[Official] Doctor Who Thread

:laugh: You had my quote then said "Incase you are wondering who lily allen is" I wish they got a vaguely unknown person.

Yeah I was meant to add a

---

to the post :p

I hate Lily Allen as much as I hate her dad. He certainly is able to pull some strings in the industry though...

If it weren't for that, I'd write this off as BS. But he seems to be able to have his ****ing finger in every ****ing pie...

Why?

Sally! Sally! Sally!

Someone needs to tell them producers we want Sally! :laugh:

Sally! Sally! Sally!

Someone needs to tell them producers we want Sally! :laugh:

DO WANT. Etc, yeah, someone should tell them already :p

Oh god no, not Lily Allen, I have no problems with the new guy what so ever since we haven't seen him as the doctor.

But her as the assistant, just, no thanks. ever.

Don't bring in a fairly unrecognisable face as the doctor then have an assistant that is far more well known, I can't see it working.

I am not sure but Sheridan Smith was not bad in Jonathan Creek maybe she might want some work.

*face palms* Sally Sparrow!

Of course my first choice is Sally Sparrow Corris you know that! its just that if Moffat wants other choices then we shall give them to him.

Of course my first choice is Sally Sparrow Corris you know that! its just that if Moffat wants other choices then we shall give them to him.

Maybe, but we should never give up hope!

Never!

And I would like to think he would choose someone better.

I think Georgia Moffett from "The Doctor's Daughter" would be a nice pick. Someone not from Earth in the series.

Same name....gets her ahead of the crowd :p

DOCTOR WHO producers may have overlooked a star name for their new Time Lord ? but pop stars and Hollywood actresses are all in the running for his new companion, according to reports yesterday.

Just hours after little-known actor Matt Smith was named as the new Doctor in the BBC Wales hit show, speculation mounted that a star name would accompany him on his time-travelling adventures.

[...]

Two Welsh stars have also made it onto the bookies? list, with Catherine Zeta-Jones coming in at 10/1 with bookmaker William Hill, just ahead of Cranford actress Kimberley Nixon at 14/1.

Nixon, who lives in Pontypridd ? just minutes from the BBC Wales studio where the programme is filmed ? was last night thrilled at being linked with the much-loved programme.

She said: ?Well, the studios where they film Doctor Who are right next to where I live at home in Pontypridd, so it would be very handy.

?It would be lovely to be filming and be able to sleep in my own bed. Being in an action role would also be great ? I?ve never done anything like that before.

?If I had the chance to audition for the role and got it I don?t think I?d believe it. I?d love to film something in Wales. The new Doctor is so much younger I think he might need a young companion.?

Nixon recently appeared on the movie screen in Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging and will shortly appear in Cherrybomb opposite Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint, who plays Harry?s friend Ron Weasley in the film franchise.

[...]

Speaking to online magazine Digital Spy, the show?s producer Russell T Davies gave some clues as to the nature of the assistants for the Doctor Who specials to be aired later this year, before Smith?s reign as the 11th Doctor begins in 2010.

Davies said: ?We?ve got a young female companion at Easter, and then a much older woman next Christmas ? someone in her fifties or sixties.?

[...]

Kimberley Nixon knows who she would choose if she lost out on the part: ?If I couldn?t have it, I?d like it to be Katherine Parkinson from The IT Crowd ? she?s got just the right kind of kookiness for the part. But of course, I?d jump at the chance.?

[S]

• 2 weeks later...

Michelle Ryan Cast in Doctor Who

Former Eastender Michelle Ryan is being lined as Doctor Who's new assistant.

She has been picked by show bosses to replace Freema Agyeman (eta: lol, wrong companion)in the new series next year.

Michelle, 24, will star with previously little-known actor Matt Smith, 26, who was announced as the 11th and youngest Time Lord earlier this month.

A source on the show said: "Michelle's been in secret talks with BBC bosses.

They are likely to announce her as Doctor Who's new assistant very soon. She is perfect for the role. She is goodlooking and the right age to star alongside Matt. Everyone agrees they look great together and reckon fans will think they're the perfect team too."

Michelle - who recently played sorceress Nimueh in hit BBC series Merlin - auditioned to play the Doctor's helper in 2005, hoping to take over from Billie Piper. She was turned down in favour of Freema, 29, and a year later got a big break and went to the US to star in The Bionic Woman. But the remake of a 70s TV favourite lasted just eight episodes and Michelle returned to Britain.

The source added: "The BBC launched Michelle's acting career as Zoe Slater in EastEnders and she will be thrilled to be back with them in such a legendary role.

"It's an incredible opportunity for her and even though she's had a lot of success already she is still young and at the start of her career."

Lily Allen, 23, Kelly Brook, 29, and 23-year-old Carey Mulligan - who played Sally Sparrow in a previous Doctor Who episode - have all recently been linked to the coveted assistant's role.

Suppose that wouldn't be too bad, you know, next to lily allen, lol.

Lily Allen, 23, Kelly Brook, 29, and 23-year-old Carey Mulligan - who played Sally Sparrow in a previous Doctor Who episode - have all recently been linked to the coveted assistant's role.

Zomg Yes Please. :D

careymulligan01afd8.jpg

Yes, listening, has nothing to do with all those letters and death threats..... :shiftyninja:

So you are the one standing outside moffats house with a banner saying "sparrow for assistant"