[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Also, David Tennant's final two-parter, airing later this year, is "a personal epic. That final story, it becomes, yes, epic. Almost like a fairytale. But in that there's, like, a seven-minute scene of David and Bernard Cribbins having a conversation together in a cafe, it's really intimate at the same time." (If it was anybody else having a seven-minute conversation with the Doctor, I'd be dubious. But Bernard Cribbins? Cannot wait.)

That should just be awesome. I'm not sure the Doctor has ever had that long of conversation with anyone.

That should just be awesome. I'm not sure the Doctor has ever had that long of conversation with anyone.

That's what I was thinking. Long chat going to be about his life etc, similar in the Season 3 final when the Doctor talks to Martha and Jack about his home and what it was like.

I though Planet of the Dead was weak, Water of Mars looks like it could be better.

Lets be realistic most of the Russel Davies stories are weak, look at all of the season enders big end of everything scenario and then bang the magic button is pushed and everything is good :rolleyes: He should just get together with Brannon Braga and that way the big shiny reset button could be used to fire an "anti-proton beam".

I'm hoping the Who writing improves und Stephen Moffet, it's just a shame Tennant won't be around for the stories.

I just watched the first episode (Rose) of the first season of this show and I just don't know what to think. :(

Seems to whacky for me but I'm gonna keep watching the rest of the season (since I bought it).

Stick with it.

And if that doesn't entice you, watch season 2. If season 2 doesn't get you hooked... then not much else will I don't believe. I didn't think S1 was all that for the most part, which kind of turned me off Doctor Who at first, but then I watched S2 and I was hooked like crazy. I loved it.

ust as the ninth and tenth Doctors had former popstar-turned-actress Billie Piper for Top Of The Pops credibility, so does Matt Smith's eleventh time lord. But, while his choice has the chav, he's unlikely to have the fanboy adoration.

Mike Skinner - AKA The Streets - will be appearing in the next season of Doctor Who, according to a (now-deleted) tweet from the rapper:

You wouldn't believe the week I've had. I can't talk about it but let's just say I got a part in Doctor Who.

While it's unlikely that Skinner - whose last album as The Streets is due next year - will be joining the show for more than an episode, we hold out vain hope that he'll also rework the theme song just to make the hardcore fanboys' heads explode.

Mike Skinner for new 'Doctor Who'? [Digital Spy]

BBC America has picked up the US rights to air the upcoming fifth season of Doctor Who, it has been announced.

The new run, which sees Matt Smith take over from David Tennant in the lead role, is currently being filmed in Cardiff, Wales.

The thirteen-episode fifth season will air on BBC America and BBC America HD in the second quarter of 2010 shortly after its UK premiere.

The network also confirmed that its recent screening of Torchwood: Children Of Earth reached a cumulative 3.3 million viewers (live + SD) over its broadcast week at the end of July, making it BBC America's most successful ever series. The subsequent broadcast of Doctor Who: Planet Of The Dead brought in 657,000 viewers.

[Source]

A page from the 2010 Doctor Who Storybook found its way onto a discussion forum. It appears to be the Tenth Doctor's garbled transmissions about his whole tenure as the Doctor, with quotes from past and future episodes. It includes an upcoming storyline (probably from the Sarah Jane Adventures) where something called the Pantheon Of Dischord is targeting Sarah Jane Smith. Another quote is "Scanning, but it must..." And then there's "...E water! Get away from the wat...", which obviously comes from "The Waters Of Mars." And then, probably from David Tennant's final two parter, there's "Can't be alive! No! The Gate!" (And I'm guessing it's either the Master, or Timothy Dalton's Time Lord, who "can't be alive.) And then there's "One last look... Got to see..." which could refer to the dying Doctor's trip to see Rose Tyler before she'd even met him. And finally, the plaintive "Don't forget me." (Which people are speculating may be Tennant's final words as the Doctor. As if we could ever forget him.) [GallifreyBase, thanks Troy!]

medium3816327219ac4cb37.jpg

God I know I'm gonna cry my ass off when DT dies and regenerates. Especially if his last words are "Don't forget me..." And especially if he goes back to when he first meets Rose (now that's a nice way of tying that story up if you ask me)

• 2 weeks later...

A poster at Gallifrey Base claims to have gotten a good look inside the new TARDIS set, which we'll see in 2010. Supposedly, the interior of the TARDIS will have two different levels, joined by a spiral staircase, and we'll be seeing a console room, a lab area, a sitting room, a long corridor, and "numerous other little nooks and crannies." The set is designed to be modular, so that pieces of the set can be moved around and double as other parts of the ship, when we visit other rooms inside the TARDIS.

The console room itself is a shaped like a hexagon attached to a square rather than being circular, the color theme is mostly silver and gold, and the coral finish has been replaced with marble. The roundels decorating the walls are now inverted hemispheres, and while they appear throughout the set, they do not appear on every wall. The roundels have different color schemes for each room: gold in the console room, silver, gray, and blue in the lab, and brown in the sitting room.

You should, of course, take this with several truckloads of grains of salt. [Gallifrey Base, Thanks Bluehinter!]

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of tidbits from the forums over at Gallifrey Base. For one thing, IMDB is now claiming that Bruno Langley, who played Adam back in season one, will appear in David Tennant's final episode. Is Adam coming back to cause trouble again? Or is this another instance of the Doctor traveling back into his own past, like the thing where the tenth Doctor drops in on Rose before she's met the ninth Doctor? Oh, and there's a rumor ? and I emphasize rumor ? that a 1960s companion will turn up. But forum posters don't think it'll be Carole Ann Ford, because she's turning up in a Big Finish audio production, and those usually avoid using elements that are turning up on the TV shoGallifrey Base]

I can't wait to see the next Doctor Who Special.

Also, here's a question for you: the Doctor is meant to have 13 lives (as an earlier Doctor stated) and if you really go far back to Tom Baker's era, the Red Time Guardian was rumoured to be the 13th incarnation of the Doctor. However, with the success the BBC is generating from this revival, are they going to break that 13-lives rule?

Also, I miss the creatures from past series terribly: the Eternals, the Guardians and the other worlds. We've been watching stories related to Earth for most of the new seasons. I was hooked by the 4th Doctor's adventures so I became a Doctor Who fan. But lately, I felt like he's only been circulating the Earth in different times and occasionally some other planets. I mean the plots are still good but the craziness of the old time (going from one planet to the next, meeting different civilsations) is a bit missing. I mean they can always bring back the Great Vampires or any creatures of the Dark Time, right? :p

Oh seems the Waters of Mars is bringing back the Ice Warriors. Maybe...

A couple of tidbits from the forums over at Gallifrey Base. For one thing, IMDB is now claiming that Bruno Langley, who played Adam back in season one, will appear in David Tennant's final episode. Is Adam coming back to cause trouble again? Or is this another instance of the Doctor traveling back into his own past, like the thing where the tenth Doctor drops in on Rose before she's met the ninth Doctor? Oh, and there's a rumor ? and I emphasize rumor ? that a 1960s companion will turn up. But forum posters don't think it'll be Carole Ann Ford, because she's turning up in a Big Finish audio production, and those usually avoid using elements that are turning up on the TV shoGallifrey Base]

Awesome!