[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Hmmm, gonna take a bit of getting used to. Didn't like the new theme tune! The old one ruled! Also, isn't this a kids show at heart? Prime time TV and woah at the sexual innuendo! Don't get me wrong, I like the odd joke here and there but the key demographic is kids at prime time.

Overall a good performance by Matt Smith, definitely looks like a more kick ass Doctor and that'll be a fresh new start, could be a good thing! Seems we will learn a lot more about the new Doctor is the coming episodes as he was obviously a bit busy in this one! :p

Also, looks like we got a running theme, something to do with the "silence" and Amy's wedding!

Looks promising!

yeah wonder what thats about

OK so who has been smoking in the time vortex?

Very film like production which I like, the new Tardis does look a bit dodgy, especially the controls.. half of it was painted executive toys that seemed to serve no purpose or offer any control.

Other than that it was great.

Oh dear :no:

It really does look like it.

I really liked it, its different for a different doctor.

I do wish people move on from DT comparisons (not saying people are on here but on Twitter they are)

I really liked it, its different for a different doctor.

I do wish people move on from DT comparisons (not saying people are on here but on Twitter they are)

I liked a lot of it, the dodgy console spoilt the magic a little and that should have been addressed but other than that it was a good start.

Anyone know about the Union Flag that keeps showing up in that video?

I think the country is floating in space, because some of the buildings were counties like Devon and Surrey

I'd put him ahead of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th Doctors, but he's rubbish compared to Tom Baker or David Tennant, he can tell the BBC has angled Doctor Who towards its younger audience. The monster in the sky was crap tho, a flying icicle with a detachable eye ball?

I didnt realise the monsters/aliens in Doctor Who where realistic....I mean tin cans that can shoot lasers from their eye, how shoddy :whistle:

yep on Blue Peter

Only one section was designed by a kid

Quick question: Was/is this airing in HD? As in 720p/1080p?

I think I heard the continuity announcer state that it was on BBC HD too

I think I heard the continuity announcer state that it was on BBC HD too
it did

Good to know, thanks guys. :)

Just caught this on iplayer since i was out tonight.

Absolutely brilliant, not that I was one of those folks who were discounting Matt Smith beforehand; but it was a great mix of Tennant's Doctor and a glimpse into the crazy kickassness of his own.

All I kept thinking was "want more" and every episode should run for an hour.

Totally agree with the earlier comment about a film-like production, it honestly didn't feel like a Saturday night BBC show. And yes it dealt with some fairly scary moments and I loved Amy Pond, I loved her legs, I loved that she isn't a cop but a kissogram, I loved her innocence and that she definitely seems to be a strong-willed good actress I loved the sexual hints between them, I loved the music, I loved the writing, I loved the film style, I loved the story, yes I even thought the aliens did their part and I have a feeling they'll be back, I love the new Tardis interior and exterior, I loved that the story had funny moments but was like Shakespeare compared to what Russell Davies would write (Remember the burping trash cans??), I loved that everyone was a solid actor and got me interested, I loved the giddy excitement The Doctor showed when he finally got the new key to the Tardis, I loved that they didn't mention U.N.I.T and I loved the end sequence with the previous Doctors ending with Matt Smith to show how badass he is.

I haven't been this excited about a tv show since I started watching BSG all those years ago. Any worries that the show was dumbed down or aimed towards kids have been obliterated and I can totally see why Moffat went for Matt Smith - and that's just from the first episode!

In conclusion: Want. More.

Just caught this on iplayer since i was out tonight.

Absolutely brilliant, not that I was one of those folks who were discounting Matt Smith beforehand; but it was a great mix of Tennant's Doctor and a glimpse into the crazy kickassness of his own.

All I kept thinking was "want more" and every episode should run for an hour.

Totally agree with the earlier comment about a film-like production, it honestly didn't feel like a Saturday night BBC show. And yes it dealt with some fairly scary moments and I loved Amy Pond, I loved her legs, I loved that she isn't a cop but a kissogram, I loved her innocence and that she definitely seems to be a strong-willed good actress I loved the sexual hints between them, I loved the music, I loved the writing, I loved the film style, I loved the story, yes I even thought the aliens did their part and I have a feeling they'll be back, I love the new Tardis interior and exterior, I loved that the story had funny moments but was like Shakespeare compared to what Russell Davies would write (Remember the burping trash cans??), I loved that everyone was a solid actor and got me interested, I loved the giddy excitement The Doctor showed when he finally got the new key to the Tardis, I loved that they didn't mention U.N.I.T and I loved the end sequence with the previous Doctors ending with Matt Smith to show how badass he is.

I haven't been this excited about a tv show since I started watching BSG all those years ago. Any worries that the show was dumbed down or aimed towards kids have been obliterated and I can totally see why Moffat went for Matt Smith - and that's just from the first episode!

In conclusion: Want. More.

this all over! :D

2i9r2mb.jpg

2i9r2mb.jpg

Re-posted for squee

I'll admit though that i'm not a fan of the music, in fact i'd say it's the worst incarnation of the theme yet but 'Amy Pond' more than made up for that... that is one hella pretty girly!

Re-posted for squee

I'll admit though that i'm not a fan of the music, in fact i'd say it's the worst incarnation of the theme yet but 'Amy Pond' more than made up for that... that is one hella pretty girly!

yeah I was amazed how the child looked exactly like her!

plus Moffat went all Abrams on us :p frakkin lens flare!

se3adv.jpg

plus I see you Amy checking out the doctor :rofl:

sb61pj.jpgt6wnjc.jpg