Convert XP to Vista Ultimate Theme!

I'll Start this poll off to help others to convert XP to the Vista Ultimate theme in only a few steps...

The XP GUI has been a complete bore for all users and with the vista GUI conquering, we all atempt

to get the best look out of XP for those who don't have vista or prefer the XP platform... So for those

looking for an ultimate transformation..... Look no further!!!! :yes:

Firstly: Try downloading

Vista Inspirat Ultimate 2 to get a good basic transformation, you can download it from here

the pack is freeware!

Second:

TrueTransparency: If you are looking for additional tweaks such as window transparency, I have a really good and simple addon that could give you that perfect aero glass effect,

download here :D

Third:

TopDesk: I always loved that flip 3d effect from the taskbar that you get in Vista Ultimate and premium versions! To get this in XP you can download it from here :D

WindowBlinds is quite a good program to get the glass effect however for those who hate having any performance issues when multitasking I find that WindowBlinds has given problems in that area! :x

I'm sorry but you can always buy the Windows Vista Ultimate for $199 for the OEM version instead of getting WindowsBlinds.

There's nothing wrong with windowblinds. You either have a crappy computer or you used a older version & stop wasting your time with these themes there ugly. Buy vista if you want it very good once you get used to it.

I am running a 2GB Pentium core 2 duo, 4gb RAM, GeForce 8800 pci Express and yet that crappy windowblinds still gave stabilty problems!!! (However it might work for some) We all have our opinions Shaunn!!

I am running Vista Ultimate on my PC as well as XP SP2 on my Laptop and unfortunately most laptops don't perform very well with Vista compared to a dektop computer, so if you read my first post you would relise that I mentioned: "to get the best look out of XP for those who don't have Vista" and "The XP GUI has been a complete bore" then this post is for those who are looking for a new look and can't run Vista! So sorry for your useless comment ACTIONpack!

:shiftyninja:

Calm down guys. Stop insulting people saying that it's either stupid to buy Vista or that it can't be compared to put a Vista theme on XP.

Before I upgraded to Vista Ultimate, I used the Vista Transformation Pack 6.0 and WindowBlinds. It was great. When I migrated to Vista Ultimate, I only had to get used to the new arrangement of features in the Control Panel and some other interesting and useful features.

There will still be millions of Microsoft customers who are not going to migrate to Vista for the next few years and these fun transformation packs that copy Vista's aesthetics are simply fun and interesting for the XP user.

So stop bashing each other for no reason!

Great find, KillaB.

I am running a 2GB Pentium core 2 duo, 4gb RAM, GeForce 8800 pci Express and yet that crappy windowblinds still gave stabilty problems!!! (However it might work for some) We all have our opinions Shaunn!!

I am running Vista Ultimate on my PC as well as XP SP2 on my Laptop and unfortunately most laptops don't perform very well with Vista compared to a dektop computer, so if you read my first post you would relise that I mentioned: "to get the best look out of XP for those who don't have Vista" and "The XP GUI has been a complete bore" then this post is for those who are looking for a new look and can't run Vista! So sorry for your useless comment ACTIONpack!

:shiftyninja:

LOL please ge the facts before you POST .. i have 2 notebooks and 3 desktops and the notebooks run just fine ! if you belive that vista runs badly on notebooks then you need a better notebook or learn how vista runs

*Sighs*

Why do people state they have really good hardware and believe that this cures software stability problems?

Right you are! My point is that the hardware I have is more than capable and obviously has to be a software related issue!

The whole point of this topic is to find more ways than one to get the best transformaton of XP on a not so Vista capable machine....

How can you have a 2GB Pentium core 2 duo?

Please stop acting dumb. You know what he meant.

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E6420 LGA775 2.13GHZ (1066MHZ FSB)

Buddy, he was joking around. The poster said 2gb instead of 2ghz and that's what it is all about...

LOL please ge the facts before you POST .. i have 2 notebooks and 3 desktops and the notebooks run just fine ! if you belive that vista runs badly on notebooks then you need a better notebook or learn how vista runs
dude, better to get your own facts right! he didn't say Vista runs badly on notebooks, he said it ran badly on HIS notebooks. Bit of a difference there! I happen to share his experience.

that true transparency prog is awesome! combine it with microsoft's official freely available zune theme and it looks very pretty. Thanks killa_b!

...one thing I noticed with the true transparency prog - I didn't know how to stop it or switch skins (I didn't see the tray icon at first) so tried to end the program from task manager - and triggered windows DEP, which killed explorer.exe, task manager and opera. So best not to try ending the process from task manager. Not that you would ever need to, nor would the average user ever do that! Works fine from the tray icon.

P.S. I am running Windows XP: Professional with The Look of Windows XP: Media Center Edition.

Including the plus programs:

Windows Audio Converter

Windows CD Label Maker

Windows Dancer

Windows Party Mode