[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I was gonna post this but it was denied so didn't but still wouldn't mind John as the Doctor but the story would have to be good to have made him the doctor.

As some of us have said before, John Simm did not want to do another life on mars because he did not want to be away from his family for long periods of time. Well guess what, Dr Who takes forever to film. Try and put the two together.

I'd much prefer if John stays as the evil one.

Shame, this whole "John Simm as the next doctor" crap went to press - I detest how crap reporting can start rumours.

But man, imagine the sstorylines in that reality... Explains away the laugh, and possibly the ring at the end of the season. Conflicted doctor haunted by the drumming sound. How others would react to him.

Would be an amazing season if it ever had happened...

I didn't see this one posted in here - this is a snippet from back in August. I so could have predicted this as soon as I saw a woman pick up The Master's ring at the end of the last series:

Iconic British actress Joan Collins has reportedly signed up to play a time-travelling villain in the forthcoming season of Doctor Who.

The News of the World claims that 74-year-old Collins, best known for her role as 'uber-bitch' Alexis Carrington Colby in the soap Dynasty, has already signed up for the role of The Doctor's arch nemesis The Rani, a scheming Gallifreyan scientist who appeared twice in the classic series.

The tabloid quotes an insider in the show as saying: "The Doctor Who team are delighted they've managed to sign Joan. It's a real coup. [she's] perfect for the role... like Alexis Colby with a sonic screwdriver."

The Rani was originally portrayed by Kate O'Mara in 1985's 'The Mark of the Rani' opposite Colin Baker and in Sylvester McCoy's debut story 'Time and the Rani' in 1987. O'Mara, who reprised the role in a 1993 Children In Need special, also played Collins' younger sister Cassandra in Dynasty.

Earlier this year, The Sun reported that Footballers' Wives star Zoe Lucker was a "dead cert" for the part of the Time Lady.

The Rani was a female Time Lord (well, Time Lady I guess!), so if the Master was able to survive the time war, then there is no reason why The Rani couldn't either.

I really, really, REALLY hope Billie Piper signs on for that rumored season finale return. I miss her so much as Rose :(

I'd like to see it too, but we'll just have to wait and see.

But the ending of S3 had a "Now I'm truly alone" feeling.

They can't play this card too often.

I'd have to agree with you there. In some ways, I think it is highly unlikely that it IS the Rani. I can't believe that RTD would use the same story arc over 2 series. Or if it IS her then she'll probably be something minor in the grander scheme of things. I don't know, I'm just excited to see it back on the screen. Still - at least not much longer for Torchwood.

Will Lily Allen be following in Billie Piper's footsteps? And not by acting as a London call girl. But rather, by joining the cast of Doctor Who.

The Sun says there are talks for Lily to join the show.

Apparently Lil is being eyed-up for the role as Doctor Who's assistant, who's currently portrayed by Catherine Tate.

They quote a show source as saying: "Lily is multi-talented. She comes from more of a TV background than a musical one.

"After the chat show we hope she'll take over from Catherine as Doctor Who's assistant.

"We've talked to her and she was excited by the idea."

Wowsers.

For the next series rumours say David Tennant may not be returning to reprise his role as the famed Doctor Who.

The source also told the paper: "John Simm and Rhys Ifans have been linked with the job. Lily would make a very cool couple with either of them."

That she would.

Seeing as Lil recently landed her own chat show too, looks like things in the telly depo are looking rosy for her.

Lily Allen entering the Tardis

Doctor Who certainly seems to hold a strong appeal to celebrities. The show?s previously boasted cast members like Trisha Goddard, Catherine Tate, McFly (yuck!) and even Kylie (who?ll be appearing in this years Christmas special). But now it seems they?ve topped the bunch!

The Dr. Who production team are is currently in talks with chav queen Lily Allen to replace popular comedian Catherine Tate as the Doc?s (always doomed) assistant. If she got the role, multi-talented Lily would find herself in one of the most high-profile female roles on British TV.

The Doc?s original assistant (since the show?s reincarnation that is) was played by Billie Piper, a formerly chavy pop singer from Swindon and it looks as though the same story is about to come true for Lily. Lily?s had a pretty good run of it lately, having a show handed to her by the BBC and launching her own delightfully shabby fashion brand, so it seems good luck really does come in three?s.

Source:Teevieo