[Official] Doctor Who Thread

A BBC spokesperson confirmed to Digital Spy: "Alex Kingston will be returning to Doctor Who in the new series featuring Matt Smith. Viewers will have to wait and see who she plays and how her character fits into the series."

Kingston is thought to be returning for a two-episode stint.

:D

She better play Professor River Song (or whatever her name is other than Professor lol) or I'll kill people!

She better play Professor River Song (or whatever her name is other than Professor lol) or I'll kill people!

Course she will. This series is shaping up to be pretty damned good.

I'm intrigued. I'll miss DT, but I'll keep my mind open.

I know. I will miss David too :cry:

David Tennant was the best Doctor. Imo. I can't really see anyone else being a better doctor, but yeah... We'll see how Matt does.

New assistant looks hot :woot:

New Police Box = (N)

I"ll give him a chance, people can be so cruel sometimes. People said the same thing about Tenant when he replaced Chris ??? and look how that turned out. Same when Daniel Craig became the new Bond and he nailed that role. I'm open to this guy, because it's not like Tenant was fired to get this guy in he left of his own accord.

OMG they changed the sonic screw driver from the looks of it. Goddamnit.

OMG they changed the sonic screw driver from the looks of it. Goddamnit.

We all know what it looks like now :p Does it belong to a female doctor? :D

I've actually just started watching Doctor Who about a week ago, and I've been mainlining it like mad. I'm at the end of the third series, just watched Blink. Such a creepy yet awesome episode. :laugh:

I'm currently watching Torchwood series 1 before getting to the finale of DW series 3. Mainly to get some more insight on Jack, but also because it's a cool series, and I wanted to watch Children of Earth too.

david_tennant1232775815.jpg

David Tennant as The Doctor was perfect.. now even the way Matt looks has me doubting him.

"Doctor Who's new look branded a fashion failure"

"More like a geography teacher on a field trip than a time lord battling aliens"

"The latest Doc seemed to have travelled back in time to the place fashion forgot"

David had the eyes, the looks, and the voice for his character. His voice and eyes said "I'm a time lord and I've seen things you can't even begin to imagine". The way he dressed for the character was good, Simple. A little wacky with wearing the converse sneakers grouped with a nice suit. Heck I would prefer to see Christopher Eccleston again out of the blue then Matt Smith. Because the more regenerations the doctor goes though, the more evil-er he gets. Right? That's why earlier on the Doctor had to stop his 13th incarnation from happening. If I remember right of-course.

Pictures of filming on Series 5 of DOCTOR WHO have thrown up some interesting points. If you have a closer look at the wreckage it states BYZANTIUM (close up below). Could this be a reference to River Song's comment to The Tenth Doctor, "Crash of the Byzantium, have we done that yet?" (SILENCE IN THE LIBRARY, 2008)

byzantium2.jpg

july20filming1.jpg