[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I quite like that new logo (Y)

I don't know. I never cared much for the old one but this one doesn't just grab me either. I'm going to wait and bit and see. Maybe it will grow on me.

Fans to redesign Tardis console

CBBC show Blue Peter has launched a competition to design a new Tardis console that will appear in the next series of Doctor Who.

Children aged between six and 12 are invited to create the new control panel which operates the time machine.

For the purposes of the plot, designs for the hexagonal console must incorporate household objects.

The winning design, to be chosen by new Doctor Matt Smith, will appear in one episode of the sci-fi show next year.

Entries will be judged in three different age categories, with the winner of each age group getting to visit the Doctor Who set and meet the cast and crew, including the Doctor.

Doctor Who production designer Edward Thomas, who is also on the judging panel, advised entrants: "Don't come along with a design that's finished and too technical - it needs to have a lot of character.

"It's about being clever with what you find around the house and make sure it really feels as if the Doctor has put it together."

Entries must be sent in by 2 November and more details can be found on the Blue Peter website.

Blue Peter editor Tim Levell said: "This is the latest in a long line of collaborations between Blue Peter and Doctor Who.

"We know our viewers absolutely love Doctor Who and we hope to be blown away by the originality and creativity of their concepts.

"Doctor Who prides itself on surprising its viewers at every turn and who better than a child to come up with the latest design of the Tardis console," he added.

Four years ago, Blue Peter ran a competition to design a monster to feature in the sci-fi show.

The winning entry - the Abzorbaloff - created by nine-year-old William Grantham from Colchester, was played on-screen by comedian Peter Kay.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8295718.stm

You know I watched a bit of Blue Peter today for the first time in years and boy has that program gone down hill...but on the plus side the girl presenter was dressed quite slutty.

you can see what I mean about the blue peter presenter :p

so yeah I have edited the thread so it now includes sarah jane news!

Edited by Rappy

Planet Gallifrey says the dialogue goes something like this:

Doctor: (...), I hate (...). As much as I would like to say goodbye, (...) .... I'm sorry.

Amy: NO!

Doctor: No?no?Amy?no, what are you doing?!3;

Another line of dialogue heard on

Twenty minutes till the world ends and do you know who I am?m?

In another scene, the Doctor and Amy are running toward a white screen and the Doctor turns to someone in hospital overalls. Set reporters heard something about a coma and staring at a dog.

[Planet Gallifrey]

3987404775b8326120cco.jpg

39874113090e2a3cba4bo.jpg

39874127850cefc5a402o.jpg

39874129293e7402d2a9o.jpg

3987413335c5a8a8019fo.jpg

3988150136fa4f716957o.jpg

3988159848b8eaed0d61o.jpg

3988167016647c6841c4o.jpg

3988168604a4bd01f3b6o.jpg

39931306792911f89257b.jpg

39931312951044cd9f05b.jpg

Richard Curtis has announced some details about his upcoming episode of Doctor Who.

It was recently confirmed that the Blackadder writer will pen a script for Matt Smith's first season as The Doctor.

Curtis told ShortList: "I am writing a new episode of Doctor Who, which is great. I wanted to write something my kids would like.

"So I'm doing a Doctor Who that will be on TV next February. I've got Van Gogh stabbing a monster."

He added: "Someone from the BBC just sent me a picture of my monster. I had to decide if it was yellow enough."

Digital Spy

yea David!!!!

I am so jacked, it has been far to long since we've seen the Doctor.....

"Stop this wedding now!!" When does that start?

Yeah, Easter seemed a long time ago :(

according to Wikipedia (yea I know....)

"The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith" episodes are to be broadcasted on Oct 29 and 30. I am assuming that this is where the Doctor will be a full guest star in the series. But I haven't been looking much as to not "spoil" myself for it.

that bit was awesome :D great to see the doctor back!