[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Hi,

Ok, I know I won't be making friends by saying this but so far RTD has done a far better job than Moffat (I mean in Series 5, I know Moffat has done a pretty good job on previous series as a writer). Anyway, Davies episodes just seemed more DoctorWho-ish to me, they were darker and didn't go around rebooting everything. Steven Moffat in the other hand is trying too hard changing everything (Giant Rainbow Daleks ? seriously ?). And you know, this is too bad because Matt Smith is doing a hell of a great job even if he's clearly imitating Tennant sometimes, and Amy is just ... hot !

Well, maybe it's just the early episodes and it will get better. I really hope we get something as brilliant as Series 3 final episodes with the Master and the great plot :)

I would have to agree. but then, I found the RTB episodes enjoyable because of David Tennant performances - remember each Dr has to put on his own perspective on who he is, no one will be the same. So far however, i'm liking the new episodes. Matt is doing a great job and seems to of taken the role with open arms. Amy Pond, well, she is just great, and sooooooooooooooooooooo much better eye candy than Rose Tyler.

Matt needs to kick up a gear and stop trying to be tennant

i thought that at first, but then i guessed that for this series at least they are probably trying to keep the doctors character somewhat familiar. actually, anyone who's seen the older doctor who's will recognize similarities with other doctors too.

i thought that at first, but then i guessed that for this series at least they are probably trying to keep the doctors character somewhat familiar. actually, anyone who's seen the older doctor who's will recognize similarities with other doctors too.

This is exactly what i'm hoping/assuming and i think i wrote exactly that further back in this thread.

Great minds eh ;)

As Prof.River Song would say, "Spoilers!"

Ten teasers about 'Flesh and Stone'

1. Eureka! Galileo!

2. Amy: "Basically we've *** up the inside of a *******."

3. The Byzantium contains a forest. Yes, a forest.

4. Amy: "Seven."

5. There's a scene reminiscent of a scene from 'Doomsday'.

6. Amy: "Six."

7. What's the opposite of the moral from 'Blink'?

8. River has done something very, very naughty.

9. There's a very important date you'll want to mark in your diaries/iPhones/Google calendars come the end of this episode.

10. The crack. We finally learn what it is and what it wants.

And, just for fun, a bonus teaser:

11. Amy does something to The Doctor that prompts an epiphany. And a collection.

Source: Digitalspy

oooo I like number 9/10!

I don't know, I don't think Moffat is doing any less of a job than RTD did over the past few years. Maybe it came on down from high (aka BBC HQ) to tone things down a notch and aim for lighter stuff, which I can appreciate since Doctor Who is supposed to be kinda light hearted after all. But Tennant definitely brought out that darkside in the character we know he has now because of what he's had to do over the years himself. Matt Smith is certainly (at least so far) very capable as an actor in his own right to play the 11th Doctor, and from what I've seen of the very few times his Doctor has gotten angry or upset he can play the darker undertones also.

Let's give Moffat a chance though. After all he's written some of our favorite episodes I'd gather eh? Blink etc? All terrific no? :)

I don't know, I don't think Moffat is doing any less of a job than RTD did over the past few years. Maybe it came on down from high (aka BBC HQ) to tone things down a notch and aim for lighter stuff, which I can appreciate since Doctor Who is supposed to be kinda light hearted after all. But Tennant definitely brought out that darkside in the character we know he has now because of what he's had to do over the years himself. Matt Smith is certainly (at least so far) very capable as an actor in his own right to play the 11th Doctor, and from what I've seen of the very few times his Doctor has gotten angry or upset he can play the darker undertones also.

Let's give Moffat a chance though. After all he's written some of our favorite episodes I'd gather eh? Blink etc? All terrific no? :)

here here! (Y)

This is exactly what i'm hoping/assuming and i think i wrote exactly that further back in this thread.

Great minds eh

Yeah, i think to be honest the first episode was when he was very 'tennant' and although occasionally you could say he still shows glimpses of him it should be expected, after all they are technically the same person. More importantly however is this claim that you are anywhere near my level of greatness, i am on my own up here :p

Dare I say that was better than Blink and Dead/Library? I think it was anyways. :D

I love how they have "Bob" "Hey, who turned out the lights!" lol Can't wait for next week's now already, and I'm dying to know how the "Crack" will fit into things now.

As other's have said, I'll bet good money on it being the Doctor travelling to alternate universes again. The 10th Doctor said in S2 that if he hops Universes again then it's going to rip open time and space itself - The 10th did this again in S4 when returning Rose home again and The 11th has probably done it for a third time using his dysfunctional new Tardis (it would also explain why his timing is completely off every time he tries to get anywhere).

It'd explain why neither Amy nor Winston Churchill know nothing about the Daleks - after all in the official timeline of things the Daleks invaded Manhattan in the 1930s - well within Churchill's life - so surely he would have caught a whisper about it? Oh well, it'll all be explained in a few days!

To me Matt Smith seems to be channeling Jon Pertwee more than DT. He's going to be a different Doctor altogether.

I don't see why people think he's being like DT tbh, I don't see the resemblance in their acting besides the fact that they were both a bit goofy, which isn't something DT started, and generally goes with being The Doctor.

I don't see why people think he's being like DT tbh, I don't see the resemblance in their acting besides the fact that they were both a bit goofy, which isn't something DT started, and generally goes with being The Doctor.

Well, to be honest he is sometimes borrowing some of DT's style : talking, moving and acting very quickly, the characteristic "HA !", and some other stuff for instance. It's verry different from say Eccleston's doctor. I think the resemblance resides in that both are very dynamic goofy doctors that don't make sens most of the time.

Well, to be honest he is sometimes borrowing some of DT's style : talking, moving and acting very quickly, the characteristic "HA !", and some other stuff for instance. It's verry different from say Eccleston's doctor. I think the resemblance resides in that both are very dynamic goofy doctors that don't make sens most of the time.

To me that seems to come from the writing, things have to be dramatic and running has to happen pretty quickly to get places to continue the story, lol, but as you said, the similarities seem to come how they both act, maybe that is why he was chosen for how alike he could be to Tennant.

SO what's peoples opinions on who River Song actually is then?? Personally I don't like to think she's actually the doctor's wife... I just can't seem him going with her =/ I'm edging towards some sort of mindreader / telepathic who's taking the doctor for a little ride :shifty:

SO what's peoples opinions on who River Song actually is then?? Personally I don't like to think she's actually the doctor's wife... I just can't seem him going with her =/ I'm edging towards some sort of mindreader / telepathic who's taking the doctor for a little ride :shifty:

When we see her die, I'm pretty sure she says that the Doctor wouldn't survive and nor would she, which makes me assume she is either Time Lord or at least part Time Lord to know this, she also knows Gallifreyan which is something she could have learnt during her travels with The Doctor or for some other reason.

So going back on people we have met who she might possibly be, I wouldn't be surprised if she is The Doctors cloned Daughter that we have yet to meet again, but that is just the first thing that comes to my mind when wondering who she might be, and would also explain a few things.

But who knows, I hope we get an answer soon. :D

I wouldn't be surprised if she is The Doctors cloned Daughter that we have yet to meet again

I think you may be onto something there... I mean having Jenny come back to life at the end of the episode was Steven Moffat's idea after all :rofl: Certainly seems an idea I'd be happy with than her being his wife o.O

what I don't understand is..when the angels are stone statues...why not just break them with a hammer or something? I mean is that just too much simple logic.