New Motherboard, Old Case & Power Switch Pins

I've got an Antec case that I've had for several years, and have recently replaced a defunct Asus ATX motherboard (A7N8X-VM) with a newer ATX motherboard from Foxconn.

After getting almost all the peripherals, etc. properly installed and connected, I moved on to the case Power button/power LED/Reset button/etc. As I began this, I noticed that my current case's lead for the Power button does not match the motherboard's, in terms of the number of pins. According to the documentation from Foxconn, the power pins look like this:

FoxconnPWR.jpg

However, not all of my wires coming from the case match. The power button's plug has 3 receptacles, rather than two as is shown to be required on the MB. There is also another plug with 3 receptacles, rather than two, however I cannot remember which one specifically (it was the end of a very late night, and that was 2 days ago), however I believe it was the reset button.

Has anyone encountered this, and/or does anyone know of a solution? Or would this simply be a scenario that requires trial & error?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Edited by djDaemon

look at your manual for your motherboard. there is usually a 3-prong connector left of the main front device panel

look at your manual for your motherboard. there is usually a 3-prong connector left of the main front device panel

I've read the manual, cover-to-cover, and there's nothing there to answer my question (hence why I'm asking here). In fact, the above diagram represents almost the entire coverage of the power/reset/LED connection instructions.

Are you saying there may be a 3-prong connector on the case? If so, where would I get the appropriate cable? The only one that I have is the one that came attached to the case.

you can take one of the wires and put it in the middle hole. the middle hole is empty atm..

I'm not sure if you're not understanding my problem, or if I'm not understanding your proposed solution. So, here's a diagram:

FoxconnPWR2.jpg

your power button led is on a 3-prong, it is using slot 1 and 3. it is not using slot 2. depending on where you need to move it, move it to slot 1-2 or 2-3

your power button led is on a 3-prong, it is using slot 1 and 3. it is not using slot 2. depending on where you need to move it, move it to slot 1-2 or 2-3

Gotcha - makes more sense now. I'll give that a whirl this evening. Thanks for your help!

lol, I had to go deeper for you. You're not the worst... no problem.

lol, I had to go deeper for you. You're not the worst... no problem.

FMI, is it somewhat common to have a 3-prong PWR lead on a case, even though 2 are utilized?

yes, very common, only a few boards have the actual 3-prong connector. newer cases have only 2-prongs..