Car makers hate Canadians

europeans and canadians sure do bitch alot when it comes to prices and yet don't realize how little they actually pay for their living when they consider all the socialized programs they hardly have to pay into. people in the united states pay overall more to live than any canadian and they still bitch while people in the US take it all in stride.

Please give specific examples of how cost of living is higher in the U.S. compared to Canada or Europe. Last time I checked it was the other way around by a big margin.

I love Canada. It's a beautiful country.

The only problem with Canada is

it's full of Canadians. :p

Actually where I live is pretty rare to find someone who was born and raised here. Lots of Americans are moving here. Just ask Goldie Hawn and her hubby.

It isn't small change and little taxes, take a look at Luxury cars like the Cadillac Escalade

US Price from Cadillac.com $55 750

CND Price from Cadillac.com $76 490

where did the $20 000 go? not the exchange because $55 750 USD = $62 283.9 CND w

which leaves ~14 000 difference, thats huge

Yeap, any car above $40-50K MSRP costs 15-20% more in Canada.

Audi A6 starts at $62,000CAD ($55,000USD) in Canada vs. $42,000USD in U.S.

Audi A8 starts at $97,000CAD ($88,000USD) in Canada vs. $68,000USD in U.S.... 20 grand evaporated.

Same goes for BMW, Benz.

• 1 month later...

The Canadian Dollar has hit another record high this week. It is now 1CAD=0.94USD compared to 1CAD=0.62USD five-six years ago.

RBC says 1CAD will equal 0.96USD by the end of the summer and BMO says Canadian Dollar will reach parity (1CAD=1USD, first time in 30 years) with the U.S. Dollar this fall at which point cars in Canada will cost about 20-30% more than what they cost in U.S.

The good news is that (if your income is in Canadian Dollars) it's the best time to go shopping south of the border :yes: . The bad news is that U.S. tourists will be quite reluctant to go travelling to Canada in the near future, but who cares right, our economy is booming!

As for me, I have made up my mind and I'll be buying either new A3 or used A6/A8 in the U.S. :shifty: