[Official] Doctor Who Thread

David Tennant is absolutely an amazing actor. I seriously hope one day he wins some huge major role in a big budget movie someplace and wins an oscar (or related award) for it. Then everyone else will know how awesome he really is.

The man just oozes acting. From his actual acting ability to his facial expressions, to everything else. I can't wait until the end of time already.

Russell T. Davies hinted that the Ood and their preternatural understanding that the Tenth Doctor's journey is coming to an end are very important. And he says that "You'd think something is bleeding, coming through from the other side." Some have suggested this indicates some sort of parallel universe. [Planet Gallifrey]

Den of Geek rounds up all of the spoilers they have for the Christmas special "The End of Time." They mention that we we'll meet a new kind of Ood (actually the one from the end of "The Waters of Mars"), and have summed up the cast of characters we'll be seeing: Wilf, Donna, Donna's mother Sylvia, the Master, the Master's wife, Joan Redfern, Rose, Luke Smith, Captain Jack, and Sarah Jane Smith. And, as we've mentioned before, former Bond Timothy Dalton will appear in the episode. A three-minute clip will air as part of the BBC Children in Need transmission this Friday. [Den of Geek]

I hate the way they make you think it'll be on any minute just to tease you and make you watch the substandard actors making fools out of themselves but it's all OK because it's 'for chradeee'.

There are better things people can do for charity, then they could just put the DW segment straight on iplayer or broadcast it as a stand along short programme.

I tried to get into Dr Who, however as soon as I saw Catherine Tate was in it, I could not take it seriously.

She always had a smirk on her face as if she was about to drop a gag.

I was pleasantly surprised by Catherine Tate, i was never a huge fan of her comedy show and my eyes could never stop staring at that mole thingy :blink:

One of the few times she made me cringe was in the final episode of series four when she becomes the 'Doctor Donna' (spoiler tags just in case), the over acting just annoyed me!

Edit: Added Spoiler tags.

I tried to get into Dr Who, however as soon as I saw Catherine Tate was in it, I could not take it seriously.

She always had a smirk on her face as if she was about to drop a gag.

good thing she's not in it anymore (except for the christmas special) there will be a new ginger haired hottie for an assistant :p

Watched the special the other day, really enjoyed it! Can't wait for 'End of Time'

'Doctor Who' Xmas special title revealed

The Doctor Who Christmas special is called 'The End of Time, Part One', it has been confirmed.

The title marks the first time this naming convention has been used since the show returned in 2005. Previous two-part stories have had their own names.

The second instalment - the final episode to feature David Tennant as the Doctor - is expected to be broadcast on New Year's Eve.

A preview of 'The End of Time, Part One' will be shown during Children In Need this Friday on BBC One.

Digitalspy

Talking of the 'end of time' .. I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, but author Michael Moorcock has been signed up for 'something' in the Dr. Who franchise!

Fantastic news .. he's my all-time favorite author ..

Acclaimed science fiction writer Michael Moorcock has moved to calm the concerns of Doctor Who fans after he revealed he would be writing a new novel about the adventures of the Time Lord.

Moorcock, author of nearly 100 books, ranging from science fiction to fantasy and literary fiction, announced on his website Moorcock's Miscellany that he had been approached by BBC Books to write a new Doctor Who novel for publication by next Christmas. "Still have to have talks etc with producers and publishers but we should be signing shortly. Should be fun," said the author, perhaps best known for his creation of anti-hero Elric of Melnibon?, the doomed albino sorcerer-prince.

He said he sensed "a suspicion of the 'outsider'" at the news from some Doctor Who fans, which he compared to the response "you used to get when someone with a reputation as a non-SF writer would decide to write an SF novel".

"All I can answer to this is 'wait and see'. I'm certainly not a non-watcher," he said. "Neither am I someone who ascribes a kind of religiosity to an enthusiasm. This phenomenon crops up a lot, these days associated with SF/fantasy, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Twilight and so on. I hate these presumptions of exclusivity either in my own corner of the literary world or elsewhere. Mike Kustow, once director of the Royal Shakespeare Co, described this as 'the anxious ownership syndrome', when faced with his first confrontation with SF fandom in Brighton 1968. He'd found the same sort of expression with Shakespeare fans when someone from 'outside' showed an interest."

