|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

The needler literally kills in 5 needles now. It is like the super weapon for close quarters combat.

@Oxuyoska: If you're joking, then you got me. If you seriously can't kill with the AR, I feel sorry for you.

I was laying in my bed, window open ... When i suddenly heard whisteling. Thought it was the TV, but it came from the outside. Had to go see which loon was whisteling at this hour ... My friend stood there and said "Hey C'mon out ... It's raining!"

Yeah, great ... So i decided to head out in my rain resistant jacket to kill some time atleast. Now, one hour later I'm soaked and awake.

Lol, good.

Lol, the AR is so easy to kill people with, it just depends on who ever fired first will win if its AR Vs. AR

I must say, the beta was pretty fun and I like the saving gameplay thing.

The Halo 3 demo was relased today for download?

:blink: It's a public beta, but only for people who were chosen, won some contests, or purchased Crackdown that included the invite.

what if i dont want to clear my cache? wont that delete EVERY update for everygame?

Halo 3 Beta Downloads via Crackdown are fixed!

It's been a long day for a lot of people but we're happy to announce that effective immediately, a title update for Crackdown is available on Xbox Live that will fix the issue that previously prevented you from downloading the beta. The Microsoft team just deployed this fix and when you launch Crackdown you should receive a prompt to download the update.

Please note that it could take up to four hours for your console to receive this update based on various factors. However, the good news is that we're in the clear and Halo 3 gameplay is just over the horizon.

We realize this has been a pain for many and an inconvenience at the very least. Given the circumstances, we've decided to extend the duration of the Halo 3 Beta from June 6th to June 10th at 11:59 PM PDT. So, you lost almost a full day of play today but to make up for it we're tacking on four more days (and a weekend at that).

We apologize for the delay and hardships this issue has caused and hope that it quickly becomes a distant memory clouded by good times playing Halo 3 with your friends.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding. We'll see you online!

Note : A rare bug has been discovered that sometimes results in improper text display in the game UI. Basically, you won't see any text at all. If you encounter this issue, you can fix it yourself by doing the following:

1. Restart your Xbox 360

2. Boot up the Halo 3 Beta

3. While the Halo 3 Beta is loading, immediately press up on the D-Pad and hold the A button until you see the Bungie logo. If you perform this correctly a dialog box will appear confirming maintenance has been done to your system.

4. Resume the Halo 3 Beta!

Please note that it could take up to four hours for your console to receive this update based on various factors. However, the good news is that we're in the clear and Halo 3 gameplay is just over the horizon.

^ Crazy. Consider yourself lucky. I have Optimum Online Boost as well, get on average 26 down, and it is super slow for me.

Talk about blind luck, at 10:29 I just went to play some Crackdown to look for some Agility Orbs, and saw there was the update for it, so I knew what that meant.

I figured I was possibly in the clear since it appeared I just stumbled upon it, and thought perhaps as one of the first hundred thousand or so people I would get a good connection speeds. Turns out that is not the case. It is extremely, extremely slow, which honestly is only expected...

So can someone please explain what this whole clearing the cache thing is all about?

I did not do so, am downloading now, so please do not tell me I am screwed because I did not clear my cache.

Okay, Now this thread can finally get rocking!!! :punk:

Enjoy everyone.

Dont worry Larry, if you are downloading it you are fine. Talk about screwed. I cleared my cache and now the entire beta is gone from the downloads area.

::Restarted crackdown, waited for everything to load and it is there now. 1%!

my buddy in michigan got the update about an hour ago (when bungie announced it on their site), but my box didnt see any updates available (I'm in NY)...so after about 30mins of wrestling with it to find an update, i saw a post on bungie's forums and gave it a shot

I ejected the disc....went to the dashboard, went to the 'system' blade then 'network settings' then 'test live connection'...after the test finished, popped the game back in, and the update was there

not sure if it was a coincidence or not, all i know is that im downloading the beta...(slow as hell...2% in 10 mins)

edit: just went in to check...jumped to 33%!

Woot, now all you guys will be on. Awesome. I'll probably be on in about 4 hours or so.

Played a few rounds. It's rough around the edges, but coming along nicely. One thing, though, the models don't look that great. I guess I should have expected to not be wowed by the graphics, but they definitely aren't something worth noting, at the moment, at least. Fun gameplay, though.

What the hell is a Killjoy? I've been trying to figure that out for the longest...

EDIT: Nvm, found out right after posting. End an opponents killing spree, any spree.