AutoPatcher Vista April 2007

Appantly it has not been sorted

i downloaded this (Big Mistake)

majority of them don't install

say they are not for my version of windows

ones that are installed are not all recognised

downloading this is a waste of time if none of the fixes dont actually install

Are you sure you have Vista? If you have, which version and in which language?

I know that there is a problem with detecting installed modules, but it will be fixed in May's release.

If you didn't like it, don't use it.

I feel that my criticism was very harsh and apologise to anyone I may have offended

I have just sat down and took at look at why they weren't installing and found out I had already installed them via windows update

why quite frankly makes me feel a bit of a prat

the only problem is autopatcher isn't detecting them as installed it is detecting the ones that autopatcher installs as installed but not the ones that are installed through windows update

so again my apologies to all the hard working people who take their free time to make a program like this

and it certainly isn't a waste of time

Edited by gdw

Sometimes people are angry because they don't see things work like they hoped, but they also forget that we are doing this in your free time. And we aren't paid by Microsoft. No hard feelings. :)

Yes, in Vista when a hotfix is already installed it can't be installed again (it could in all other Windows versions).

I've talked with raptor, and we may have to split en-US releases from pt-PT, and maybe from other languages. For that I would like that who has Vista in Dutch, Greek, etc, would say if the detection is working.

First I want to say that AutoPatcher XP/Vista is probably the most useful program that is available. I've used AutoPatcher XP for along time and just upgraded to Windows Vista, 32Bit.

Sorry to say that I am having the same problem that several others have reported. Not showing installed updates and not being able to install any of the updates in AutoPatcher Vista April 2007.

My Vista had no updates installed when I tried AP Vista April 2007. I only tried to install one update first, KB917607 (32Bit-x86) update, (WinHlp32.exe). AP reflected the actions to install the update and reported that the install was finished, I then rebooted. After reboot, I checked and AP relected that the update was not installed. Tried the same update again, same results. I did try to load several random "*.hlp" files to make sure, they would not load.

So, I downloaded the manual install file for the KB917607 update directly from MS. Installed it, rebooted and tried the same "*.hlp" files again. They worked. I checked AP Vista April 2007 and it still did not reflect that the update was installed.

I did try to install several other AP Vista April 2007 (32Bit-x86) updates, and from what I can tell they did not install.

NOTE: I have the UAC disabled and am using a user account with admin privileges, so that shouldn't be the problem. I also tried the right-click "Run as Administrator" trick, and that didn't work either.

I know that AutoPatcher Vista is a new project, so a few problems are to be expected. Just hope this problem can be fixed. Your efforts and hard work are greatly appreciated. :)

Edited by gbread49

Yes, I installed the hotfixes in a Portuguese version of Vista, and since the hotfix file is the same for all the languages, i thought the detection was the same: my mistake.

It will be fixed for next month's, don't worry.

• 2 weeks later...