[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Yeah, exactly how I felt =\

Hopefully the next episode will be a lot better and straight forward. I hope they don't ruin David Tennants final episode as the Doctor.

this is my feeling, I feel they are going to ruin DT's reign :no:

What I wanna know is who the hell is that woman Wilf sees, and what does Wilf have to do with everything?

Also, wasn't Rose supposed to show up for this two parter? Or is that not happeneing now, or only in a flashback or something? :|

Glad I'm not the only person who thought it was confusing, it felt like I had missed a few episodes in the run up to the penultimate episode (even though I haven't, obviously). Like, who were the Father/Daughter duo that wanted to fix that race restoration device? How is the Master still alive, even though his missus used a potion to kill him? How on earth is he more superhuman now that he's on the brink of death, but when he was on top of the world in Season 4 he wasn't?

Why couldn't the leader of the time lords say it and not spray it?

I don't think the father/daughter duo matter, they were just referred to as the fools who started it all. The potion damaged his body, so he's leaking his life energy which manifests itself in the form of powers I assume.

What I wanna know is who the hell is that woman Wilf sees, and what does Wilf have to do with everything?

Also, wasn't Rose supposed to show up for this two parter? Or is that not happeneing now, or only in a flashback or something? :|

she's just getting her teeth in ;)

My god, people. Yes, of course things are going to be explained in the second part. Surely you aren't unfamiliar with the concept of not having everything explained immediately: Lost, FlashForward, Heroes ... pretty much ever series on TV ever.

You're supposed to be wanting to find out what's going on.

Anyway, I wouldn't judge the final episodes just yet. I thought it was pretty good as it was, but I'm sure we'll find it better after the second episode.

I don't think people are saying they want to know (Although I agree thats pretty much what happens in most American Shows) It just the story of the first episode. Lots of blue light and jumping about. It didn't really feel like it was setting anything up. The story felt a bit forced in some areas and perhaps too much spent on the waste land. For me the evil person that wanted his machine, I had no idea or anything about what there part was. It wouldn't have hurt to get it across that they were Father and Daugther early on, I thought it must have been a bloke with power and his wife, at one point I thought he was the PM.

Also don't get me on the Obama bits, that seem too much of a modern current event to add in (I'm guessing it was about even how the "worlds" most powerful man could get taken over).

The only thing I can thank RTD for is bring us Who and being fantasticly creative when creating aliens. But I'd don't like his main story telling (too cheesy and hammy) But I accept thats for the kids, us adults get a bit more of longer story over many episodes.

In my opinion... that was mostly crap and a waste of time. Nice knowing you Davis... don't think I'm gonna miss you.

I sure as hell won't, my hopes aren't high for part 2 davies usually does a really good setup and then the conclusion is a real copout. I hope we don't see rose yet again, is billy piper such a bad actress she can't get any other jobs? I do hope the Time Lords are restored they're going to have to be thinking about the docs regenerations ending, did he waste one when the dalek shot him at the end of season 4 or is that just going to fall through the cracks?

I sure as hell won't, my hopes aren't high for part 2 davies usually does a really good setup and then the conclusion is a real copout. I hope we don't see rose yet again, is billy piper such a bad actress she can't get any other jobs? I do hope the Time Lords are restored they're going to have to be thinking about the docs regenerations ending, did he waste one when the dalek shot him at the end of season 4 or is that just going to fall through the cracks?

He never regenerated that time though, so that wouldn't count. I doubt they would even reference it.

And yeah, it makes sense the Time Lords would come back kinda, since the Doctor's on his last couple of regenerations. Then again the Master has cheated that one, and I'm sure when the time comes the Doctor can find a way to get past that also.

Plus, I don't think the Time Lords are going to be back past this one episode since they are "evil and bad" now according to Davies.

Plus, I don't think the Time Lords are going to be back past this one episode since they are "evil and bad" now according to Davies.

They've never been the good guys. The best you can hope from them is indifference.

They've never been the good guys. The best you can hope from them is indifference.

Indeed. I don't think most people ever really got that about the Time Lords really. They weren't the "good guys" of the show while the Daleks were the bad guys etc. They always put the Doctor on trial (or at least twice that I can remember anyways) and there were a few corrupted/evil Time Lords running around all the time lol

They were sorta like the Ancients from Stargate :D

What's interesting is that they're introducing the idea that Wilf isn't human--the fact that he didn't change makes that obvious. The question is then--who [or what?] is he?

Saw Part one now i just really really need to see the second half. Cannot believe i have to wait a whole week lol :p not fare

Good or evil its still pretty cool the Timelords are returning, love the bit towards the end where the lord president gives his speech was pretty cool. I just hope something permenant happens in the episode that affects the series. Would seem a waste to me to have such an epic event and in the end the story all concludes nicely with nothing but a regeneration and everything back to normal.

I wouldnt mind the timelords being back, mix things up a bit, although they do seem rather deranged with the whole ending time itself thing. Love those Ood guys too, that elder Ood is awesome when he says "the end of time itself"

What's interesting is that they're introducing the idea that Wilf isn't human--the fact that he didn't change makes that obvious. The question is then--who [or what?] is he?

I just thought Wilf didn't change because he was in that shielded room. But Donna didn't change either so it does make you wonder.

Donna didn't change because her brain chemestry is different than the average Human because of what happened to her. Even a slight change would be enough that that machine wouldn't change her. As for Wilf, yeah he was protected from the change because he was in the shielded room. That's why the Doctor had him go in there with him.

Now, whether or not Wilf is actually Human....who knows. Anything could happen. I just wanna know who that woman is that's talking to Wilf on the TV etc.