[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I've just watched the Special and it was very Doctor Who-ish :p Really enjoyed seeing Tenant (best Doctor so far, we'll miss you !), plus the lady mentioning you-know-who made me excited about the upcoming series. Good epi !

I read somewhere the next special is in November...such a looooooooooooong wait :(

The thing is, I thought they made 4 specials? If that's true, then they'd have to have at least 2 specials in one month, which is weird. Plus, they'd have the Christmas special in there as well :p They could technically have all 4 specials run week after week, running up to the Christmas special :p

The thing is, I thought they made 4 specials? If that's true, then they'd have to have at least 2 specials in one month, which is weird. Plus, they'd have the Christmas special in there as well :p They could technically have all 4 specials run week after week, running up to the Christmas special :p

Yeah I think it will be special 2 in November then the last 2 over Christmas!

Dr Who spin-off for Lee Evans?

Lee Evans could land his own Doctor Who spin-off if the show?s boss, Russell T Davies, has his ways.

The producer said he was so impressed with the comic?s performance as scientist Malcom Taylor in Saturday?s Easter special, Planet Of The Dead, he could star in a new series.

Evan?s character worked for the organisation UNIT, Unified Intelligence Taskforce, under Captain Magambo, played by Noma Dumezweni.

Davies said: ?Lee and Noma are a spin-off series waiting to happen. UNIT soldiers often work best as half of a double-act, so Magambo needed a foil, though we never dreamed we?d get to cast the part so well.?

Davies, who is leaving the show after the next three specials, added that the spin-off could be broadcast late this year.

If it comes off, it would be the fourth from the relaunched Doctor Who, following Torchwood, The Sarah Jane Adventures, and the forthcoming K-9.

He was good... but his own spin-off series - definately no!

In my opinion he was the only saving grace of that episode but a spin off I agree is to much.

He was good... but his own spin-off series - definately no!

i agree with you on this one. his character would probably be anoying past few episodes.

i agree with you on this one. his character would probably be anoying past few episodes.

Yeah, he would get annoying if he had a spin-off. His character would be funny for an odd appearance or two in Doctor Who though.

• 2 weeks later...
The biggest fangasm this side of the millennium is heard as Gillian Anderson is to join the cast of Doctor Who. But who is she playing...?

Published on Apr 23, 2009

Sci-fi goddess Gillian Anderson is being lined up to star in the fifth series of the popular television show Doctor Who, according to the Daily Express.

The actress, best known for playing Dana Scully in The X-Files, is reportedly being lined up to star as The Rani in Matt Smith's first series as the Time Lord. The Rani is a renegade Time Lady who first appeared in Who during the Eighties' story Mark of the Rani and returned in Time and the Rani. She was originally played by Kate O' Mara.

An 'insider' told the paper, "The Rani would be a perfect role for her as the character used to be regarded as one of the Doctor?s most deadly opponents? whilst also, paradoxically, adding, "The team behind the show are keen for the next Doctor to have lots of new enemies."

Anderson, now living in the UK, has recently starred in The Last King of Scotland, How To Lose Friends & Alienate People and the BBC production of Bleak House. The forty-year old actress is about to star alongside Christopher Eccleston on stage in A Doll's House.

Source

Claire Bloom is said to be filming a part for the upcoming Doctor Who specials.

The 78-year-old actress, who starred alongside Richard Burton in Hamlet, Look Back In Anger and The Spy Who Came In From The Cold, will appear in the final episodes of David Tennant's time on the show, the Daily Mail claims.

A friend told the newspaper: "The script is a very closely guarded secret, as the producers are desperate for Claire's appearance to be a surprise."

Bloom's manager in America, Marion Rosenberg, said: "It is happening. They are filming at the moment. I have been organising her schedule."

The star is rumoured to be playing The Doctor's mother, but a BBC spokesman declined to comment on the story.

Source

:o

The :o was for the fact she could be the Doctors Mother :p

That makes sense... But I don't know if I care to much about his mom. I like my idea that the doctor was never born- He was always here. lol

• 3 weeks later...
That makes sense... But I don't know if I care to much about his mom. I like my idea that the doctor was never born- He was always here. lol

It talked about when he was a little boy how he was forced to look into the time vortex and his age is listed at 900+. He also has had children. So he definitely has a mom out there somewhere.