[Official] Doctor Who Thread

637601912.png

The BBC have released details about episode ten in the new series, read the episode synopsis for Vincent and The Doctor

Terror lurks in the cornfields of Provence, but only a sad and lonely painter can see it, as the time-travelling drama continues with an episode written by Richard Curtis.

Amy Pond finds herself shoulder to shoulder with Vincent Van Gogh, in a battle with a deadly alien.

10 Facts about Hungry Earth!

1 Part of the plot might remind old-school fans of ?The Daemons?.

2. One of the main characters has a learning disability.

3. The returning aliens have a dangerous new ability.

4. The Doctor has a new accessory which makes Matt Smith look very cool.

5. Two authors are quoted: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Julia Donaldson.

6. After an exchange with Rory, Amy takes her engagement ring off.

7. Both Karen Gillan and Arthur Darvill have more than one role. Well? kind of.

8. Someone new takes a trip in the TARDIS. Well? kind of.

9. We learn something about the doctor?s culinary abilities.

10. At one point, the Doctor does something that cats sometimes do. But without puking on your carpet afterwards. And no, it?s not licking his own bottom.

Source: SFX

I have doubts for this episode for some reason...

A very good episode indeed, probably the first one so far I've enjoyed. It also had less Amy as well, somehow that might have been why....

Oh and Meera Syal was very good, perhaps we should have her as the assistant?

So.. I started watching Doctor Who in this current series, got so into it I decided to go back and watch the 2005 and up series.

So.. in the past .. oh.. 5 ? 6 ? 7? Oh however many days, I've watched 2005-2010, and now I'm upto the current series.

I love this series. :happy:

Doctor Who is to move to a later timeslot for its ninth and tenth episodes.

'Cold Blood' will be screened at 7pm on May 26, while the Doctor and Amy's encounter with famed artist Vincent van Gogh in 'Vincent and the Doctor' will air at 6.40pm on June 5.

The scheduling move comes after the eighth instalment of the new series 'The Hungry Earth' received the show's lowest ever overnight ratings of 4.5 million viewers with a 6.15pm showing.

The final episode of the current fifth series is due to air on June 26.

'Cold Blood' will be screened at 7pm on May 26, while the Doctor and Amy's encounter with famed artist Vincent van Gogh in 'Vincent and the Doctor' will air at 6.40pm on June 5.

The scheduling move comes after the eighth instalment of the new series 'The Hungry Earth' received the show's lowest ever overnight ratings of 4.5 million viewers with a 6.15pm showing.

As if it ends in a month, flown by! :o

The BBC have released the episode synopsis for Don't Go Up The Stairs (formerly The Lodger), written by Gareth Roberts.

There's a house on Aickman road, and a staircase that people go up, but never down, as the time-travelling drama continues.

To solve the mystery of the man upstairs, the Doctor faces his greatest challenge yet ? he must pass himself off as a perfectly normal human being, and share a flat with Craig Owens.

The BBC have released the episode synopsis for Don't Go Up The Stairs (formerly The Lodger), written by Gareth Roberts.

There's a house on Aickman road, and a staircase that people go up, but never down, as the time-travelling drama continues.

To solve the mystery of the man upstairs, the Doctor faces his greatest challenge yet ? he must pass himself off as a perfectly normal human being, and share a flat with Craig Owens.

Is this,

the football episode, where we've seen him playing football with other people?

Is this,

the football episode, where we've seen him playing football with other people?

yep with James Corden

yep with James Corden

Should be a funny episode! :D

About bloody time. I may actually be able to see it after work now, rather then having to wait until the day after to watch it on catch up.