[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Damn, I wish I lived over thar so I coulda been in that contest. It's been a dream of mine to be on in the Tardis since I was like, 5. Not to mention, David Tennant is a god among men. And well, John Barrowman is pretty cool also. Though, if he tried to kiss me, I'd have to kill him....sorta.

David Tennant will make a guest appearance as the Doctor in the new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, it has been confirmed.

The Time Lord will reunite with his one-time companion Sarah Jane Smith, played by Elisabeth Sladen, for a two-episode stint in the upcoming third series of the kids spinoff.

"Viewers thought they may have to wait until November for the next full episode of Doctor Who, but this is an extra special treat," said Russell T Davies, executive producer on The Sarah Jane Adventures. "And it's not just a cameo from David - this is a full on appearance for The Doctor as he and Sarah Jane face their biggest threat ever."

Sladen added: "When I heard the news that David was going to be joining us I was absolutely over the moon. Not only has it made my day but it will also make the viewers' day. It's fantastic news that Sarah Jane is going to spend some time working with The Doctor again and is testament to just how successful this CBBC series is."

The 12-episode series, airing on CBBC in the Autumn, also features new reptilian race The Veil and enemies The Judoon, as well as an alien girl with the ability to make people play games against their will.

As previously reported, robotic companion K-9 will also return for the new series.

Tennant's stint - in episodes five and six - will come before his final three episodes playing the Doctor in the parent show.

Source

I love Sarah Jane Adventures!

BBC confirms 'Doctor Who' movie plans

BBC Films has confirmed that plans are afoot to bring Doctor Who to the big screen.

In a BBC News article about current Time Lord David Tennant's appearance in spinoff series The Sarah Jane Adventures, a spokeswoman for the corporation's film division disclosed that "a script is in development" for a Who feature.

It is not yet known if executive producer Russell T. Davies or incoming showrunner Steven Moffat are writing the script, or whether Tennant or his replacement Matt Smith will play The Doctor. Tennant will appear in special 'The Waters Of Mars' this November, and two subsequent one-offs, before handing the role to Smith.

The Doctor has previously appeared in the 1965 film Doctor Who And The Daleks and 1966's Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 AD, with Peter Cushing playing the Time Lord on both occasions.

For f*cks sake. He's a rubbish actor, simple as it. I think he'll be one of the worst Doctors.

At least see how he does in his first few episodes before judging him...it's going to take time to get over the awesomeness of DT

For f*cks sake. He's a rubbish actor, simple as it. I think he'll be one of the worst Doctors.

You never know. I loved Christopher Eccleston. I never thought DT would ever be as good as him. He ended up being better. So just give it time.

The problem with going with a more recognizable is they may want to do other projects and also would want more money. With going the route they did with Smith they can cut the costs down on the pay. Doctor who will make him a bigger star, just like it did for DT. I knew of DT before who as he was in Blackpool and RTD Casanova.

^

Funny, and clever, and gorgeous, and sexy. Or Scottish, which is the quick way of saying it.

:D

She's cool, I like her :)

She's much better than Catherine Tate thats for sure.

I warmed to her near the end but yeah Growled it will be interesting.

It looks to me as if they are trying to appeal more to the younger crowd. They know they have us older crowd hooked.

thats the danger. if they appeal to crowd who is too young they may loose some of the older folk since it will be too childish.

Agreed, looks like a reject from a UK version of Twilight.

Agreed, looks like a reject from a UK version of Twilight.

I don't recall saying this, may have been drunk. Point still stands mind.