[Cancelled] Sarah Connor Chronicles (Terminator Series)

^ Nice read, funny that he says he and Megan Fox are "solid" when they broke up a few weeks back. The new season should be sweet, as much as I love the summer, september can't come any sooner.

Series creator Josh Friedman moderated his own T:SCC panel at Comic-Con today, which kicked off with a clip reel ? put together just for us ? that included a few bits from the first season and a lot of what's to come in season 2. Cam (Summer Glau) has survived the truck explosion that ended last spring's run (oh, like that's a shock), and the Turk (increasingly-sentient chess computer) is in the hands of some very high-tech baddies, including new cast member Shirley "Garbage" Manson. We saw some nice craziness from James "Sarkissian" Urbaniak and some nice butching up on the part of Thomas "John Connor" Dekker (who came to the panel dressed as Bruce Springsteen, circa 1984, and has cut off his emo bangs). We also saw a lot of shooting and car-flipping and, well, more of the same awesome same. If you read my TV Watches last season, you'll know I started off ambivalent about this show, but the smile on my face after the clip reel is proof positive it's grown on me.

The cast spent much of the start of the panel cracking each other up, before Friedman and Dekker got substantive to discuss John's transformation from a mopey, PTSD-afflicted teen into someone we'll believe could be a leader of men. "The second-season John Connor is nothing like the first-season John Connor," said Friedman. ("Thank you!" called out some dude in the audience.) Other info relayed: John gets out a bit from his mom's overbearing clutches this fall; Lena Headey (pictured, who plays the title role) is "chuffed" to have Manson in the cast; Brian Austin Green (a.k.a. BAG) just keeps getting hotter ? and would like to thank everyone who hated the fact that he was cast but embraced the character. ("I'm still waiting for that embrace," said Dekker.)

In season 2, say the producers, the universe has been expanded, and the core group we met last spring will be rubbing shoulders with the real world. We'll see the Connor family crumble, and what that stress does to a mom ? even as Skynet continues to evolve. Some of the actors ? Dekker and Headey, especially ? may be directing some of the show's online content going forward, and they're writing Richard T. Jones' Christian faith into the show as part of Agent Ellison's character.

And here's the biggest bombshell: Today's panel was comprised of Manson, Jones, Garrett Dillahunt (Cromartie, the bad Term), BAG, Dekker, Glau, and Headey ? we were told this season, ONE OF THEM WILL DIE. The cast didn't know about this, and flew into a tizzy that effectively derailed the proceedings for a while. ("But I just bought a house..." whimpered Dekker.) Even money's on newbie Manson to kick it, of course, but maybe BAG's trying to make it to that 90210 remake after all?

EW

Hey! John no longer looks like an emo!

Thanks Jebus! Couldn't take him seriously last season with his emo traits :D

24cuuzp.jpg

11:40AM: The TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES panel started off with a seriously fraktastic trailer for the new season. Spoiler Alert, Summer Glau?s Cameron is alive ? and did we mention awesome.

But on a more serious note, we?re pretty sure that the Connor Family, with the help of Derek Reese will build some sort of time-traveling device that will allow them jump to different time periods in their fight against SkyNet.

11:42AM: Josh Friedman, who?s moderating the panel starts by thanking the fans for their support. You?re welcome Josh.

11:46AM: By audience demand, the first question of the panel goes to Summer Glau. Friedman who isn?t surprised, asks, ?Who?s better looking, me or Joss Whedon??

11:50AM: Lena Headey on what Sarah would do with a day off? ?She?d get some over the counter valium and track down Agent Ellison and have a good night in.?

11:53AM: Josh Friedman to actor Richard T. Jones, ?Agent Ellison you made a really bold decision with your character to play him black.? Hilarious.

11:55AM: An audience member yells ?thank you? when Josh Friedman proclaims that John Connor will be totally different in season two. So, not petulant, whiny and emo.

11:56AM: John has to grow up and will finally escape his mother?s overbearing paranoia. Expect far less Sarah and John, much more Derek and John. Ready? set? fanfic?

11:58AM: Random Separated at birth, Josh Friedman and Kevin Smith.

12:00PM: Shirley Manson reveals that she feels like she?s in a new band that?s younger and better looking.

12:05M: Second season spoilers. One of the cast members on the panel is going to die this season. The Connor family will be falling apart, while SkyNet will be evolving. Da?Da?Duh!

12:09PM: Opening up to fan questions, with the caveat by Friedman that no one can mention Linda Hamilton or River Tam [FIREFLY]

12:10PM: Fans don?t seem to realize the difference between a ?question? and a ?statement.? Seriously, nobody cares how much you love the show, get to the damn question.

12:15PM: The chick from Mahalo Daily asks an incredibly pointless question. I miss Veronica.

12:18PM: Fun fact of the day, if you ever wonder why Lena Headey isn?t in her iconic tank top so much , it?s because it takes three hours in the makeup chair to cover up all her tattoos. Which brings us to the first rule of becoming a successful actor. Looking like this good, tattoos bad.

12:20PM: Hands down, the TERMINATOR Panel has the most ?interesting? bunch of audience participants. Interpret that how you will.

12:22PM: Shirley Manson fans hoping for that magical SARAH CONNOR musical episode? umm? don?t hold your breath.

12:25PM: More Season Two Spoilers: Cromartie will be using Agent Ellison to track down the Conners & Co.

Latest from Kristin

Marshall in Kentucky: Kristin, thanks for all the great scoop from Comic-Con! I was hoping for more from the Terminator show.

Yes, and just for you, it is of the steamy variety! A source on the show told me "We are casting a female resistance fighter who will burn up the sheets with Brian Austin Green." By the by, producer Josh Friedman told the Comic-Con panel he had no faith in Brian being the right choice when he came in for the audition, but was so blown away he made the decision right there on the spot to offer him the role. Also, I asked Brian if he might come on the new 90210 and he said "I'm on Terminator, Monday night on Fox!" Clearly was not about answering that question in any way or form. Hmm...So maybe David Silver is the aforementioned boy returning? What do you think? Possible in any way?

E!Online

Ah, so the studios demanded a love interest. This usually kills a show...

I just watched 1-8 of season 1, gonna watch 9 tonight. Got to say, I'm more impressed than I thought I would be!

I was gonna post a few of the set photos but I'm to tired.. :p

Set Photos

16pics of Sumemr Glau (Cameron Phillips)

8pics of Thomas Dekker (John Connor) Without emo hair :p

4pics of Garret Dillahunt (Cromartie)

Episode 2.01 Samson & Delilah

Episode 2.02 No Good Deed

Episode 2.03 The Mousetrap

Episode 2.05 Goodbye To All That

Episode 2.07 Alpine Fields