|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

Hmm... I felt bad killing you guys. After spending 2 years on Halo 2, I can't really tone it down.

EDIT: Haha, you guys posted right after the game too.

Oh, I thought you had to hold it too. It makes a lot more sense now, haha. The last game rocked with Larry and Trong. We owned up poor little pixels and munky. Of course we lost every other round imaginable thanks to Und3xoath.

Don't need to rub it in, I'm still traumatized from the headshot :cry: Damn he has some skills :p

Send me an invite when you get back on people. I'll stay awake as long as I can and play some more with you guys :)

No scope to the dome while on the mongoose to save you from arming the bomb! Yes sir!

:)

What's sad is.... I Was still on the mongoose because I hadn't realized you had killed him. I heard "OH **** HEADSHOT!" and it didn't really register that it was my driver. :/

Haha, I got excited I had to scream and get my point across. It was great to see you just sitting there on the mongoose like hmm..I wonder what will happen. :)

An absolutely amazing time I've had thanks guys your the best....

hehe i remember when it was just me and drunknmunky alone a few hours ago :p now its all full... its great when the community joins up like this :)

hopefully see you guys tomorrow :)

Well I'll be on within the next hour if someone wants to invite me then. I was just about to get on, but then got too hungry and ordered pizza. Just waiting for the pizza now :p.

Oh, I thought you had to hold it too. It makes a lot more sense now, haha. The last game rocked with Larry and Trong. We owned up poor little pixels and munky. Of course we lost every other round imaginable thanks to Und3xoath.

Yeah seriously, UND3RxOATH is just to damn good, for real.

Although I gotta admit I had a blast driving him around in the Warthog and him taking everyone out with the mounted gun.

Seriously though, his Mongoose snipe was just insanity.

I think I might like territories the best overall, especially on That Highground map, as I definitely agree, that last game we played was a blast. I actually like all of the team based ones, because since I cannot kill other players good as many other players right now, I feel I am now understanding what needs to be done on them all so I contribute to the team winning.

Now that I feel comfortable with the controls thanks to playing tonight, meaning I know what everything does without thinking about it, it is time to now get better at actually using them. Up until this point I was just worrying about shooting and reloading right, now I can focus on the basics like actually aiming and learning how to navigate effectively. I actually like not being good at it all, as it is a constant learning experience.

Will say it again, just a blast playing with everyone here, it truly is. As I said above, at first I had to join a public match, and it was just amazingly lame. Not fun at all, no team play going on, just a mess. We have to make sure we all continue playing together when the game is actually released. I do not think it will be a quarter of the fun it is right now otherwise.

Oh, and I have to say, Munky is pretty damn annoying as well, meaning he is damn good too. :yes:

Guys, try actually playing Crackdown now. I've tried to reload so many times and end up throwing a god damn grenade instead. It's hard going back!

The only reason I'm not very good is the simple fact that I have never played a multiplayer FPS on a console before. Once I get used to it, watch out :devil:

Will say it again, just a blast playing with everyone here, it truly is. As I said above, at first I had to join a public match, and it was just amazingly lame. Not fun at all, no team play going on, just a mess. We have to make sure we all continue playing together when the game is actually released. I do not think it will be a quarter of the fun it is right now otherwise.

Oh, and I have to say, Munky is pretty damn annoying as well, meaning he is damn good too. :yes:

Haha thanks for that :p

I wasn't doing all that good tonight, namely becuase of UND3RxOATH, and if it wasn't him, Meshuggah and Larry weren't far behind :rofl: I was just happy to take away UND3RxOATH's killing spree now and then lol

Have to agree with what DL said above, I don't think I would have had the same amount of fun if I was just playing randoms all this time. It's the reason I gave up playing Halo 2 becuase nobody would work as a team and it was just full of jerks and kids screaming. If we can keep the Neowin matches going it'll be awesome for the remaining time in the beta, and when the game comes out in September we should even get a clan going perhaps :) I remember there was an attempt for a clan in Halo 2 here at Neowin, but the community has grown since then and we'd have a better chance playing together with the 360's community features and arranging here on the forums too.

Sx ill add you to mine, i wont be on till tommorow (work was killer this week) as im headed to bed...but ill be on and off tommorow afternoon

my gamer tag is: millergdraft

So sorry I couldn't join up with you guys tonight, I had some friends over and they all wanted to check out the Beta. Be sure to send me an invite next time though, and yea, we should definitely keep this going for the remainder of the bet and then again when the final release hits. Fun times :D

So sorry I couldn't join up with you guys tonight, I had some friends over and they all wanted to check out the Beta. Be sure to send me an invite next time though, and yea, we should definitely keep this going for the remainder of the bet and then again when the final release hits. Fun times :D

Oh, so that's why you ignored my invite :cry:

It's no problemo :p

I know you weren't there but for the ones that were.....

TIZ MAGIK ....YA KNOWAHO!

Sx ill add you to mine, i wont be on till tommorow (work was killer this week) as im headed to bed...but ill be on and off tommorow afternoon

my gamer tag is: millergdraft

sure thing mate, have fun! :)

I got my first overkill today! (Use to be called Killtacular)

Can I just have a small bit of your skill? I could definitely use it...

Haha, you haven't even seen me play yet. I'll keep my skill, I was trying to teach DirtyLarry some things and give him some tips.

Haha, you haven't even seen me play yet. I'll keep my skill, I was trying to teach DirtyLarry some things and give him some tips.

I could use some tips too please lol, how many MSP will it take? :shifty:

I am going to hop on for about an hour before bed here, so if someone is playing and wants to send me an invite feel free. I am spoiled, and if I cannot play with a few people from Neowin, I will just wind up quitting and going to bed since it is after-all almost 1:30 AM

You don't need to hold it down. You just need to hit it once, and it'll stay on until you finish talking.

I guess I was wrong about this; I tested it out with a friend who disagreed with me, and it turns out you do need to hold it. I remember not having to before, but I guess I was dreaming.

Sorry :cry:

I guess I was wrong about this; I tested it out with a friend who disagreed with me, and it turns out you do need to hold it. I remember not having to before, but I guess I was dreaming.

Sorry :cry:

No, you are right, it is actually on the Bungie FAQ.

For the duration of the Beta, the ?Push to Talk? button, which more accurately is a ?Tap To Talk? button, is on the D-pad ? tap any direction to open a team broadcast channel (which will automatically shut off after a short period of silence).ence). Remember, this feature can be overridden depending on other settings chosen in the UI or Matchmaking rules. Voice and chat settings are of course subject to the normal rules of Beta software ? they are in development and may change before the game launches in fall.

Taken From Here