local proxy software for windows vista

Is there any proxy software that will let you choose which gateway it will use? I have a vpn connection along with my regular internet and I wanted to setup a proxy that would give me a way to route certain traffic around my vpn connection.

An why do you feel that some proxy software is going to allow you to do that? What is your vpn connection? Cisco - to allow access to other than thru the vpn connection -- that has to be allowed for at the server/concentrator side in cisco.

If just a windows pptp vpn - then just uncheck use as default gateway in the vpn connection.

Some details of EXACTLY what vpn your using and what your trying to go -- will go along way to allowing people to help you.

But some proxy running on your machine sure does not sound like what your looking for.

I have a pptp windows vpn. The reason why I asked is because currently I use a proxy from work, and route certain applications through it using the route command in windows vista. I was hoping there was a way to start a local proxy and force the proxy to route through a certain gateway instead of using the default one.

uncheck use vpn as default gateway.. And then it will only use your vpn connection to access the network on the end of it.. going to the internet, etc.. will use your normal gateway.. There is no need for some proxy software to do that.

When you have multiple connections, be them local or thru a vpn - then yes setting up routes can be used to direct traffic which connection to use.

uncheck use vpn as default gateway.. And then it will only use your vpn connection to access the network on the end of it.. going to the internet, etc.. will use your normal gateway.. There is no need for some proxy software to do that.

When you have multiple connections, be them local or thru a vpn - then yes setting up routes can be used to direct traffic which connection to use.

I cannot find that option anywhere. There's an option to set the vpn as my default connection but that sounds counter-inuitive.