[Official] Doctor Who Thread

Steven Moffat teases 'Doctor Who' finale

Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat has revealed details of the final two episodes of the show's current series.

Speaking to Doctor Who Magazine, Moffat explained that the series arc will come to a head in the cliffhanger ending of the twelfth episode 'The Pandorica Opens'.

"It's not just the cliffhanger for Episode 12," he said, "it's like the cliffhanger for every single episode up until that point. This is where the wheels come off. Everything the Doctor is running from lands on his head today,"

Moffat also revealed that he believes his seven-year-old self would be "crying my eyes out by the end of 12. And then again at the end of 13 - but a different kind of crying".

''The Pandorica Opens' is due to air in the UK on June 19, while the final episode of the current fifth series 'The Big Bang' will air on June 26.

Source: Digitalspy

The only good part was the last 15 minutes, I reckon we'll see Rory again. The ending was.. :o

The only good part was the last 15 minutes, I reckon we'll see Rory again. The ending was.. :o

Dammit I was expecting him to pull his own arm out or something :laugh:

I was expecting a Dalek eye or a cyberman symbol (From their chests), but OMG! Rory has died twice now :(

Oh wait, who's Rory? :p

Oh wait, who's Rory? :p

What are you on about?! Never heard of him :p

Wow...The ending... Bad for Rory. But I don't think he is died. If he's in the finale maybe where he get's transported he returns alive. Or the doctor gets him back from inside the crack... I can't wait for the finale.

Rory is alive if Amy remembers him..... She's forgotten him now but if she remembers him again does that undo things? Because I didn't see the doctor pick up the wedding ring box after it fell off the console...?

Rory is alive if Amy remembers him..... She's forgotten him now but if she remembers him again does that undo things? Because I didn't see the doctor pick up the wedding ring box after it fell off the console...?

Agreed. This'll most likely be the point of remembrance for Amy. Seems a very Doctor Who thing to happen.

Wow, I can't say I was expecting that :|

No, that's not what the whole sequence was about. She could keep her memories of him (that's what he meant by "alive in her memory") if she really tried. But existence-wise, he's done. Unless of course the Doctor is wrong about what happens. Not like he hasn't been wrong before :p

Wow they certainly are building to something special in the finale. Doesn't necessary mean The Trades explodes though, could be just gets heavily damaged. The look in The Doctors face though...

Wow they certainly are building to something special in the finale. Doesn't necessary mean The Trades explodes though, could be just gets heavily damaged. The look in The Doctors face though...

Sorry to correct you, but it is called the Tardis.

This series has taken a few things from star trek, I hope the finale doesn't involve a future event (Tardis damage)causing explosive ripples (Cracks) that go expand backward in time, getting bigger in the past as per the Next Generations finale or something.

Im finding this whole series to be quite weak so far. Amy seems to fear nothing and is always ready with a wise crack, its like she isn't even part of the danger and the Doctor almost reminds me of a school boy as he commands no presence or command, he is just in the background coming up with wacky ideas.

They need to get rid of the stupid bow tie and jacket, move away from Moffats constant need to recreate Alice in wonderland and give Amy some depth so i actually feel something for her as a person.

I'm loving Matt Smith as the doctor, I think he can play wacky, but can also play the hard guy. ?

I agree with you about Amy, the character is so rubbish it's really off putting. ?I still think she has no facial movement other than tilting her big forehead forward and bulging out her eyes. ?She is terrible. ?You are right about the wise cracks, I think she's too confident early on. ? As for companions go, she probably has to be one of the worst in the new Who. I'm starting to think we perhaps need a slightly older and more experienced actress.?

As for the stories, they've been a big let down because of Amy and Rory. ?The last 2 episodes I think have been far better, more story and characters than rushing around. ? In fact I'm rather hoping we see alien race again! ?The story arch of the time crack is good, but the some of the episodes have been weak, despite river song, that episode (whatever its name) was a let down because of the armed guards, pretty poor stuff oh and again Amy. ?The dream episode was good, but oh wait its the Amy and Rory factor which screwed it up for me.

Are you starting to get my picture?

Actually it's TARDIS - it's an acronym, after all.

• Like 1

Shut up. I was typing that on my phone and it doesn't have T.A.R.D.I.S in its memory.

blink.gif

Bow ties are cool.

I'm starting to form a few thoughts on where they're going to go with the finale - every enemy ever?

Well not every enemy ever, but I'm pretty sure at this point the Cybermen are involved in some way (unless they are literally in episode 11 and that's it) which is a big meh for me but then again, you never know with Moffat.

Personally, I think the Doctor IS wrong about the cracks etc, when he said that Amy was the most important thing in the Universe (hi Donna!) an it was all about her and all that. I think Rory is the cause or event or whatever related to the cracks and he's the key. I mean, I just don't see Moffat killing off Rory like that without some sort of redemption. But, hey at least we'll get River Song back for the final two episodes :D