like eh?

Or then those people who actually matter at Google had no idea the program was not originally theirs or one of their developers. If I take someone elses program, re-brand it and then sell it to someone, how exactly do they know it didn't originate from me but from another source?

I doubt anyone here knows the truth anyway.

Yeah, because as a nation, China are just awesome at cracking down on intellectual property theft, adhering to copyrights and the like eh?

China doesn't crack down on IP theft so the US shouldn't? Should the US use other countries as their model or should WE strive to be the model country? Should we follow the practices of Iran? Is it OK for you to steal from a store because someone you know does it? Your logic makes no sense.

google is wrong this time ,no doubt。they use sogou's data,though they delete some words now.but they can't collect their own chinese datas in few days.

and don't talk about crack here ,i think most crack is from US and other country.like vista office norton...,u can find a lot of crack websites and bt download which in english but not in chinese.all u just do is google it and find it.

and u guys know about ur Developed Country do to the Developing country。ur country sercret delivery electronic waste to Developing country,and back to blame our country make most Air water pollution...??

well i think u guys even never heard about that ,and think ur goverment do well in recycle。 but in my opinion,all these are boshit!

so in a word .if u just know china from this **** internet just shut up!

Edited by micrian

google is wrong this time ,no doubt。they use sogou's data,though they delete some words now.but they can't collect their own chinese datas in few days.

and don't talk about crack here ,i think most crack is from US and other country.like vista office norton...,u can find a lot of crack websites and bt download which in english but not in chinese.all u just do is google it and find it.

and u guys know about ur Developed Country do to the Developing country。ur country sercret delivery electronic waste to Developing country,and back to blame our country make most Air water pollution...??

well i think u guys even never heard about that ,and think ur goverment do well in recycle。 but in my opinion,all these are boshit!

Nice formatting. Learn2type.

Bye bye troll.

China doesn't crack down on IP theft so the US shouldn't? Should the US use other countries as their model or should WE strive to be the model country? Should we follow the practices of Iran? Is it OK for you to steal from a store because someone you know does it? Your logic makes no sense.

Or MAYBE my point was that China has no room to whine about things like this? Whatever works for you though....

google is wrong this time ??Œno doubt?€‚they use sogou's data,though they delete some words now.but they can't collect their own chinese datas in few days.

and u guys know about ur Developed Country do to the Developing country?€‚ur country sercret delivery electronic waste to Developing country,and back to blame our country make most Air water pollution...??

well i think u guys even never heard about that ,and think ur goverment do well in recycle?€‚ but in my opinion??Œall these are boshit!

You may or may not have had an initial point and/or argument with this post, but it was lost in the flaming pile of gibberish-like-writing that doesn't deserve to be graded by a first grade pot addicted teacher who's tripping balls. I'm not against what you're saying, because I don't know what you're saying.

".if u just know china from this **** internet just shut up!"

People always make judgements about, basically, anything, from what they know. If their knowledge is limited to that of this, "****", internet, then so be it. Telling people to stop making judgement about things when they don't know 100% about it is pretty much telling people to shut up, and people, believe it or not, don't like shutting up. So, perhaps instead of insulting, er, whoever you were attacking there, you could perhaps enlighten them instead, and point them in a good direction to get on the yellow brick road of learning that would far surpase this "****" internet.

Or, you could just shut up.