Hatton Seals Fight with Mayweather

Mayweather was the better fighter there, by quite a ways imo. Hatton hardly got a decent punch in all fight, but took a lot. Still, he never gave up!

On a side note I hate how Mayweather played to the crowd at the end, he's such a slimy promoter at heart, spouting all the **** about loving the UK fans, and how Ricky was still a champ in his eyes. It was as false as Jordans ######. Makes me sick.

Mayweather was the better fighter there, by quite a ways imo. Hatton hardly got a decent punch in all fight, but took a lot. Still, he never gave up!

On a side note I hate how Mayweather played to the crowd at the end, he's such a slimy promoter at heart, spouting all the **** about loving the UK fans, and how Ricky was still a champ in his eyes. It was as false as Jordans ######. Makes me sick.

Agreed. He's one of the biggest showboaters I've ever seen, and to be honest, he never deserved to win. The referee was diabolical! Every punch Ricky threw, Mayweather grappled him, most of the time he stuck his head in Hatton's arms so he couldn't hit him. And why the hell did Joe Cortez deduct a point from Ricky?! Yes, he tried to hit Mayweather in the back of the head when he almost went down halfway through, but he never made contact! He hit the ropes.

Agreed. He's one of the biggest showboaters I've ever seen, and to be honest, he never deserved to win. The referee was diabolical! Every punch Ricky threw, Mayweather grappled him, most of the time he stuck his head in Hatton's arms so he couldn't hit him. And why the hell did Joe Cortez deduct a point from Ricky?! Yes, he tried to hit Mayweather in the back of the head when he almost went down halfway through, but he never made contact! He hit the ropes.

That the word for Joe Cortez, diabolical, specially in the first 6 rounds. :no:

Another win for Mayweather :( I hate him, I want to see him lose one fight.

Great fight. Hatton's style and the crowd brought the best out of Floyd.

Floyd proved that he is the best out there and Hatton gave a great effort, it's just near impossible to penetrate Mayweather's defense. Even when Hatton got him on the ropes a lot of the punches were glancing.

I'm glad there was a clear end to the fight and that the point deduction didn't play into a close decision.

Damn hes a good fighter but Mayweather really needs to keep his mouth shut. Oscar de la Hoya might just be round the corner and asking for a rematch. Mayweather should just let his fighting do the talking (luckily it worked yesterday and it proved for him to be the best.

Watched first 4 rounds.

After 3rd round I thought Hatton was leading quite well, and potentially win the bout. Until the forth when he took a few dabs and couldn't keep at Mayweather, I realized then that he wasn't going to win, so I threw in the towel and went to bed.

Shame Hatton. I would have liked him to shut that gobby twunts mouth.

I realised last night what i detest most about many British ppl.

Their lack of respect for the American anthem was disgusting, Im ashamed to have some British blood in me

Im going to whip my self with barb wire.

brb

Yeah I didn't like the fact they booed the anthem :(

I am hearing people saying Hatton should retire, I am not sure I said on my blog I think he should drop a weight because he still has class.

Hatton should stay at 140, he didn't do much good previously against Collazo @ 145.

Someone stated something about Cortez and I thought Cortez did a great job letting Ricky fight dirty. It brought out a good Mayweather.

The best line was from the first undercard bout:

"He fell like the proverbial bag of bricks" ~ Jim Lampley

Honestly, as much as I truly wanted Hatton to win, I honestly and sincerely did, I thought Mayweather really handled the whole fight with much more class than I ever expected him to. As much as I previously disliked him, it made me respect him slightly. From the low key profile to coming out to Bruce Springsteens "Born in the USA" (I would have gone as far that Floyd never even heard that song nevermind would choose it to come out to), to his after fight talk (which yes, did stink of him being a promoter and not a fighter), he really could have been way, way more of a pompous prick, but he somehow remained pretty humble, so I do respect him a little more than I did.

My father also made a great point. Me and my friends were complaining what a loud mouth punk Mayweather is, and my father, who was with us at my house, said he is no different than Ali was, and if we do not like Floyd, thank Ali as he is the person that made trash talking what it is today. So really, although Mayweather is a modern incarnation of it, he really is just a classic "showmen" boxer. That made me not hate him as much either.

Bottom line is he was the better fighter. A tactician vs. a brawler, and the tactician won handily.

