Camera angle mistake reveals Criss Angel's secret! (picture st

Criss Angel attempts to cause a moving object to vanish in front of a real live audience on top of a parking garage in Las Vegas. He speeds along the parking lot in a go-kart towards men with fire extinguishers. They discharge the CO2 creating a cloud of smoke into which Criss vanishes. Pretty impressive, however due to a mistake in a camera angle, and the wonderful technology of cable TV recording devices, slow motion reveals his secret.

First, watch the stunt for yourselves:

http://members.cox.net/thinkcrazy576/Criss%20Angel.htm

/EZ

edit: I must be blind because I do not see the mistake he did according to the article.

Edited by creamhackered

Man, what a lame trick, even without the camera angle goof. That's all it takes to 'impress' people?

That's sad.... He would have to pay me to even be in the audience.

Interesting application of a 500 year old theatre trick. Line of site tricks were a lot easier when there were no cameras and you knew where the audience would be...

I don't know much about magic, nor TV, but when I first saw the video, without the pics, I knew that was the only logical explanation for the stunt... Too bad!! now I won't sleep tonite!!

i saw it without any of the images. my eye caught a shift in the steer and that was the only logical explaniation, however it seemed too obvious...but hey its cris angel!

I clicked the original link before Cream posted it (without the pictures) and it looked like he went to the lower level of the parking without the camera angle.

Radish?

also, pause the click with 54 seconds left, and you'll see a guy with a fire extinguisher in a black coat, and blue jeans, beside a trash can, you can really notice the underground parking garage

Come on - everyone knows magic tricks are nothing more than "Illusions", but that doesn't make the magic tricks any less difficult.

Think about the "laying on a bed of nails" trick... nothing to that illusion except having the proper ratio of nails to body weight spaced proportionally to hold the magician. Sure, you can add a more dangerous element to the trick by having an object sit on top of you, but once again that's a simple tweak of the mathematics.

Often times the simplest answer is the right answer... this is the way magic has always been and will stay...