[Official] Doctor Who Thread

CTyD9.jpg

In an interview with Bullz-Eye.com to promote Pirate Radio, fifth series writer Richard Curtis revealed who will be playing featured guest star Vincent Van Gogh:

Well, we've got a brilliant guy playing Vincent van Gogh ? which is who it's about ? who you should look up on YouTube. He's a guy called Tony Curran, who really could not look more like. He's a wonderful actor who was in this brilliant movie called "Red Road" that came out, a rather serious movie.

He also mentioned they start shooting the episode in about a month. [Blogtor Who]

Elsewhere, a very Scottish-sounding John Barrowman appeared on GMTV with Lorraine to promote his new concert DVD and talk about "The End of Time." Skip to 2:15 as he slips back into his American accent to discuss his role, which apparently is just "an appearance." [Planet Gallifrey]

Wish he would confirm a 4th Torchwood series and I hope that Steven Moffat includes him in the new series! Captain Jack in one of the best Doctor Who characters ever!

Wish he would confirm a 4th Torchwood series and I hope that Steven Moffat includes him in the new series! Captain Jack in one of the best Doctor Who characters ever!

RTD already confirmed a 4th series is the process

It's really freaky how he can go in and out of those accents like that. One minute he sounds like he could be on Star Trek the next he sounds like he's from down the street lol

David Tennant's final two episodes of Doctor Who will air on Christmas Day and New Year's Day, the BBC has confirmed.

Provisional schedules for the Christmas period will see 'The End Of Time, Part One' air from 7.30pm to 8.30pm on BBC One on Christmas Day, sandwiched between episodes of EastEnders.

'The End Of Time, Part Two', in which Tennant's Doctor will regenerate into a new incarnation played by Matt Smith, will air on New Year's Day. The hour-long episode will go out at 7.30pm, again sandwiched between episodes of EastEnders and also ahead of the last ever episode of Gavin & Stacey.

Digital Spy

I'm shocked that BBC America is airing them so close together (The End of Time Part One airs on Dec 26th I believe, not sure about Part Two, but it's probably no more than a week later).

David Tennant's final two episodes of Doctor Who will air on Christmas Day and New Year's Day, the BBC has confirmed.

Provisional schedules for the Christmas period will see 'The End Of Time, Part One' air from 7.30pm to 8.30pm on BBC One on Christmas Day, sandwiched between episodes of EastEnders.

'The End Of Time, Part Two', in which Tennant's Doctor will regenerate into a new incarnation played by Matt Smith, will air on New Year's Day. The hour-long episode will go out at 7.30pm, again sandwiched between episodes of EastEnders and also ahead of the last ever episode of Gavin & Stacey.

Digital Spy

Thanks! Thought it would be those dates, couldn't see it being on New Year's Eve. Can't wait! :D

I'm shocked that BBC America is airing them so close together (The End of Time Part One airs on Dec 26th I believe, not sure about Part Two, but it's probably no more than a week later).

Me too but that's excellent news. I hate long waits.

You may have noticed Timothy Dalton narrating the recent trailers for David Tennant's final two-parter, "The End Of Time." And apparently this is apt, because he plays a character called The Narrator, who may or may not be a villain. (But that doesn't the earlier reports of him playing a Time Lord are untrue ? note that he's wearing a Time Lord robe in the one photo we've seen of him so far.) So the Doctor and the Master meet... the Narrator? Okay. [scotsman]

Also, according to the Radio Times preview, we'll be seeing a more desperate incarnation of the Master this time around. John Simm describes his newest portrayal as "emo Master." (Oh dear.) He's sporting punk-white hair under a hoodie and looking lost, while flashing in and out of "skeleton mode." This is a Master "who's lived and died, and now lives again ? although he's seen healthier days," explains Simm. "He's desperate, and desperate means dangerous." Both he and the Doctor want to survive, but they're both heading for death. And here are some scans. [PlanetGallifrey and BlogtorWho]

dw01.jpg

dw201.jpg

dw301.jpg

dw401.jpg

dw501.jpg

I said I was going to be strong about it all but I can feel the start of a tear already.

Same :( Going to be proper sad. Thanks for the scans!

'Doctor Who' filming in Croatia

Doctor Who is filming an episode in Croatia, the BBC has confirmed.

The cast and crew of the cult show are currently shooting in the small coastal town of Trogir for an episode of the upcoming fifth series, which sees Matt Smith take over from David Tennant as the titular character.

Amateur photographs of filming depict a scene that sees the TARDIS arrive among market stalls, while speculation suggests that the story is set several centuries ago and involves vampires.

Reports also suggest that a character named Rory - believed to be the boyfriend of new companion Amy Pond (Karen Gillan) - is involved in the episode.