[Official] Doctor Who Thread

1. The first line is very funny

2. A guest character from last week?s episode shows up a few times

3. There?s the first gay allusion this series (sort of)

4. The Doctor has more interesting adventures with food and drink

5. Matt Smith fans will be freeze-framing one particular revealing moment

6. A can of beer is opened at an important moment

7. The Doctor commits an act of physical violence, sort of?

8. A certain face shows up for the fourth time this series; another for a third; and others for a second time

9. There?s lots of witty dialogue

10. A regal couple put in an appearance

11. Amy discovers something

12. One of the most uttered phrases of series five comes up again

13. It?s the most unusual ever episode of Doctor Who Confidential!

14. It?s back

15. Someone says the G-word

16. There?s a monster?s hand in a drawer

17. The psychic paper serves several purposes

18. It?s rather a sweet love story and James Corden is actually quite likeable

19. Someone says, ?I love you?

20. The Doctor is helped by some feline intuition

Source: SFX

number 8 :woot: so Hartnell and probably Troughton again?

I can't remember him saying that this series since the first episode

He said it once in The Beast Below, and that's it for this series so far.

My guess is the phrase will either be "Bow ties are cool" or something to do with bow ties :D

Bow ties ARE cool though.

It's worth repeating.

Yes i have to say I do Dig the Bow Tie.

Sounds great! Can see this being a funny episode and it will set it up for the finale parts :)

Thought this was a great ep. The ending gallery scene was really good :yes:

Same... it's probably my favourite episode of the season so far, followed by the first episode. Sulustrian story was too strung out, Dalek episode was just a let down at all corners, first part of the Weeping Angels was weak. Heck, apart from this weeks episode there's nothing else that particularly sticks out as special in my mind, and it did have the women in my family well up in tears which was nice :) A lot of the reviews marked it down for being too "Richard Curtis" - but I don't think anyone outside of the reviewers cares, for a Doctor Who episode it was probably the most emotionally touching episode out of the season (dare I say more emotionally touching than Tennants Ending), it was something special and actually made me want to find out more about Van Gough, and brilliant acting all round!

And bow ties are cool :p

Russell T. Davies 'loves new 'Who''

Russell T. Davies has said that he "loves" the new series of Doctor Who.

The former showrunner admitted that he now enjoys watching the show as a fan without having to worry about the "hard work" that goes into it.

"The greatest responsibility the Doctor Who team has now is getting me a disc every single week out to Los Angeles, which I sit and watch every Saturday night and love," he told the BBC.

"I don?t miss it actually. I?m a viewer now. I watch the episodes and, apart from loving them, my overriding thought is, ?Oh, that?s hard work.? So part of me is very glad not to be sweating over that Tardis again."

Davies praised the performances of Matt Smith and Karen Gillan, adding: "What a glorious new age. It?s the show that?ll never die."

He later joked: "The only thing I?d change is I?d make 20 episodes a year. I?m sure they?ll be glad to hear that. More Doctor Who, that?s what we need."

5.13 "The Big Bang"

The Doctor is gone, the Tardis has been destroyed, and the universe is collapsing. The only hope for all reality is a little girl who still believes in stars, as this series of Doctor Who concludes with an episode written by Steven Moffat.

The Doctor is played by Matt Smith and Amy Pond by Karen Gillan.

Source: BBC

Read more: http://www.spoilertv.com/#ixzz0qSXNZ5s9

Damn you Rappy for making me read those spoilers...

This episode on Saturday - The Lodger, confuses the hell out of me the more I see of it. We appear to be moving further away from sci-fi each week and I really really want to see an episode where they visit a goddamn alien planet instead of constantly following English Humans all the time.

Rant over.

Nice episode this week, Id love to see more of those aliens that were trying to build a Tardis, and maybe some prototypes as well.

Dammit I want REAL cybermen!!

I agree. Unfortunately it seems the classic Cybermen have been forgotten in favor of the "Pete's World" Cybusmen. I'd love to see an update of the real thing, preferably kicking Cybusman rear.

• Like 1

I have been quite open about my dislike for the story lines of the latest series however I must say that I actually enjoyed tonights episode, and last weeks. The characters have really made the last two, and a lack of Amy ponds stupid remarks in this episode really made it enjoyable.