[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Ive just been rewatching Doctor Who from the "new" series 1, just watched Blink by Stephen Moffat i really cant wait till he takes over the reigns for the first full series not just the special, Blink and Forest of the Dead/Silence in the Library are amazing episodes.

Ive just been rewatching Doctor Who from the "new" series 1, just watched Blink by Stephen Moffat i really cant wait till he takes over the reigns for the first full series not just the special, Blink and Forest of the Dead/Silence in the Library are amazing episodes.

Blink is my all time favourite episode...

Sally Sparrow for Assistant!

Going to be a good easter! I just love how Lee is playing his alter ego that he made up called Malcom, in his stand up he always talks about Malcom being a bit special.

Doctor Who - 4x15: "Planet of the Dead" - Still in Production!

Doctor Who: Will "Planet of the Dead" Be Finished In Time?

Cameron K McEwan

The first of this year's Doctor Who specials faces an adventure worthy of the Time Lord himself...

Published on Apr 3, 2009

Ex-BBC Newsround presenter and uber fan Lizo Mzimba has reported, via Twitter, that the first of this year's Doctor Who specials is still not finished.

Tweeting on the social networking site the BBC presenter said: "No press launch. It won't be finished in time." The press launch for Planet of the Dead was due to take place this week but this is not the first time that a Doctor Who episode has gone straight from the editing room to the screen. Even last year's series finale was not shown to any press before its broadcast on BBC One.

Showrunner Russell T Davies has assured the fans that the episode will be finished in time whilst also adding that the title and a preview of the next special will be shown at the end of Planet of the Dead, airing Saturday 11th April, 6.45pm. It will be repeated the next day on BBC Three and then on Easter Monday on BBC One at 5pm.

As the first special approaches the promotion for Doctor Who hots up with David Tennant and Catherine Tate sitting in for Jonathan Ross on his Radio 2 show on April 11th. John Barrowman is their guest along with The Proclaimers. One-off companion Michelle Ryan can also be seen on Wednesday's edition of the BBC children's programme, Blue Peter.

Nice! Thanks Rappy!

I remember reading ages ago last year that the Master and Donna would return for one of the specials

Despite previous reports suggesting otherwise, the second of this year's Doctor Who specials is to be broadcast in "November(ish)." This rather vague timeframe was announced today by Russell T Davies on the BBC One show, Breakfast.

The showrunner also revealed that Bernard Cribbins will play the companion to the Doctor in David Tennant's finale as the Time Lord whllst adding that the first of this year's specials, Planet of the Dead, is now finished - having being completed at 11.30pm, the previous night.

UK television listings magazine, Total TV Guide, is stating that the second special is called The Waters of Mars. Whether or not it broadcasts during November itself is up for debate with Davies' addition of "ish" to the month, suggesting that a Halloween Doctor Who episode may still be a possibility.

Planet of the Dead screens on Saturday, 11th April on BBC One at 6.45pm with a simulcast on BBC HD.

Source

Doctor Who executive producer Russell T Davies has confirmed that Bernard Cribbins will be returning to the series.

Speaking this morning on BBC Breakfast Davies said Cribbins would be the Doctor's companion in David Tennant's last two episodes, due to be shown at Christmas 2009.

Bernard Cribbins first played Wilfred Mott, Donna's Grandad, in the 2007 Christmas special and throughout Season 4. His return was expected after members of the Doctor Who Forum photographed Cribbins on the Doctor Who set. At the age of eighty, Cribbins becomes the oldest companion in Doctor Who history.

Also on the programme Davies confirmed that Saturdays special, Planet of the Dead was only completed late Monday night. He said he expected the next special to be shown "Novemberish".

[Source]

Tennant 'cried reading last Who script'

David Tennant has admitted shedding a tear when he read the scenes containing the demise of the tenth Doctor in his final script.

The actor told BBC Radio 1 that he is currently six weeks away from the end of filming on his final episodes of Doctor Who.

Tennant said: "I might have had a little cry. They were brilliant scripts and very moving. It was quite a big deal really.

"I sort of turned the phone off and made sure I could read it straight through without too much interruption."

He added: "Filming is now always out of schedule, so I don't know if I'll be sadder on the last day or filming the final scenes. That remains to be seen.

"It's weird because it's been four years. It's been so all-consuming and so life-changing. It's been such a big thing."

Tennant said upcoming Easter special Planet Of The Dead would be a "kind of a romp" and "the last time The Doctor gets to have fun" before the dark ending.

Source: Digitalspy

So, opinions on tonight's special?

I thought it was pretty good. Not the most amazing episode, but generally the first couple of episodes in any season are just a warm up for bigger events to come.

About the psychic lady and her prediction about something coming out of the dark and knocking four times - could it be The Master? The sound of the drums was always 4 beats. Of course, it may be the Cult of Skaro, which also had four Daleks in it.

Loved it. Lee Evans was it it :D. And the flying bus : P. Thought it was a good episode. Shame hes leaving =/.

It was alright not as good as I wanted it to be but it was cool, the end bit was the best tho about the drums we all know who that is.

Yeah - pretty good episode... Lee Evans was brilliant (50 Bernards lol).

My fav line was "but I havn't invented a name for that yet" so I said to my brother "he should call it a killabernard" XD.