|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

Someone add me (GT in sig) so i can join in some team games cause i suck and would like the look good in a team even though i'd come last and die the most

From the screenshots, it's hard to tell what the graphics are really like. Is the jump from Halo 2 substantial? Please say Yes :p

I think the textures look a bunch better than Halo 2. I think it's a pretty big jump but not like going from PS2 -> PS3.

Damn, I completely forgot you were Tasty Terrorist this entire time until right now.

Literally everyone who wants to play here is on my Friends list, so do not hold it against me if I cannot or do not get to everyone for whatever reason.

How does it work anyway so I have some idea when I hop on in two hours? Would I want to start a match, then just invite people? Join a match and invite people? I never started a single match in Halo 2, just joined them through an old co-worker I used to play with, so I remember the lobby and all of that, but honestly do not remember how I would get there.

So if anyone wants to clue me in on to what I should do when I get home so I am not wasting a half an hour figuring it all out, by all means share away.

I can host if you would like. At this point I have almost everyone on Neowin on my buddy list :laugh:

Combat Stats

Games: 23

Last Played: 5/17/2007 12:46:06 PM

Total Kills: 230

Total Deaths: 269

Kill/Death Ratio: 0.855

Total Assists: 106

Edited by Sumeet

God damn im banned from live, typical i just bought a 12 month sub as well!!!

What did you do to get banned?

Dan

Edit: Beaten ^^ :p

Damn, I completely forgot you were Tasty Terrorist this entire time until right now.

Literally everyone who wants to play here is on my Friends list, so do not hold it against me if I cannot or do not get to everyone for whatever reason.

How does it work anyway so I have some idea when I hop on in two hours? Would I want to start a match, then just invite people? Join a match and invite people? I never started a single match in Halo 2, just joined them through an old co-worker I used to play with, so I remember the lobby and all of that, but honestly do not remember how I would get there.

So if anyone wants to clue me in on to what I should do when I get home so I am not wasting a half an hour figuring it all out, by all means share away.

It's pretty simple dude. Once the beta starts up hit "play the beta" and you'll go straight into the lobby system. From here you can either invite people or join a friend's lobby (as long as they aren't in the middle of a match). Down the left hand side you can pick what type of match you want to play. Then just start match making and you're set :)

Meshuggah, send me an invite when you are free :p

I keep getting the game over msg every time. Rebooted multiple times. Cleared the cache multiple times. No matter what I get the msg :(

So I go through like 20 million updates to Crackdown, then an update for the Halo 3 Beta (Which died halfway)... long story short, it took me an 30 minutes to actually get the Beta up and running, then I hit "Play Halo 3 Beta" (in the beta, the cool menu thing), and it says "We're sorry, this Beta is either expired or not available. Want to shoot around with friends? Try Shadowrun on the Xbox 360 and Windows Vista."

I want to cry. Tell me why I pay for XBL again?

Combat Stats

Games: 20

Last Played: 5/17/2007 10:02:05 AM

* Total Kills: 266

* Total Deaths: 129

* Kill/Death Ratio: 2.062

* Total Assists: 77

how'd you get banned? :blink:

A bit of customizing to the dvd drive, but halo was 100% legit! and i just wasted 14months of live but suppose i can sell the 12month sub as i didnt even get to enter the code

Turn off your console for 5 minutes and it should work. I had that happen to me yesterday. Don't worry, you have 4 extra days anyway to make up for lost time. You will get your worth in Halo.

Monkey: I'm going to finish cleaning my pool for the time being, but I'll invite everyone once I'm back. Keep a look out and don't die too much, lol.

Lightfast: that's what you get for stealing games. I have no sympathy for you man :/. The only reason to "customize" a drive is to steal games.

I keep getting the game over msg every time. Rebooted multiple times. Cleared the cache multiple times. No matter what I get the msg :(

Yeah I think there is heavy load on the servers, I can't even search for games just now because it's "loading information from xbox live" :/

So I go through like 20 million updates to Crackdown, then an update for the Halo 3 Beta (Which died halfway)... long story short, it took me an 30 minutes to actually get the Beta up and running, then I hit "Play Halo 3 Beta" (in the beta, the cool menu thing), and it says "We're sorry, this Beta is either expired or not available. Want to shoot around with friends? Try Shadowrun on the Xbox 360 and Windows Vista."

I want to cry. Tell me why I pay for XBL again?

It's not a Live problem, it's a Halo problem. Remember this is a beta after all. Just keep trying. You will get in eventually, and hopefully they will have a fix for this soon.

Yeah I think there is heavy load on the servers, I can't even search for games just now because it's "loading information from xbox live" :/

You have to let it sit at that screen for about 5 minutes. It's a pain, but you only have to do it the first time.

I LOVE THIS GAME! That is all.

It really is awesome once you get a good and friendly team together. Communication just makes the game so much more close to LAN parties. (Y)

Lightfast: that's what you get for stealing games. I have no sympathy for you man :/. The only reason to "customize" a drive is to steal games.

true, you live and learn.

360's are well crap without live, dunno what to do with it now might dig the old xbox out and give the 360 to my bro. Only messed with this one for the chance of homebrew really as it was great on the old xbox.

Oh well 2 days of halo3 memories for me and with it came good times to look back on.

:cry:

same as mine

cimg0452ir3.jpg

Edited by LiGhTfast

DirtyLarry: I added you as a friend - I'm Eon Blue Sky on Live.

Would love to get into some Neowin games.

Dan

Got it.

I can host if you would like. At this point I have almost everyone on Neowin on my buddy list :laugh:

Sounds good to me. Get Daniel in there if you can as well. Iconboy too if possible. Also my boy jerzdawg/ Or else I can start Neowin team Part 2 if there is to many of us which it sounds like there might be. :rofl:

I am leaving work right now, will be home within an hour traffic pending (way to long of a drive).