[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I reserve the right to be a tad skeptikal about it until a couple of episodes in.

Skeptikal yeah, outright dismissive, no :p

and yeah, I suppose they would have had major trouble trying to keep it secret for over a year.

I really liked David Tennant when he was first announced sadly this newbie will ruin the show, Richard Hammond would have sent their rating through the roof.

Honestly, I'll say it again.. Give the new guy a chance, no ones seen an episode with him yet. I wasn't sure on David Tennant and he become brilliant, although I hate to see him go I'll give Matt Smith a chance. Oh and stop talking about Richard Hammond, that was never going to happen, ever.

Oh and stop talking about Richard Hammond, that was never going to happen, ever.

Bingo. Newspapers such as The Sun like to make up these rumours that have no basis. Every time there is a new Bond they are at it. And whoever chooses their subject really needs their head examining.

Just watched The Next Doctor. Loved the episode and it's a shame that it'll be 6+ months before it actually airs in the US. Looking forward to the next "movies".

The first Doctor I remember watching was Tom Baker and I remember being really upset when Peter Davidson left...

I am sure that if Moffat is backing the new guy then all will be well - after all being named Smith he already has the right name!

The first Doctor I remember watching was Tom Baker and I remember being really upset when Peter Davidson left...

I am sure that if Moffat is backing the new guy then all will be well - after all being named Smith he already has the right name!

I wasn't a doctor who fan until Christopher Ecclestone but now I love it and caught up with the history.

I really liked David Tennant when he was first announced sadly this newbie will ruin the show, Richard Hammond would have sent their rating through the roof.

Richard Hammond? You must be kidding. He's not exactly a good actor is he? He'd definitely put my household off watching.

I will be sad to see David Tennant going, however I am going to give Matt Smith a chance, none of us can comment when we haven't even seen him in the role yet

To be honest I worry more about Steven Moffat than Matt Smith. I wonder what direction he is going to take DW and will the quality be as good. He is an unknown quantity as a producer of DW and you never know with unknowns.

To be honest I worry more about Steven Moffat than Matt Smith. I wonder what direction he is going to take DW and will the quality be as good. He is an unknown quantity as a producer of DW and you never know with unknowns.

He wrote one of the best episodes yet entitled "Blink"

Yes, he is an excellent writer. I love his stories. He is an unknown as a producer, however, at least for me. He'll probably do just fine but you never know. Changing leadership is a tricky thing.

He wrote one of the best episodes yet entitled "Blink"

and frank miller wrote sin city; now that hes in charge look what he did with spirit :devil: . Personally, i think he will do fine though.

Moffat is only producing though (along with writing of course) not directing. I'm pretty sure they are gonna keep on using the same directors they've always been using on the show (I hope) and we all know Moffat can write some damn fine episodes. Blink, the Library two parter, Girl in the Fireplace (I think that was one of his) etc etc.

Lily Allen has emerged as the favourite to take on the role of The Doctor's assistant, reports The Telegraph.

The show's bosses are reportedly eager to hire a showbusiness name to act alongside Matt Smith, the relatively unknown actor recently revealed as the eleventh Doctor.

"Having got the casting of The Doctor out of the way, the companion role is where we will be looking next," said executive producer Piers Wenger.

"Someone terribly exciting like Billie Piper, who was at the beginning of her acting career but who had a profile for other reasons, would be great. We are looking for someone whose light can burn brightly.

"We would never cast anyone on the basis of their celebrity, but if Lily wanted to audition we would be delighted. It would be a lot of fun."

The singer was previously linked to the role in 2007, before it went to comedienne Catherine Tate.

Strictly Come Dancing stars Rachel Stevens and Kelly Brook are also reported to be in consideration for the part.

[S]

Keeping your eye out for The Doctor's assistant Rappy? I can't see any of them as the doctors assistant :/

Why are they going so celebrity? No talks of Sally Sparrow! :o?

Yeah got to start the hype!

Incase you are wondering who lily allen is :p

lily_allen.jpg

I hate Lily Allen as much as I hate her dad. He certainly is able to pull some strings in the industry though...

If it weren't for that, I'd write this off as BS. But he seems to be able to have his ****ing finger in every ****ing pie...

I know who Lily Allen is :p People in scotland know things aswell :( Even though I'm not really into her kind of music I still like a few of them, and she looks good so that's not a downside :laugh: but I can't see her as the doctor's assistant :/ The past assistants were good, but if she was one I would think she just wants attention :|

I know who Lily Allen is :p People in scotland know things aswell :( Even though I'm not really into her kind of music I still like a few of them, and she looks good so that's not a downside :laugh: but I can't see her as the doctor's assistant :/ The past assistants were good, but if she was one I would think she just wants attention :|

Yeah wasn't aimed at you :p

Incase no one else knew! I don't know if she's popular in America.