unsupported pixel shader version 2.0

The game needs Pixel Shader 3 support, which is found on GeForce 6 series and up, and Radeon X1k series and up, so not on your x850.

Sorry but a video card upgrade is a must to play this game.

You and me are in the same boat, Tantawi. The game actually requires the use of a Shader Model 3.0 compliant GPU, which is a first for any PC game as far as I know. While I really don't care about this requirement, what I don't agree with is that Capcom does not tell you about it until after you download and install the demo. There are two versions of the demo, a DirectX 9 and a DirectX 10, but no where does it mention that the DirectX 9 version does not work with any Shader Model 2.0 graphics card. Oh well...

You and me are in the same boat, Tantawi. The game actually requires the use of a Shader Model 3.0 compliant GPU, which is a first for any PC game as far as I know. While I really don't care about this requirement, what I don't agree with is that Capcom does not tell you about it until after you download and install the demo. There are two versions of the demo, a DirectX 9 and a DirectX 10, but no where does it mention that the DirectX 9 version does not work with any Shader Model 2.0 graphics card. Oh well...

Dude, when they say you need a DX9.0c, that means you need SM3.0 support. Jeez... :rolleyes:

SM3 cards are cheap to get anyway. Even some onboard graphics has SM3 support. :p

Dude, when they say you need a DX9.0c, that means you need SM3.0 support. Jeez... :rolleyes:

Uh no I don't think so Tim, it says you need to install Directx 9.0C doesn't specifically mention that a SM 3.0 card is required yeah yeah SM3.0 is a subset of DX9C pffftt big deal many games require it be installed and they run fine on SM2.0 cards. What's up with the jeez and rolleyes smilie it's unecessary he asked a simple question didn't shout it and wasn't impatient about.

The game needs Pixel Shader 3 support, which is found on GeForce 6 series and up, and Radeon X1k series and up, so not on your x850.

Sorry but a video card upgrade is a must to play this game.

Damn that sucks i just got this card not long ago.. How long would a ATI x1950 pro last me? it sells for $270-300AUD i got x850XT for $130AUD

Lost planet on my rig is horrible with barley 10 to 15 fps running @ 2560x1600. I hope this is just an nvidia driver issue.