[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I thought it was a pretty rubbish episode overall. And boring. It started off well enough, but then turned to crap. The entire Cybermen arc was a big disappointment. I wish it had focused more on the Jackson Lake plotline, though I can't see how they might have done that.

Sigh.. last year's special was cheesy enough, but it wasn't boring.

Hope the next one's better.

I thought it was a rather good episode. The king women was a bit um cheesy yeah.

Oh and what is it with cockney assistants ffs.

He does love his cockney assistants :D

yep agree with some people. cheesy ep indeed. giant robots who want to destroy london is a big :no:

also what the hell with the monkey-like cybermen :p its complete oposite to them.

Not bad in places, basic premise was good but as always it lacked something in the execution.

Looking forward to hearing bits and pieces about the Easter eps soon, I think they start filming in Jan...

Not bad in places, basic premise was good but as always it lacked something in the execution.

Looking forward to hearing bits and pieces about the Easter eps soon, I think they start filming in Jan...

Yeah they start filming soon, David Tennant has been injured recently so I wonder if that will postpone filming.

The Christmas special was ok, bit confusing for little kids though i thought. I heard somewhere Donna was coming back I hope this isn't the case, she is a dreadful character.

It's never too soon to start obsessing about spoilers for the Easter special ? which starts filming Jan. 19, hopefully yielding lots of set reports. So far, there are a few facts, like the Doctor meets new characters Malcolm and Christina, and gets reunited with the Unified Intelligence Taskforce. Also, he's supposedly without his TARDIS, and Tunisia is supposed to be standing in for an alien planet.

More fanciful rumors: we visit the Daleks' homeworld of Skaro (hence the title, "Planet Of The Dead," since our first trip to Skaro was in the episode "The Dead Planet.") Also, maybe Tunisia is the site of the eighth Doctor's final battle against the Daleks during the Time War, as shown in a huge flashback? Or maybe not. [Ultimate Doctor Who Site]

Yeah they start filming soon, David Tennant has been injured recently so I wonder if that will postpone filming.

I hear he is getting better and may even return to Hamlet before the London run finishes...

It's never too soon to start obsessing about spoilers for the Easter special ? which starts filming Jan. 19, hopefully yielding lots of set reports. So far, there are a few facts, like the Doctor meets new characters Malcolm and Christina, and gets reunited with the Unified Intelligence Taskforce. Also, he's supposedly without his TARDIS, and Tunisia is supposed to be standing in for an alien planet.

More fanciful rumors: we visit the Daleks' homeworld of Skaro (hence the title, "Planet Of The Dead," since our first trip to Skaro was in the episode "The Dead Planet.") Also, maybe Tunisia is the site of the eighth Doctor's final battle against the Daleks during the Time War, as shown in a huge flashback? Or maybe not.

[Ultimate Doctor Who Site]

Well I guess it wouldn't end properly with Tennant if the Daleks weren't involved lulz.

New Doctor to be named tomorrow!!!!!!!

The actor replacing David Tennant in Doctor Who will be announced tomorrow (Saturday), the BBC has confirmed.

The unveiling of the 11th Doctor will come during an episode of behind-the-scenes show Doctor Who Confidential, airing on BBC One at 5.35pm.

"We believe the actor is going to bring something very special to the role and will make it absolutely their own. I just can't wait to tell everyone who it is, it has been a nail-biting Christmas trying to keep this under wraps!" said executive producer Piers Wenger.

Rumours have suggested that Paterson Joseph, David Morrissey and Robert Carlyle are in the frame to take over from Tennant, who announced his departure from the show in October.

The new Doctor will take over from Tennant at the end of four new specials, the last of which will air early in 2010, before appearing in a full fifth series.

Link

:woot:

Did anyone catch Dr Who at the proms the other day was pretty awesome i love the Doctor Who soundtrack, there was a short sequence shot just for the proms where the doctor is composing music and a portal opens up and its like hes looking through the portal to the audience at hte proms and there is a whole sequence and he throws his music through the portal for the proms to play, was pretty funny.

Really going to miss David Tennant though, hes my favourite Doctor.

Bit Slow.... :/ Though I can't wait! :woot: Hope it's Robert Carlyle!

I seriously doubt it's going to be Mr. Carlyle considering he's now starring in Stargate Universe. I mean unless he can do two TV shows at once, who knows. I doubt it very much though.

I seriously doubt it's going to be Mr. Carlyle considering he's now starring in Stargate Universe. I mean unless he can do two TV shows at once, who knows. I doubt it very much though.

Shoot my hopes down then :rofl: Well I hope their good :p

It's Robert Paterson, bound to be but that begs the question he is filming second series of Survivors.

Who on earth is Robert Paterson? I'm guessing you meant Patterson Joseph, not sure if he'd make a good doctor but I do like him :D

Who on earth is Robert Paterson? I'm guessing you meant Patterson Joseph, not sure if he'd make a good doctor but I do like him :D

Yeah I mean't him I was thinking of Robert Carlyle and him at the same time :laugh: it's like a cross over!