[Official] Doctor Who Thread

The Sarah Jane new series isn't gonna be some lame 5 parter like Torchwood is it? (even though Torchwood kicked arse!)

And Rappy I know your sigs and avatars etc are random, but you should ban anything Matt Smith related from them until we know he doesn't suck as the new Doctor lol

The Sarah Jane new series isn't gonna be some lame 5 parter like Torchwood is it? (even though Torchwood kicked arse!)

And Rappy I know your sigs and avatars etc are random, but you should ban anything Matt Smith related from them until we know he doesn't suck as the new Doctor lol

haha yeah changed it now to something a little bit more awesome! :D

no its a bunch of 4 2 part stories

I feel sorry for Matt Smith, he has far too big boots to fill. DT just seems to get better and better the more we see him!

And yes... it has been far too long since the Planet of the Dead!

I feel sorry for Matt Smith, he has far too big boots to fill. DT just seems to get better and better the more we see him!

I'm not sure he can. DT arguably may be the best Doctor ever. Matt Smith will be a letdown for quite a while. He may grow on us and eventually become a good Doctor in his own right but I certainly don't expect him to wow me at first. If he does wow me the first few episodes, he has a chance.

I'm not sure he can. DT arguably may be the best Doctor ever. Matt Smith will be a letdown for quite a while. He may grow on us and eventually become a good Doctor in his own right but I certainly don't expect him to wow me at first. If he does wow me the first few episodes, he has a chance.

They've already done research and found Tennant was the best Doctor ever, literally bumping the fourth Doctor to second place.

This Thursday marks the beginning of the two-part serial "The Mad Woman in the Attic." We get an early glimpse of Donald Sumpter as Erasmus Darkening, Suranne Jones as Mona Lisa, and Eleanor Tomlinson as Eve. [Blogtor Who]

3c46_500x_sja_eve1.jpgacba_500x_sja_eve2.jpg

200e_500x_sja_mona_lisa.jpgd8c2_500x_sja_erasmus_darkening.jpg

And in the second part of the serial, we'll see a pair of very familiar faces: the Third and Fourth Doctors. Granted, we'll be seeing Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker in flashbacks using archival footage, but we'll also see Sarah Jane's future ? one featuring another familiar Doctor. The vision of the future will involve the phrase, "He is returning, he is coming back," and we'll see the TARDIS appear in the Bannerman Road attic. In another flashforward toward the end of the episode, where we'll encounter none other than the Tenth Doctor, David Tennant. Sarah Jane's robotic sidekick K9 will also be back, supposedly for good.Den of Geekb>]

I though I recognized the name Donald Sumpter. He's been on Doctor Who, though it's been quite some time.

One of his early television appearances was the 1968 Doctor Who episode The Wheel in Space with Patrick Troughton as the Doctor. He appeared in Doctor Who again in the 1972 episode The Sea Devils with Jon Pertwee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Sumpter

Time-traveling action-comedy Doctor Who was filming on location again, and fans were able to peer inside the TARDIS and get a glimpse of the backdrop that's set to match the new interior of the Doctor's time machine.

9kp9h2.jpg

2n9f9rp.jpg

[io9]

Coming up in the UK, in just under a week, is the return of DAVID TENNANT as The Tenth Doctor. He will be starring in The Sarah Jane Adventures story called The Wedding of Sarah Jane Smith that will be broadcast on BBC One at 4.35pm on Thursday and Friday. There will be a review coming up in the next few days but in the meantime enjoy these promo pictures from the episodes

f4ee9553368345.gif 7cee5553368354.gif 0eb10d53368361.gif 4a502253368372.gif c9056a53368375.gif 1fe4f153368376.gif 3fcfe853368381.gif df9ca953368383.gif 60396253368384.gif 12803f53368387.gif 19f2bc53368391.gif e3d94f53368399.gif

BBC confirms Doctor Who preview on this years Children in Need TV show.

The BBC has confirmed that there will be a preview of the 2009 Doctor Who Christmas Special on this years Children in Need TV appeal show, on Friday 20th November.

The confirmation comes via the BBC Press Office, and would seem to suggest that the next special (The Waters of Mars) should air sometime before then. DWO expect the airdate will be announced very shortly, but could very well be Saturday 14th November.

Source: BBC Press Office and Doctor Who Online