[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I watched the "waters of Mars" last night and I can say that for the first time since I've been watching Doctor Who I didn't like it. I thought it was a very poor episode. My best friend was watching it with me and he felt the same way. I hope the next two are better.

Really? I thought the previous special was pretty bad, the one on the desert planet and double decker bus dealie.

Same, I found that episode pretty boring. Lee Evans saved that episode.. Last special was really good, good story line and how the Doctor changed something when he wasn't meant to. Hopefully the next 2 episodes will be really good!

I watched the "waters of Mars" last night and I can say that for the first time since I've been watching Doctor Who I didn't like it. I thought it was a very poor episode. My best friend was watching it with me and he felt the same way. I hope the next two are better.

The last three have been pretty bad in my opinion, Davies just doesn't write good stories. Looking forward to seeing the Master back, though it will probably end with a reset button being pushed at the last moment and everything going back to how it was just like in Journey's End/Last of the Time Lords/Doomsday. Also not looking forward to old companions being dredged up again, will we ever get through a season without bloody Rose?

I have no idea how we're getting out of this mess. Love Simms though. The guy is freakin' epic. O, and when David Tenant talked about what he did in the last special, and nearly cried. I shivered so much.

I didn't watch it because I was playing a game on pc but I read on twitter a hell of alot of negative stuff about it being confusing...might wait until second has aired then watch both together but I for one now can't wait for Moffat! (Y)

very odd ending i thought , where did these time lords come from?

Exactly. The whole Master jumping around and using "electric bolt things" was a bit stupid..

So the Time Lords are back now?

I don't think they will be back, just in these two episodes. And only at the "moment" where the Doctor ended the Time War itself. At least, that's what I gathered.

I'm not one to bash peoples TV choices but how Doctor Who has such a huge following absolutely staggers me.

It's just terrible. Even Robin Hood is better and that's a complete joke.

I'm not one to bash peoples TV choices but how Doctor Who has such a huge following absolutely staggers me.

It's just terrible. Even Robin Hood is better and that's a complete joke.

It's synonymous with British Culture since the old series was on air for nearly 40 years. That means your grandparents and parents were also fans of it.

Glad I'm not the only person who thought it was confusing, it felt like I had missed a few episodes in the run up to the penultimate episode (even though I haven't, obviously). Like, who were the Father/Daughter duo that wanted to fix that race restoration device? How is the Master still alive, even though his missus used a potion to kill him? How on earth is he more superhuman now that he's on the brink of death, but when he was on top of the world in Season 4 he wasn't?

Why couldn't the leader of the time lords say it and not spray it?

Glad I'm not the only person who thought it was confusing, it felt like I had missed a few episodes in the run up to the penultimate episode (even though I haven't, obviously). Like, who were the Father/Daughter duo that wanted to fix that race restoration device? How is the Master still alive, even though his missus used a potion to kill him? How on earth is he more superhuman now that he's on the brink of death, but when he was on top of the world in Season 4 he wasn't?

Why couldn't the leader of the time lords say it and not spray it?

Yeah, exactly how I felt =\

Hopefully the next episode will be a lot better and straight forward. I hope they don't ruin David Tennants final episode as the Doctor.