[Official] Doctor Who Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Tardis 'to get a full redesign'

The Tardis will undergo a full redesign when Matt Smith joins the cast as the eleventh Doctor in 2010, it has been claimed.

Producers will radically refit the inside of the time-travelling police box and will also enhance the quality of the exterior, The Mirror reports.

A source said: "It will be the most hi-tech, intricate Tardis ever."

Incoming head writer Stephen Moffat is reportedly interested in making sure the Tardis looks good in high definition.

He is also said to be attempting to distance himself from outgoing executive producer Russell T. Davies, and to herald a new era of the show.

Davies has previously admitted that a move to high definition would require the reconstruction of the Tardis to prevent its "flaws" showing on screen.

A redesigned TARDIS, eh? Well, it wouldn't be the first time I suppose. We'll have to see how this plays out.

They have to do it tho I feel for the HD, HD can be cruel on ugly things :p

Dr Who Dalek found in pond

dalek_1359465c.jpg

The group had already fished out an old table football game and a skateboard when they bumped into the Dalek head, which was covered in weeds.

Sales executive Marc Oakland was pushing a rake around the bed of the shallow pool when he found the object with its distinctive eye stalk.

The 42-year-old said: "I'd just shifted a tree branch with my foot when I noticed something dark and round slowly coming up to the surface.

"I got the shock of my life when a Dalek head bobbed up right in front of me.

"It must have been down there for some time because it was covered in mould and water weed, and had quite a bit of damage.

"One of the dome lights was smashed, but the eye-stalk was intact and the head and neck stayed in one piece as I carefully lifted it out."

Pond warden Tony Brown, 70, was leading the volunteer squad clearing dumped rubbish from the pond, near Beaulieu, Hants.

He said: "We made a very thorough search of the rest of the bottom of the pond and there were definitely no alien remnants lurking.

"We've all agreed it best to keep the pond's exact location under wraps.

"The last thing we want are sci-fi fans descending on the pond frantically seraching for other Dalek parts."

Mr Brown, who trained as a pond warden with Southern Water, has been helping clear out the area for the past eight years.

He said: "We've dredged up everything from shopping trolleys, toys, and bicycles.

"But this is the first time a Dalek's appeared. We have no idea how it ended up in there, or how long ago.

"We discovered the BBC often took the Daleks out on location for filming, and they travelled to Hampshire on at least one occasion in the 1980s, when Colin Baker played the Timelord.

"Who knows, this might be the remains of one of the originals from the old TV series. I'm told they they were built to last."

'Skins' star for 'Doctor Who' companion?

Skins star Hannah Murray has been tipped to become Matt Smith's companion in the fifth series of Doctor Who.

Murray, who played Cassie in the first two series of the Channel 4 teen drama, is supposedly in secret talks with producers about the role, News Of The World reports.

A BBC insider said: "Hannah did some challenging stuff in Skins and they see her as an up-and-comer."

Other stars reportedly being considered for the role include Georgia Moffett, Lily Allen and Kelly Brook.

Russell T. Davies has confirmed that he does not want to "ruin anyone's chances" of being cast as the fifth series companion by using them in this year's specials.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew that would bring all the companions for his last show. If John Simm is the Master, wonder how he comes back alive? That women with the ring?

It sounds like it will be an amazing episode! John Simm as The Master (Y)

Hope they bring Captain Jack for DT's final episode too! And of course, it just has to be K-9 shooting the final laser beam to end the reign of the master! :D

I knew that would bring all the companions for his last show. If John Simm is the Master, wonder how he comes back alive? That women with the ring?

Yeah it had to be didn't it! as long as her teeth are in and she speaks coherently!

s320x240.jpg

April 12 will have the biggest Easter Egg of them all - the "200th" Doctor Who story, Planet of the Dead.

The listings magazine for Sky customers, Sky Mag, is reporting that the first of this year's Doctor Who specials will be screened on Easter Sunday - April 12.

No specific time has been detailed but the BBC have scheduled Planet of the Dead for Week 15, which takes in April 11-17. Airing the special on the Sunday will ease the potential headache for schedulers as the Saturday night of April 11 will see BBC1's Robin Hood squaring off against ITV1's Primeval.

A trailer for the special was screened in the Millenium Stadium during the half time of the recent Six Nations Rugby game which would indicate that it will hit our screens this weekend, possibly after (or before) the Robin Hood series opener.

Planet of the Dead will also be screened on BBC HD, a first for Doctor Who, and stars Lee Evans (The Fifth Element) with Michelle Ryan (The Bionic Woman). The DVD already has a release date of May 11.

Source

The BBC Press Office has confirmed that the Doctor Who special Planet of the Dead will air during the week beginning 11th April. Although the series is listed as "unplaced" in the main press release, it also briefly appeared on the page for Saturday's programmes. Final airdate and time slot will be confirmed when the listings are sent to magazines at the end of next week.

Planet of the Dead features David Tennant as the Doctor, Michelle Ryan as Lady Christina and Lee Evans as Malcolm. It is written by Russell T Davies and Gareth Roberts.

The BBC gives the following description for the special:

When a London bus takes a detour to an alien world, the Doctor must join forces with the extraordinary Lady Christina, in this one-off seasonal special. But the mysterious planet holds terrifying secrets, hidden in the sand. And time is running out, as the deadly Swarm gets closer.

Planet Of The Dead features David Tennant as the Doctor, Michelle Ryan as Lady Christina and Lee Evans as Malcolm and is written by Russell T Davies and Gareth Roberts.

SNN25TV1A-682_763962a.jpg