[Official] Doctor Who Thread

I dont get what im sposed to be looking at in Tony's pic...

Hes not wearing a belt?

I think he's making the point the braces aren't connected, I mean come on we know the photo is heavily photoshopped

Thats exactly what I thought.??Farpoint station.

I think Matt is great, he is not the best but he is still very new to it so we cant ask for anything more than the dedication he is giving.??Im disappointed with the stories so far.??I know we shouldn't expect too much and there are limitations placed on it by the general audience it is aimed at but some of it is just stupid.??

Why is it whatever part of the future they go to there is always this love for everything from the late 90's up to 2010???Why do future races never want to go back to real basics with the 50's and 60's etc?

They still may do, but something like that requires quite a lot of planning, you've got to either find or build sets big enough for a story. ?If we take the latest episode, its easier because it's in the future and they can make it up and build the sets. ? We've had the idiots lantern as well remember! ?Look at life on mars and ashes to ashes, thats not cheap and its not easy to era stuff. ?Period is easy because you've got the locations to do it no problem. ?

Yeah, wonder if "the crack" is going to be a recuring theme in all episodes leading up to a climactic finale. A bit like "bad wolf" was in the first series.

If it's another plot device that will allow ****ING Rose back again I'll be looking for my own parallel universe to escape to!!!

If it's another plot device that will allow ****ING Rose back again I'll be looking for my own parallel universe to escape to!!!

Billie Piper said she won't go back to Doctor Who, she's done with it apparently.

Billie Piper said she won't go back to Doctor Who, she's done with it apparently.

Thank f*** for that. She was ****ing me off. Also, how do you 'forget' how you acted between series?

Thank f*** for that. She was ****ing me off. Also, how do you 'forget' how you acted between series?

Do you mean "how to act", or "how Rose acted as a character"? (Billie Piper herself has a variety of other acting gigs.)

Lol @ the colours for the different parties.

Who has written the next episode of Doctor Who?

Mark Gatiss I believe, Atleast according to IMDB

I really cant wait for episode 3, I have been really impressed with the series so far, and Matt seems like a great choice as a replacement for the legendary DT :)

I still wonder how the Daleks can show up every series (sometimes more than once) when they were supposedly all killed off along with the Time Lords lol

OK, so Dalek Caan...kinda made sense but still.

I still wonder how the Daleks can show up every series (sometimes more than once) when they were supposedly all killed off along with the Time Lords lol

OK, so Dalek Caan...kinda made sense but still.

you and me both...I hope this is the last...last I tell you time we see them!

So not going to happen, lol.

As long as we have the Doctor, we are going to have Daleks, which I don't mind, they just have to have new and interesting stories that go with them.

I find the Cybermen however a bit of a bore.

Probably never going to happen... the Daleks are probably the most iconic enemy in Doctor Who :rofl: Though I assume this time, now that Davis has moved along they probably won't "find a way to completely and wholly destroy all the dalek so it is not possible for them to return", they'll probably be smarter about it and just chase them away into the stars or something :p

So not going to happen, lol.

As long as we have the Doctor, we are going to have Daleks, which I don't mind, they just have to have new and interesting stories that go with them.

I find the Cybermen however a bit of a bore.

agreed about Cybermen, yeah I suppose they are just about as iconic as the Doctor, I just hope its a good story because I have never really liked any of the Dalek stories :pinch:

Just saw the episode, and i think it's quite ok. Rather average, bu new characters are ok.

Her companion did indeed sound a bit like eve myles, even though she is scottish, not welsh :p

Anyway cant wait for more eps. :)

I have a challenge for everyone, well its more of a favour but whatever.

Can someone find me a wallpaper sized version of the Series 5 time card, looking like this:

Doctorwho_series5_2010-titles.jpg

If you can, then 1) I will love you and 2) give you some rep :D

I just cant seem to find a large one anywhere :(

I have a challenge for everyone, well its more of a favour but whatever.

Can someone find me a wallpaper sized version of the Series 5 time card, looking like this:

Doctorwho_series5_2010-titles.jpg

If you can, then 1) I will love you and 2) give you some rep :D

I just cant seem to find a large one anywhere :(

the highest res so far I have found is this but that's useless, you need someone who has the 1080i setup from the telly to capture it :p

post-15395-12712050946344.png

66014374.jpg

Yaay for 'Spitting Image' lol

Mark Gatiss I believe, Atleast according to IMDB

Ahhh should be a good'un then :D

Never gonna happen maaan

agreed about Cybermen, yeah I suppose they are just about as iconic as the Doctor, I just hope its a good story because I have never really liked any of the Dalek stories :pinch:

I enjoyed 'Dalek'. The actual Dalek was quite sinister but you felt for it and the doctor.

All the Daleks since have been nothing more than pantomime monsters. :p

The BBC have released the official synopsis from Flesh & Stone, the fifth episode in the new series, read it below:

There's no way back, no way up and no way out. Trapped among an army of Weeping Angels, the Doctor and his friends must try to escape through the wreckage of a crashed space liner, in the fifth epsiode of Doctor Who, written by Steven Moffat.

Meanwhile, in the forest vault, the Doctor's companion, Amy Pond, finds herself facing an even more deadly attack.

Flash & Stone airs Saturday 1 May, 6.25-7.10pm

760262839t.jpg