|OFFICIAL| Halo 3 Beta Blowout

Thought this was interesting, check it out!

Now that the Halo 3 beta has ended, we?ve tabulated some interesting data: There were 820,000 unique participants with more than 12 million hours of online H3 gameplay in its short test period, equivalent to more than 1,400 years of continuous play by one person. Also, Halo 3 was responsible for over 350 terabytes of data downloaded from LIVE. (I can?t wait until e gets that bill)

Also, the Halo merchandising juggernaut has officially kicked off, with a Halo 3 Controller, Wireless headset and comics and all set to join the Halo 3 Zune.

Source: Major Nelson

Some huge huge numbers!

wow... that controller with the brute on the left and phantoms on the right looks hideous! the other controller looks good, but they took a really weird angle on that photo.

i'll probably buy the wireless headset if it costs the same... been intending on getting one of them for a long time.

the MC figurine is pretty cool though, i'll definately buy one of them to show off my geekiness :p

looking at those statistics though, only 350TB? i know thats a lot, but if 820,000 people downloaded the 800MB (i think it was bigger than that even) beta then thats way over 350TB... if thats just in matchmaking stats though then bungie has a hell of a lot of data for making the networking perfect...

wow... that controller with the brute on the left and phantoms on the right looks hideous! the other controller looks good, but they took a really weird angle on that photo.

i'll probably buy the wireless headset if it costs the same... been intending on getting one of them for a long time.

the MC figurine is pretty cool though, i'll definately buy one of them to show off my geekiness :p

looking at those statistics though, only 350TB? i know thats a lot, but if 820,000 people downloaded the 800MB (i think it was bigger than that even) beta then thats way over 350TB... if thats just in matchmaking stats though then bungie has a hell of a lot of data for making the networking perfect...

That number probably includes guests and such where people were unique but didn't have to download it.

That is a massive amount of data.

-Spenser