Out of State Driving - Ohio Temporary driving permit

My mom is going to Iowa for my sisters soccer tournament. My mom would like me to do some of the driving. The states that we would be going through are Indiana, Illinois, Iowa. I have a valid Ohio Temporary Driving permit and am 16. From what I've been able to google it is legal to drive with a temporary permit in states that permit it. I've been having a hard time figuring out if Indiana, Illinois, Iowa permit driving with a temporary permit (of course with my mom).

If anyone can inform me of these laws, and regulations I would much appreciate it!

Thanks

I drove from IL to Oklahoma on a trip when I was 15 with my temporary permit with my family, but I believe I was told in classes that the permit is only valid for in-state driving, but I doubt a cop would do much about it other than tell you that that's the case and make a parent drive.

I only know ny and in ny you cant drive with an out of state permit. If youy have an out of state liscence you can but in NY you cant drive with an out of state liscence.

So I would be carefull.

I only know ny and in ny you cant drive with an out of state permit. If youy have an out of state liscence you can but in NY you cant drive with an out of state liscence.

Since when? I drove in PA and NJ numerous times with my temp premit. I even drive my dads aerostar home after it got involved in a scary accident(left rear blowout, van spun numerous times before hitting the center divider on the highway). It might not sound scary, however seeing red and white lights going around in circles atleast 4 times then feeling the impact of hitting a hard wall is not fun.(my dad was driving at that time, then after the accident he told me to drive the van since i guess he was still in stock of what happen)

I did get pulled once by PA Police for speeding once, he never check my license nor did a plate check. All he said to me, was to watch my speed next time. (I guess this was because i wasnt driving on a main/populate street and he did not feel like writing a ticket since i was not hazard to the public or some bull**** thing like that)

Considering driving permits do not allow for driving on freeways, highways, interstates, parkways or other similar road... um... what's the question?

And why not just call the motor vehicle departments in those states and ask?

Well I did email each state police department that I'd be going through and I don't know about California, but in Ohio we are allowed to drive on freeways, highways, interstates, etc...