He stressed to Doctor Who fans that he had been watching the television show since it began, and had been approached to write scripts or stories for years because he was known to enjoy it. "Only recently did the time feel right to me to do one," he said. "I do have to submit it to editors so they can make sure it fits into the canon and this, of course, is understandable."

Moorcock's own fans were delighted at the news ("It's two of my greatest heroes combining forces," said one Multiverse commentator), and expressed their hope that the author would be able to "at least hint" at the Multiverse ? the many-layered alternate universes in which numerous Moorcock novels are set ? in the Doctor Who book.

As yet, however, the author was giving away nothing about the book's contents, although he did say that "since the Tom Baker series, a lot of my ideas crept into the stories and so in many ways I'll be writing a story which already echoes my own work."

In September, it was revealed that Blackadder creator Richard Curtis would be writing an episode for the fifth series of Doctor Who, which will air next year starring new doctor Matt Smith.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/nov/1...ichael-moorcock

more here .. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/11/15/mic...ctor-who-novel/

and at Moorcock's Miscellany forum .. http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=12620

Doctor Who ? The End Of Time: Part One

The Tenth Doctor (David Tennant) embarks on his final journey. It's the Tenth Doctor's final journey ? but his psychotic nemesis the Master has been reborn, on Christmas Eve.

With both determined to cheat death, the battle ranges from the wastelands of London to the mysterious Immortality Gate, while the alien Ood warn of an even greater danger approaching, as a terrible shadow falls across the entire Universe.

David Tennant stars as the Tenth Doctor and guest stars include John Simm, Bernard Cribbins, Catherine Tate, Timothy Dalton, David Harewood and June Whitfield.

The End Of Time ? Part One is written by Russell T Davies and directed by Euros Lyn. The producer is Tracie Simpson.

Doctor Who ? The End Of Time: Part Two

The Doctor faces the end of his life as the Master's plans hurtle out of control.

With the sound of drums growing louder, and an ancient trap closing around the Earth, the Doctor and Wilf must fight alone. But sacrifices must be made, and the deadly prophecy warns: "He will knock four times."

David Tennant stars as the Tenth Doctor and guest stars include John Simm, Bernard Cribbins, Catherine Tate, Timothy Dalton, David Harewood and June Whitfield.

The End Of Time ? Part Two is written by Russell T Davies and directed by Euros Lyn. The producer is Tracie Simpson.BBC Press OfficeOffice

OMG I JUST HAD A MOTHERFRAKKIN NERDGASM...so the episode list for new Doctor is out and there is something there might make me squeal...

Episode 01: The Eleventh Hour. Writer Steven Moffat.

Episode 02: Title TBC. Writer Steven Moffat.

Episode 03: Title TBC. Writer Mark Gatiss (Daleks & Churchill).

Episode 04: Time of Angels. Writer Steven Moffat (Weeping Angels, River Song, part 1/2).

Episode 05: Flesh & Stone. Writer Steven Moffat (Weeping Angels, River Song, part 2/2).

Episode 06: Vampires of Venice. Writer Toby Whithouse. <33

Episode 07: Title & Writer TBC.

Episode 08: Title TBC. Writer Chris Chibnall (Silurians part 1/2).

Episode 09: Cold Blood. Writer Chris Chibnall (Silurians, part 2/2).

Episode 10: Vincent & The Doctor. Writer Richard Curtis (Van Gogh). lmao what? nice title only not.

Episode 11: Title & Writer TBC.

Episode 12 and 13: Titles TBC. Writer Steven Moffat.

Episode 14: (Xmas 2010) Title & Writer TBC (Assuming there is a xmas episode).

WEEPING ANGELS! that means....I hope it means...Sally Sparrow!