[Official] Doctor Who Thread

He would be a great Doctor.. imo :)

I would agree.

But the problem is finding someone who will want to stay, will he want to do this for a few years?

But know he did the series of Hamish Macbeth back in the 90's for 3 series and each one consisted of about 6 episodes.

But I still think it would be nice for a less well known actor to step into it and make it his role.

^ So would I but If Robert Carlyle or someone else just as popular got it I would know his acting skills and if someone new stepped into the role I wouldn't know what to expect. Hopefully whoever they choose does good as the doctor to go with Steven Moffat's great writing :)

^ So would I but If Robert Carlyle or someone else just as popular got it I would know his acting skills and if someone new stepped into the role I wouldn't know what to expect. Hopefully whoever they choose does good as the doctor to go with Steven Moffat's great writing :)

I would agree with that too, lol.

And plus anyone new might just use this as a jump to something else and leave it.

And yus, someone good needs to be the Doctor, some of Moffats stories have been pretty darn good, and have a certain edge in them and makes them feel more, I dunno, for an older audience.

Though I hope he brings back.....SALLY SPARROW!

3x10Blink-00035.jpg

:D

Looking forward to the Christmas episode...

Very sad to see DT leaving, but I was upset when CE left and DT took over and he turned out to be brilliant, so I'm optimistic.

With much excitement, I toddled along to the press screening of the much-anticipated Doctor Who Christmas special this morning. There are a million and one questions surrounding 'The Next Doctor' - "is David Morrissey the successor of David Tennant?" being the chief curiosity - but in keeping with the spirit of things I'll leave that one firmly unanswered. Instead I offer you these ten tantalising teasers:

1. The mysterious Cybershades can jump quite high.

2. Neither the Doctor nor the Other Doctor recognise each other. But the latter doesn't remember much anyway.

3. There are two words that the Doctor never refuses.

4. The Other Doctor has a TARDIS - and it's magnificent.

5. For a while Rosita becomes the Doctor's companion (but then you'll know that already if you've read our interview with the lovely Velile Tshabalala).

6. The script includes the customary line "what about the children?"

7. At least one previous incarnation of the Doctor makes an appearance.

8. Miss Hartigan (Dervla Kirwan) is a very special lady.

9. The Other Doctor's fobwatch is a very important clue.

10. "I suppose ** *** ***, **** ***** ** *****."

[Source]

In the Daily Mail today they've got good oods for Billie Pipper to be the next Doctor....

Personally, I wouldn't care for that. I wouldn't mind her coming back as a companion, though.

Agreed. Personally I don't want to see a female Doctor.... Catherine Zeta-Jones was also high on the list.

Anyway, presumably in the next episode or two we're going to see the Doctor meet River Song and (unless we're in for some Doctor Who lesbian action) I doubt we'll be seeing a female doctor.

Agreed. Personally I don't want to see a female Doctor.... Catherine Zeta-Jones was also high on the list.

Anyway, presumably in the next episode or two we're going to see the Doctor meet River Song and (unless we're in for some Doctor Who lesbian action) I doubt we'll be seeing a female doctor.

bbr15.jpg

66awbknrb9.gif