[Official] Doctor Who Thread

2zgyznr.jpg

Six months after Matt Smith was unveiled as the new Time Lord, the actor finally began filming scenes for his Doctor Who debut this week.

The 26-year-old actor and the doctor's assistant Karen Gillan, 21, were spotted on location in Cardiff filming their first scenes together.

A sneak peek of the new show, which won't be broadcast on BBC until 2010, gives fans a chance to see the Doctor's new costume.

11i0sh4.jpg

vzgdwo.jpg

2remvyf.jpg

2008vhi.jpg

1zgdzx3.jpg

2yzir1c.jpg

9bg9w5.jpg

2uets1g.jpg

Arriving on set today, Matt enthused: 'I feel very privileged and proud to be part of this iconic show.

'The scripts are brilliant - I'm excited about the future and all the brilliant adventures I get to go on as the Doctor.'

The show's new writer Stephen Moffatt, who is taking over from Russell T. Davies, is equally enthusiastic.

He said: 'Matt and Karen are going to be incredible, and Doctor Who is going to come alive on Saturday nights in a whole new way.'

Departing David filmed his last scenes of Doctor Who in May, where he was reunited with former assistant Billie Piper, as well as his current helper Catherine Tate.

His final two episodes will be broadcast at Christmas, with viewers seeing David regenerate into Matt.

Matt was announced as the 11th Doctor in January after David announced his decision to depart.

The Northampton-born actor has signed a ?600,000 three-year deal, nearly half the amount of David's ?1million deal.

Scottish actress Karen was only unveiled as his new companion in May, amid reports ex-EastEnder Michelle Ryan and model Kelly Brook may take the coveted role.

Karen has featured in ITV?s Rebus and hospital drama Harley Street, as well as Channel 4 comedy The Kevin Bishop Show.

The young actress, who is 5ft 11in, has also modelled for designer Allegra Hicks at London Fashion Week.

She briefly appeared in Doctor Who in 2008 appearing as a soothsayer in the episode entitled The Fires of Pompeii.

Source and Source

/me drools

I'm so glad Moffat is going to continue that storyline from the library. Kill off the young companion and have Alex Kingston 24/7 plz thx.

Yeah I wanted Alex Kingston back so its good she is...I also wanted Sally Sparrow back...make it happen Moffat!

haha I do like girls with red hair so she is win for me...but haha....I just want Sally Sparrow to appear! or the statues again but it will probably never be as good as blink!

aww I like the old Dr. Who. He reminds me of a crazy Doctor who saves the world. This young fellow.. apparently doesn't. :\.

haha I do like girls with red hair so she is win for me...but haha....I just want Sally Sparrow to appear! or the statues again but it will probably never be as good as blink!

Red hair girls FTW! :laugh:

New doctor looks like a kiddie fidler.

New assistant looks like jailbait. She'd get it ;)

haha that's funny :rofl:

I said to my mate he reminds me of pee wee herman :laugh:

He just looks like the geeky kid at freshers week who is totally out of place, and would rather be at home playing WOW out of direct sunlight. He's tried really hard to come off wacky to all the other freshers by dressing a bit odd - but you'd avoid him as he has sever anger issues and a well documented problem (though never legally accountable) relating to women.

She'd still get it though - redheaded jailbait FTW!

He just looks like the geeky kid at freshers week who is totally out of place, and would rather be at home playing WOW out of direct sunlight. He's tried really hard to come off wacky to all the other freshers by dressing a bit odd - but you'd avoid him as he has sever anger issues and a well documented problem (though never legally accountable) relating to women.

She'd still get it though - redheaded jailbait FTW!

Speaking from experience there? :p

but yeah she'd get it :D

Am I the only one who's noticed the sweet new paint job for the Police Box? Even the windows have been revamped! Maybe its just me...

Am I the only one who's noticed the sweet new paint job for the Police Box? Even the windows have been revamped! Maybe its just me...

No it was mentioned a while back they were making it better ready for more HD eps!

I don't really like it... The charm of the tardis is that it was old-looking, and didn't change... And now they've gone and made it look like some kind of pixel-art or something... :/

And yeah, loving the new assistant :p

I wonder if they'll ever have the "evil" doctor in this series run or was he evil or just trying a normal doctor who wanted to steal the doctor's remaining reincarnations I forget. In the old episodes during the Trial of a Time Lord series, where they had the doctor's 12th or 13th? reincarnation end up being the villian of the series, and he's at his 11th now right?

It also would be interesting one day if they do bring in a female doctor one day, so then can have a male companion or two guys and go there like torchwood.

A BBC spokesperson confirmed to Digital Spy: "Alex Kingston will be returning to Doctor Who in the new series featuring Matt Smith. Viewers will have to wait and see who she plays and how her character fits into the series."

Kingston is thought to be returning for a two-episode stint.

:D