[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Ugh, even across the pond the evil Reality Shows get the best ratings I see. BOO

yep our country goes potty over them :(

yep our country goes potty over them :(

For some strange reason :/

17% market share for the national lottery? Perhaps some of those programs do well because there isn't much else.

that's a pretty true comment as like our reality shows Lottery is big business over here, but not as big as the US where the $160m odd jackpots occur alot!

Says new Doctor Matt Smith, "The [season] finale is one of the single greatest television moments I've witnessed, if I do say so myself." [MTV]

Smith also says episodes six and ten are both crackers. [Spinoff Online]

A new clip from episode four explains just why the TARDIS has been making the "wheezing, groaning" noise all this time:

Matt Smith to appear in 'Sarah Jane'

Matt Smith is to guest star in the new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, the BBC has announced.

In a special two-part story, The Doctor will be reunited with Sarah Jane (Elisabeth Sladen) and fellow former companion Jo Grant (Katy Manning).

The script has been penned by Russell T Davies, executive producer on Sarah Jane and former Doctor Who showrunner. The episodes will mark the first time that Davies has written for the Eleventh Doctor.

"It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us," said Sladen. "I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better."

Manning, who appeared alongside the Third Doctor from 1971 to 1973, said: "Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gobsmacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat. I come home [to the UK] and this is one of the first things that happens."

Nikki Wilson, co-executive producer on the Who spinoff, said of the two-parter: "Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story, full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet - a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."

Sarah Jane was recently recommissioned for a fourth and fifth series, to air in autumn 2010 and 2011 respectively.

Meanwhile, other guest stars for the series will include Laila Rouass, Cheryl Campbell and Harry Potter's David Bradley as the voice of the Shansheeth.

More to follow.

Source

that's a pretty true comment as like our reality shows Lottery is big business over here, but not as big as the US where the $160m odd jackpots occur alot!

Lotteries exist over here with pretty big jackpots but the selection of the numbers doesn't make great TV. In fact, you'd have trouble finding a station willing to air it.

Lotteries exist over here with pretty big jackpots but the selection of the numbers doesn't make great TV. In fact, you'd have trouble finding a station willing to air it.

BBC even have a channel for it I believe

Wow, never thought I'd see Jo Grant back on Doctor Who or a spin-off! Awesome!

I thought the crossovers were done? That lasted a long time...

I don't think they said they wouldn't do crossovers anymore did they? More that Tennant's Doctor wouldn't crossover anymore (for the obvious reason). I don't see why Matt Smith's Doctor can't show up on SJA or even Torchwood (if and when it comes back) plus, I'd like to see what SJ would say to the Doctor now that he regenerated and all.

446sarah_jane_jo_grant.jpg

Sarah Jane Smith is reunited with another of The Doctor's former companions, Jo Grant (Katy Manning), in a new series of The Sarah Jane Adventures, set to air on CBBC this autumn. They'll be joined by The Eleventh Doctor (Matt Smith), in special editions penned by executive producer Russell T Davies.

The two episodes will see The Doctor and his two former time-travelling partners caught up in an alien-busting adventure that will entertain Doctor Who fans of all ages.

Elisabeth Sladen, who plays Sarah Jane comments: "It's a fantastic script and I can't wait to work with another Doctor and hope Matt has fun with us. I've known Katy for ages and I am delighted to be working with her. I last met her in LA but this time we will be in Cardiff. LA was good but Cardiff is better."

Katy Manning, who recently returned to live in the UK again, adds: "Playing Jo Grant again is something I never really considered. I was gob-smacked when they told me and I am over the moon. What an incredible little treat. I come home and this is one of the first things that happens."

Executive producer Nikki Wilson says: "We are absolutely thrilled to be introducing Sarah Jane and the gang to both The Eleventh Doctor and Jo Grant, and to have a script penned by Russell T Davies is the icing on the cake!

"Viewers are in for a real treat, with an action-packed story full of Russell's usual wit and warmth, which takes the gang inside a secret base beneath Snowdon and introduces brand-new vulture aliens, the mysterious Shansheeth. All this, plus a trip to an alien planet ? a first for The Sarah Jane Adventures."

Featuring the usual mixture of thrills, laughs and scares, the fourth series promises fun with enemies old and new, including the terrors of the Nightmare Man and a dangerous journey back into history.

A galaxy of guest stars are lined up to appear in the series and include Laila Rouass (Primeval, Footballers Wives) and Cheryl Campbell (Pennies From Heaven), whilst David Bradley (Argus Filch in Harry Potter) will provide the voice of the Shansheeth.

The Sarah Jane Adventures is executive produced by Nikki Wilson and Russell T Davies and produced by Brian Minchin.

Writers on the fourth series include Phil Ford (also co-producer), Joseph Lidster, Rupert Laight, Gareth Roberts and Clayton Hickman. The Sarah Jane Adventures is a BBC Cymru Wales/Children's BBC production.

BBC even have a channel for it I believe

They show the midweek and weekend lotteries for, I believe, about 15 mins or less.

On topic: yay for crossovers :)

Wasn't the comment that the previous characters (Rose, Martha, Jack, Donna etc.) wouldn't be appearing in this Doctor Who season or something like that, I don't think anything was said about the Doctor going into a different one however.

Yeah I am sure it was anyone created by RTD that wouldn't return i.e Eccleston/Tennants universe.

They never have returned whenever a new Doctor arrives, expect on rare occasions. There have been a few I wished had returned for at least a visit.

The premiere of the "Doctor Who" reboot set viewership records for BBC America.

Saturday's debut averaged 1.2 million total viewers, making it the network's most-watched telecast ever.

The 9 p.m. telecast also set a network record in the adults 25-54 demo, drawing a 0.9 rating, which made it No. 2 in its time slot among ad-supported cable networks.

The previous record was set by the U.S. premiere of "Doctor Who: The End of Time," which averaged 1 million viewers and a 0.8 in the demo on Jan. 2.

BBC America said that "Doctor Who" is also currently the No. 1 TV series in the iTunes store.

The "Doctor Who" reboot features a new showrunner, Steven Moffat; new Doctor, Matt Smith; and the Doctor's new companion, Karen Gillan.

Cross overs on Who that is, Davies is still running SJA so has to resort to gimmicks to cover his poor writing.

10 Teasers

1. When we meet Doctor Song, she's on the run - but she has an escape plan involving The Doctor.

2. The episode includes the caption "10,000 years later."

3. There's a Weeping Angel trapped inside the Byzantium.

4. First mention of "spoilers"? 9 minutes 27 seconds.

5. Amy: "Is River Song **** ****? ... "She's *** ****** from the ******, isn't she?"

6. There's a device that harks back to 'Silence In The Library'. Think "hey, who turned out the lights?"

7. Amy should really learn that too much TV is bad for her eyes.

8. The Doctor. Bites. Amy.

9. River: "I have pictures of *** **** *****."

10. The cliffhanger isn't the usual sort of two-parter cliffhanger we've grown accustomed to with new Who. Despite being very familiar.

Source: Digital Spy