Windows Live Messenger - hide window border?

Hello,

I remember in the older versions of WLM there was an option to hide the window border and menus. I can't seem to find it in the new 8.5 version. Is that option still there?

Next to the colourize button should be another button that brings down a menu, there you can select "show the menu bar" and it turns it off and on. :D

Next to the colourize button should be another button that brings down a menu, there you can select "show the menu bar" and it turns it off and on. :D

All I see there is "File Contacts Actions Tools Help"

Am I missing something?

• 4 weeks later...

I am also missing the "show the menu bar" option, but only on one of the installations i have carried out (4 others for family and freinds are ok). i do not remember ever being asked about this option during an install, and suspect it was an unknown keyboard shortcut pressed by accident.

Is it possible to restore this option? If so, how?

I have tried reinstalling, had a quick look at registry entries, etc... but with no luck. Since what i was looking for was probably not there i guess i would have had very little chance of finding it anyway.

Cheers

I had the same problem as you guys are having. Turns out i had speech recognition on in vista and it doesn't let you hide the menu bar. :wacko:

Hope that helps.

im having the same issue but its the reverse. i cant seem to hide my menu bar, the button that allows me to do so is gone. can anyone help me out with that?

never mind i fixed it, trying doing this. open All Programs>Accessories>Accessibility>Magnifier

just open it up and move about, close it and then maximize MSN and it should work, it worked for me, might help you out.

• 6 months later...

I know this is an old thread guys, but thought its better to bump it, than start a new one.

I have this exact problem. I cant hide the Messenger Live Border (8.5 has this problem, so does 9beta) - i ve tried deleting registry information, uninstalling messenger - nothing seems to work.

• 2 weeks later...

I had exactly the same problem!! but It just disappeared right know (5 min ago) !! MURILO2K mentioned something about the windows vista speech recognition! Then I started to remember when I used Speech Recognition! ?. And?. the last time my messenger was without that border was the first (and last) time I used that program!!

So what I did was....I ran the program (just go to All Programs ? Accessories ? Easy of Access ? Windows Speech Recognition).... I tried looking for something that could hide that border!!! but I couldn?t find any!!! .... so I cl(all this time my wlm 8.5 was running with my account logged in)gged in), then I clicked on the windows live messenger main window! and the menu bar just disappeared and the menu next to the colors schemes, now includes the "show menu bar" option:D33:D#33; :D :D

I really hope this can help you.... let m:)know! :)

Brilliant fixed it. I thought i had tried Window Speech Recognition process. Before i loaded it up and didnt enabled it. You have to run through the wizard then close the program. Cheers charliemolain.

Reinstalling messenger, deleting registry keys...they all dont fix this issue.