[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I'll give him a couple of episodes to make up my own mind. I've positive thoughts about the slight change in photographic style they're taking, but the Geronimo thing has to go.

What i dont understand is the Doctors "reward". He goes back and saves the lives of 3 of his previous companions, Rose tried to save her dad and caused a paradox causing the reapers to appear wouldnt the Doctor have caused a paradox/rip in time like the episode 'Fathers Day'?

What i dont understand is the Doctors "reward". He goes back and saves the lives of 3 of his previous companions, Rose tried to save her dad and caused a paradox causing the reapers to appear wouldnt the Doctor have caused a paradox/rip in time like the episode 'Fathers Day'?

Because he is a Time Lord maybe?

Not sure about Matt Smith but I'll give him a chance, to be honest when David Tennant first took over the reigns I hated him and wanted Christopher Eccleston back but I gave him a chance and now I think he is the best one yet :) so giving Matt the same chance :)

EDIT: The new logo isn't too bad but the idea that the next season is going to be called Season 1 again :s just makes my head spin! so season 5 is the reboot of the reboot? I understand why they did it (new writers, new cast, new everything really) but it's only going to confuse people in my honest opinion...

Edited by Xerxes

Not sure about Matt Smith but I'll give him a chance, to be honest when David Tennant first took over the reigns I hated him and wanted Christopher Eccleston back but I gave him a chance and now I think he is the best one yet :) so giving Matt the same chance :)

I agree, I felt the same when Christopher Eccleston's Doctor regenerated. I thought David Tennant would never be able to live up to the great season that had been. I think we've all been attached to Tennant for too long and some very good writing from RTD and we will probably have this same discussion when it comes to Matt Smith's regeneration.

It is a shame that we probably won't see Rose, Jackie, Mickie and Martha ever again. Although I suspect Mickie and Martha may play future roles of sort sort in Torchwood. And of course Sarah Jane Smith, I'm sure she'll cross paths with the Doctor again someday.

The character I really want to see in Doctor Who again in Captain Jack Harkness. One of the best alternative sidekicks to date, it would definitely be a shame if Moffat doesn't pick up the character(s) in some form. And why shouldn't he? Their story's have survived a regeneration already, and it is always the same Doctor.

A slight nitpick maybe, can someone please explain why Wilfred didn't change in to the Master? I can understand Donna not changing with all the metacrysis stuff, but what about Wilfred? What was so special about him?

I agree, I felt the same when Christopher Eccleston's Doctor regenerated. I thought David Tennant would never be able to live up to the great season that had been. I think we've all been attached to Tennant for too long and some very good writing from RTD and we will probably have this same discussion when it comes to Matt Smith's regeneration.

It is a shame that we probably won't see Rose, Jackie, Mickie and Martha ever again. Although I suspect Mickie and Martha may play future roles of sort sort in Torchwood. And of course Sarah Jane Smith, I'm sure she'll cross paths with the Doctor again someday.

The character I really want to see in Doctor Who again in Captain Jack Harkness. One of the best alternative sidekicks to date, it would definitely be a shame if Moffat doesn't pick up the character(s) in some form. And why shouldn't he? Their story's have survived a regeneration already, and it is always the same Doctor.

A slight nitpick maybe, can someone please explain why Wilfred didn't change in to the Master? I can understand Donna not changing with all the metacrysis stuff, but what about Wilfred? What was so special about him?

Nothing, that chamber he was in protected him.

Because Rose went back and changed something that directly affected her own time line; when visiting the companions the Doctor didn't cross into his own time line and affect events that had already happened - visiting Rose is the only scene that we know he travelled back in time for and its assumed his actions weren't significant enough to change the time line.

I was a bit shocked he bought Donna a lottery ticket though! Thats sort of the number time travel cliche, and not really the sort of thing I expected the Doctor to ever do. He could have just a borrowed a quid from her great grandad and opened a saving account to run for 100 years.

As for 11th Doctor... Yea it feels very unatural but word is he can act the part very well. I think the reason we all doubt the new doctor each time is that they HAVE to start by acting completely differently to the last. If not they wouldn't be making their own mark.