Would have personally loved for the brawler to win, just the fact he truly is a down to earth person and was the proverbial underdog, but just like Floyds uncle said in the HBO 24/7 series, and I am paraphrasing, but he said something like "This ain't gonna be Rocky, cause Apollo Creed is going to win."

I call if Hatton does continue to fight, Floyds new promotion company that he made sure to mention, that Hatton will be one of the fighters he represents, or at least tries to.

Honestly, as much as I truly wanted Hatton to win, I honestly and sincerely did, I thought Mayweather really handled the whole fight with much more class than I ever expected him to. As much as I previously disliked him, it made me respect him slightly. From the low key profile to coming out to Bruce Springsteens "Born in the USA" (I would have gone as far that Floyd never even heard that song nevermind would choose it to come out to), to his after fight talk (which yes, did stink of him being a promoter and not a fighter), he really could have been way, way more of a pompous prick, but he somehow remained pretty humble, so I do respect him a little more than I did.

My father also made a great point. Me and my friends were complaining what a loud mouth punk Mayweather is, and my father, who was with us at my house, said he is no different than Ali was, and if we do not like Floyd, thank Ali as he is the person that made trash talking what it is today. So really, although Mayweather is a modern incarnation of it, he really is just a classic "showmen" boxer. That made me not hate him as much either.

Bottom line is he was the better fighter. A tactician vs. a brawler, and the tactician won handily.

Would have personally loved for the brawler to win, just the fact he truly is a down to earth person and was the proverbial underdog, but just like Floyds uncle said in the HBO 24/7 series, and I am paraphrasing, but he said something like "This ain't gonna be Rocky, cause Apollo Creed is going to win."

I call if Hatton does continue to fight, Floyds new promotion company that he made sure to mention, that Hatton will be one of the fighters he represents, or at least tries to.

Dude, we totally had that discussion on how Hatton made Mayweather look like the gentleman in this fight! :laugh: It wasn't just a few of us then.....

I don't however particularly buy into Mayweather as a promoter. We shall see.

I agree, I guess it sells tickets because people want to see him lose. In one of my classes we were talking about this and some guy blamed Ali for the downfall of all sports... Im sure it didnt start with Ali he just made it famous.

Ricky Hatton has said he wants a rematch with Floyd Mayweather following the Mancunian's defeat in Las Vegas last weekend.

Hatton was beaten in the tenth round by the WBC welterweight champion in their title showdown but has not ruled out fighting the man regarded as the world's best pound-for-pound boxer.

Hatton, who arrived back in the UK in the early hours this morning, said: "A rematch could be in the offing, and there are fights at light-welterweight.

"My best attribute is I am fearless. I think it was working, up to the six-round stage there was not much in it then I lost my way a bit.

"I lost my rag and had a point taken off. But I've got lots of 'positives' to take from the fight."

After his first defeat in 44 fights over a 10-year period, the former world champion had aleady suggested that he may return to light-welterweight.

Hatton has several options available to him, including a meeting with Oscar De La Hoya, at Wembley on May 5, a pairing that was considered in the build-up hype to the Mayweather fight.

He has aleady said that he intends to carry on in the ring. In the aftermath of the Las Vegas fight, he said: "Knock me down but I keep coming back. Ricky Hatton is not finished."

Is it a mistake that he wants to fight him again?

Is it a mistake that he wants to fight him again?

Not at all. People need to understand Ricky Hatton. This was the biggest fight of his career, and in another country no less. Ask Floyd if he's even fight a pro fight outside of the US. Anybody is who even a casual fight fan could tell Hatton was too amped for that fight. He was too excited to prove his worth. I think he should get a rematch and I would bet on him again without hesitation.

But, I think the Oscar fight will happen before a Floyd rematch. Both fights will be amazing, regardless.

Not at all. People need to understand Ricky Hatton. This was the biggest fight of his career, and in another country no less. Ask Floyd if he's even fight a pro fight outside of the US. Anybody is who even a casual fight fan could tell Hatton was too amped for that fight. He was too excited to prove his worth. I think he should get a rematch and I would bet on him again without hesitation.

But, I think the Oscar fight will happen before a Floyd rematch. Both fights will be amazing, regardless.

Yeah the Oscar fight will be awesome, but I am not sure about fighting Floyd again I mean he could outclass Ricky again butt you would just hope the first fight would of taught him something.