[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Like Wilf, I think we'd all like to know the answer to that. Hopefully it's something that the new writing team will pick-up on.

Mother and Susan have already been said. How about I throw in Romana?

Could be, whoever it was he seemed to recognise her.

We never got an explanation as to why the Ood had evolved so fast.

Could be, whoever it was he seemed to recognise her.

We never got an explanation as to why the Ood had evolved so fast.

You would have also thought that the Doctor would have been somewhat surprised to actually be standing infront of Rassilon, considering his legendary mysticism and general fact of being dead in all previous mentions.

You would have also thought that the Doctor would have been somewhat surprised to actually be standing infront of Rassilon, considering his legendary mysticism and general fact of being dead in all previous mentions.

I sometimes think the Dr Who writers (RTD in particular) pick names out of a hat from previous characters that have appeared in old episodes without looking into their time line at all. I love how they have made the 21st century episodes a continuation of the old story but please watch the old episodes before using their characters.

Hmmmmmmm, not ure I really enjoyed this. The overall feeling I got was "end of an era"... Like saying goodbye to all those characters in the small end cameo's. I think the new doctor is going to not retread old steps and rely so much on crossovers and cameos for any specials.

Hmmmmmmm, not ure I really enjoyed this. The overall feeling I got was "end of an era"... Like saying goodbye to all those characters in the small end cameo's. I think the new doctor is going to not retread old steps and rely so much on crossovers and cameos for any specials.

And this is bad...because?

Good review here btw:

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/390538...two_review.html

Did I say it was a bad thing? I simply said that I felt the ending was a goodbye to a style of storytelling. As for the story of the episode... I felt it lacked.

Did I say it was a bad thing? I simply said that I felt the ending was a goodbye to a style of storytelling. As for the story of the episode... I felt it lacked.

Felt to me they rushed the storyline to add the for the goodbye at the end, that was near 20 minutes.

Felt to me they rushed the storyline to add the for the goodbye at the end, that was near 20 minutes.

yeah the end felt to me rushed and lol at that den of geek review...

"One note to Mr Moffat, though: if you are going to come up with some nonsense akin to the White Point Star that the Lord President sent to Earth, can you at least ensure it doesn?t look like something that?s just dropped out of the Argos catalogue?"

:rofl:!

Starbug's better-looking sister?

post-94504-1262388915.jpg

post-94504-1262388948.jpg

I said that when it came on, "That looks a lot like Starbug from red dwarf" and then the gf was like, "ooohhhh yeeeaaaaa", saying that, I kept saying bits and bobs were like Star Wars through the last two eps, lol.

Wow... I just saw it and from the moment with the 'radiation' stuff 'till the end I just cried non-stop!

Really sad David Tennant is leaving... I'm gonna try get some more episodes on DVD if I could ever find them in Belgium...

Thats the end of Doctor Who for me. DT was the best, Matt Smith is a tool, episode wasnt as good as I was hoping for but a nice send off.

I watched the trailer for Matt Smiths doctor, thanks but no thanks its gone all Sarah Jane Adventures are they trying to turn it into a kiddy show?

If i hear 'geronimo' one more time im gonna stab him in his big forhead.

RIP

The Doctor

2005-2010

You sir summed it up beautifully and your geronimo statement there made me lol :D

Edited by Osiris

I am going to climb out on a limb... I don't hate the new doctor. I was always going to hgive him a chance, but his few seconds felt ok thus far!

Yeah I mean all these people saying "I hate him" should really just give him at least one episode, I mean are people prepared to judge him on what 2 minutes and a 1 minute trailer?

Yeah I mean all these people saying "I hate him" should really just give him at least one episode, I mean are people prepared to judge him on what 2 minutes and a 1 minute trailer?

+1

Its a real shame people are hating already before an actual episode.

How radical ;)

I think in their defence, the still of him don't do the guy justice!

haha yeah ok his face is weird as is his facial expressions but I think that can only help to make him eccentric and not your run of the mill Doctor

Its a real shame people are hating already before an actual episode.

I think they are trying to compare him to DT, and that's way unfair. DT has had several years to develop his character.