I also doubt that the BBC would risk such a great franchise by casting badly. They did that in the original series imo, lessen learned.

I watched the trailer for Matt Smiths doctor, thanks but no thanks its gone all Sarah Jane Adventures are they trying to turn it into a kiddy show?

If i hear 'geronimo' one more time im gonna stab him in his big forhead.

RIP

The Doctor

2005-2010

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll give season 5 (season 1 or whatever the hell they want to call it) a go and I'll try to like it but I just don't see it having that "who" feel. I hope I'm wrong cos it's a great show but part of me feels that with the death of Tennant's doctor, the show died with him.

Mr Tennant, my hat goes off to you, brilliant actor, awesome awesome doctor! All the best in your future roles

David Tennant's Not-So-Long Goodbye To Who? (io9)

Already missing David Tennant's Doctor Who? Don't worry, he's already perfectly prepared to come back at some point in the future for a "Two Doctors"-esque guest appearance. And he's saying a special goodbye to American fans on BBC America.

Asked by MTV about the possibility of returning to the show he's literally just left, Tennant said,

Who knows? There's no immediate plans. I'd probably have to move away and let the dust settle and let the new team get established and all that. But there is a bit of a tradition of The Doctor meeting his former selves... It happened with me when Peter Davison, who I watched when I was growing up, suddenly came back and did a scene with us, which was a real thrill for me. [it was] very disorienting, to be faced with this guy who you watched as a kid in the gear - and there he was, in my TARDIS now. It was very odd.

Knew it wouldn't take long..

That was ****ing awesome. Seriously. Whoever posted that is a genius.

David Tennant's Not-So-Long Goodbye To Who? (io9)

Already missing David Tennant's Doctor Who? Don't worry, he's already perfectly prepared to come back at some point in the future for a "Two Doctors"-esque guest appearance. And he's saying a special goodbye to American fans on BBC America.

Asked by MTV about the possibility of returning to the show he's literally just left, Tennant said,

Who knows? There's no immediate plans. I'd probably have to move away and let the dust settle and let the new team get established and all that. But there is a bit of a tradition of The Doctor meeting his former selves... It happened with me when Peter Davison, who I watched when I was growing up, suddenly came back and did a scene with us, which was a real thrill for me. [it was] very disorienting, to be faced with this guy who you watched as a kid in the gear - and there he was, in my TARDIS now. It was very odd.

Yeah I seriously doubt it's the last time we'll ever see DT as the 10th Doctor. And if they do some sort of "Two Doctors" style show, it won't be some lame cameo either since people will want to see DT back so badly. He'll be an important part of the story imo in whatever capacity it is.

David Loved playing the Doctor, there are lots of ways he could come back - there is a half human version of him with Rose in that alternative universe.

On a side note - Anyone think it was strange that a whole day had passed after everyone in the world became the Master yet when they were switched back they were all standing in the same positions they were when it originally happened?

Who knows, Matt Smith may make us forget all about DT.

Indeed, David Tennant definitely made me forget about Christopher Eccleston and I personally think he was very good!

I can actually see Tennant coming back sometime in the future. Maybe even a return regeneration, who knows, nothing is impossible in the Doctor Who world anymore. I mean, they brought back the Time Lords and Gallifrey!

And despite the fact that the Doctor always defeats the last ever Dalek in existance, they keep making a return! :laugh:

And despite the fact that the Doctor always defeats the last ever Dalek in existance, they keep making a return! :laugh:

I find that very annoying. How many times can you completely destroy the Daleks and have them return?

I have no idea where people are getting this "Series 1" stuff from. Everywhere I've been says that it's called Series 5.

oh and all of these haters are hilarious, I don't see how you can judge a character from a rushed 15 second scene and a minute or so trailer, but then I guess it's the same whenever something "new" replaces the old.

Are you my mommy?

Creepiest episode ever! I hope Moffat writes more episodes like that.

That was pretty creepy I agree, but the statues/weeping angels were a bit better imo. Glad they are coming back also :)