[Official] Doctor Who Thread

So you are the one standing outside moffats house with a banner saying "sparrow for assistant"

Yes, I'm assuming your the one who keeps jumping out of the bush at him every morning when he goes to work? :p

Let me guess, another duo of Doctor/Companion who will fall in love but can't actually have a relationship. Yay.

24 and 26, perfect for the current age crowd! :D

Michelle Ryan and Lee Evans Cast

Evans confirmed on Friday Night with Jonathan Ross (to be aired tomorrow);

"I'm a professor...they asked me the other day, and I said I'd love to do it."

With production having now commenced on the first Doctor Who special Planet of the Dead, fans who have been watching events unfold in Cardiff over the last few days have reported on Ryan being involved with this episode. This was confirmed last night with the actress being seen performing with current Doctor David Tennant. Though there has been no official confirmation of her role from the BBC as yet, it is believed that she is playing the part of companion to the tenth Doctor for this special, with The London Paper today reporting her character name as 'Lady Christina de Souza'.

P1010464.jpg

P1010463.jpg

P1010493.jpg

Bit more to what Rappy said above

Digital Spy: Easter Special Doctor Who

The special episode - titled 'Planet of the Dead' - also sees the return of Noma Dumezweni as Captain Erisa Magambo. Last seen in the series four episode 'Turn Left', UNIT officer Magambo worked with Donna and Rose to help restore the correct universe.

Oh my!

Ha, it's amazing you have to get some boob shots or something like that to get somebody's attention these days. Now we can be like "oh yeah she's a good actress"

Lee evans is in doctor who, one of them i believe, said on the Jonathon Ross show friday. :D

Yeah I commented that a page or so back, going to be awesome.

(Nice Edit Mail :p)

f9adac59.jpg

Look Who's back again

DOCTOR Who will be reunited with ex-sidekick Martha Jones yet again, TV Biz can reveal.

Bosses are lining up Freema Agyeman to make a surprise return in one of this year?s four specials marking David Tennant?s last hurrah as the Timelord.

The move has surprised fans as Freema, 29, reportedly annoyed Who chiefs after she signed up for ITV1?s Law and Order: London.

Show creator Russell T Davies was then forced to tear up scripts for Who spin-off Torchwood, in which she?d been given a starring role.

But sources confirmed the Londoner will reprise Martha for the BBC1 hit later this year. An insider said: ?Freema?s on board. It?s early days so it?s unclear what exactly Martha will be up to in the new show.

?Whatever happens it?s good news for Freema and shows that whatever friction there was between her and Who bosses has gone.?

Freema has a chequered history with Doctor Who after signing up in the third series, replacing Billie Piper, 26.

She only lasted one series before she was replaced as 37-year-old Tennant?s sidekick by Catherine Tate, 40.

However bosses still featured guest appearances by Martha in five episodes of the last series, as well as putting her in the second Torchwood series.

Doctor Who - Spring Special threatened by a broken Bus

Planet Of The Dead becomes Planet Of The Rewrite as a bust bus scuppers production...

Filming on the upcoming Doctor Who special, due to be screened in Spring, has been dealt such a severe blow that Russell T Davies is in the process of re-writing Planet of the Dead.

But why? It seems that a red double decker bus (integral to the plot) was shipped overseas (reportedly to Dubai) but was so badly damaged that the vehicle is now unusable for filming. This has forced the writer into some hasty re-writes of the script, co-written with Gareth Roberts.

Another red double-decker bus has been spotted cruising around the streets of Cardiff with David Tennant and Michelle Ryan on board. It is rumoured this bus transports its human passengers to an alien world. The story also stars comedian Lee Evans who revealed that his character, Malcolm, is a professor during an interview with Jonathan Ross.

Showrunner Russell T Davies is on record as saying that although this is the "Easter Special", there is no guarantee that Planet Of The Dead will be broadcast at that time; hence the use of "Spring" in the BBC press releases.

This is not the first time Doctor Who has faced problems with overseas production. During the filming of Fires Of Pompeii, some of the production crew arrived a day late due to border problems. Let's hope these current problems don't hinder the production of another excellent adventure for the Time Lord.