[Official] Doctor Who Thread

That was pretty creepy I agree, but the statues/weeping angels were a bit better imo. Glad they are coming back also :)

:yes:

zt2i3.jpg

Oh stop it with the Sally Sparrow stuff already. :D

never! she needs to return! :p

She'll probably cost to much now though :( with her being all golden globe nominated :(

I have no idea where people are getting this "Series 1" stuff from. Everywhere I've been says that it's called Series 5.

oh and all of these haters are hilarious, I don't see how you can judge a character from a rushed 15 second scene and a minute or so trailer, but then I guess it's the same whenever something "new" replaces the old.

Because "Series 5" is a reboot; new cast, new crew and new writers (being recorded in HD this series too) even has a brand new logo:

post-44573-1262480812.jpg

To the "haters" comment, firstly we humans are creatures of habit we don't like change (always find excuses to cling to the past) and secondly the same "hate" occurred when David first took over. After Matt has done a few shows (or a series) I'm sure most of the haters will be fine with him by then :)

never! she needs to return! :p

She'll probably cost to much now though :( with her being all golden globe nominated :(

She probably will too, the weeping angels are set to return (along with the Daleks, don't these guys get the hint? :laugh: ) and considering she's had experience dealing with them before, *maybe* she is called on to deal with them again but that could be just wishful thinking! :p

Edited by Xerxes

I don't mind the Daleks personally. I mean they are the primary villain and the episodes they have been involved in have mostly been good. Cybermen, not so much. Personally find them useless. At least the Daleks are strong and clever, not completely thick bare metal bones like the Cybermen.

How is it that they can throw a white point star diamond outside the time war lock without bringing everything back? Couldn't they then just throw one time lord at a time through without unlocking the time war :p ?

One of the best regenerations stories ever. I loved how he got to visit all his friends one last time. I always thought Tom Baker's show was the best until now but I'll have to say that this one ranks right there beside it.

One thing I didn't get is what happened to the Master? Did he get sucked back with the rest of the Time Lords?

And I see why the Doctor is so scarred by the Time War. He had to turn against his own people there are the end.

I think the Master did get sucked in there with the Time Lords, but I'm also sure we'll see the Master again down the road :D

BTW, did any of you guys see the Catherine Tate show's Xmas special? With David Tennant as the "feminine" ghost of christmas present lol just awesome.

I don't mind the Daleks personally. I mean they are the primary villain and the episodes they have been involved in have mostly been good. Cybermen, not so much. Personally find them useless. At least the Daleks are strong and clever, not completely thick bare metal bones like the Cybermen.

This. Every episodes that involved the Daleks, thus far, were quite epic, that had me on the edge of the seat. I'd definitely want to see more of the Daleks.

I think the Master did get sucked in there with the Time Lords, but I'm also sure we'll see the Master again down the road :D

BTW, did any of you guys see the Catherine Tate show's Xmas special? With David Tennant as the "feminine" ghost of christmas present lol just awesome.

No, do you have a link to it plz ? Thx.

Was pretty epic on the classroom special last time too ;)

I've a question, after the doctor regenerate does he remember his life before he regenerated or does he forget everything?

He does remember everything, tho he might not know who is the new himself.

One of the best regenerations stories ever. I loved how he got to visit all his friends one last time. I always thought Tom Baker's show was the best until now but I'll have to say that this one ranks right there beside it.

One thing I didn't get is what happened to the Master? Did he get sucked back with the rest of the Time Lords?

And I see why the Doctor is so scarred by the Time War. He had to turn against his own people there are the end.

I dont think he got sucked in, Im sure he used the last of his lifeforce to finish them off, and just vaportated?

I love how he was refusing to regenerate though, Im guessing thats why his regeneration was so damaging to the tardis?

He remembers it.
He does remember everything, tho he might not know who is the new himself.

If he remembers why was he so upset and in tears when talking about it to Wilfred? :unsure:

If he remembers why was he so upset and in tears when talking about it to Wilfred? :unsure:

Because that "persona" will die, and never come back (kinda) so in essence he dies as well. Plus, as an actor he was probably asking to make sure that kind of scene was emotional and all. I don't blame him since he was a major fanboy of the show to begin with :D

In an online interview with Music From The Movies, composer MURRAY GOLD has revealed some news about the next series of Doctor Who. In the article he states that:

? He will composing music for the new series and has arranged a new version of the theme tune.

? GARETH ROBERTS (The Unicorn & The Wasp, The Shakespeare Code) will be returning to write an episode, as will MARK GATISS (The Unquiet Dead, The Idiot's Lantern).

In an online interview with Music From The Movies, composer MURRAY GOLD has revealed some news about the next series of Doctor Who. In the article he states that:

? He will composing music for the new series and has arranged a new version of the theme tune.

? GARETH ROBERTS (The Unicorn & The Wasp, The Shakespeare Code) will be returning to write an episode, as will MARK GATISS (The Unquiet Dead, The Idiot's Lantern).

The Unicorn & The Wasp, The Shakespeare Code - Didn't like either of those, made the historical characters too simple and there was no real depth to anything.

The Unquiet Dead, The Idiot's Lantern - Better than the two above but uses zombie like characters for a chase in awkward moments. Good stories though.