[Official] Doctor Who Thread

schweeeet, i asked coz on that last trailer they said series finale, which had me worried :o

schweeeet, i asked coz on that last trailer they said series finale, which had me worried :o

yeah over here everything is by series so when they say finale I don't get worried! but the way he said it could of been interpreted as the end!

yeah over here everything is by series so when they say finale I don't get worried! but the way he said it could of been interpreted as the end!

Yeah i just got worried when he said series finale! season finale wouldnt worry me but season... was like 'OH NO!'

hrmm david tenant would have sorted this crack in space out by now. jokes I dont want to start that up again. Some of this seasons eps have been good, but the overall cracks in space has been whats kept me going, I like this whole 'oh what is it'. Kinda like the badwolf et al.

Nice episode this week, Id love to see more of those aliens that were trying to build a Tardis, and maybe some prototypes as well.

I'm surprised the doctor wasn't more worried about someone else having time travel let alone an understanding of trans-dimensional engineering which only Time Lords have seemed to possess.

I agree. Unfortunately it seems the classic Cybermen have been forgotten in favor of the "Pete's World" Cybusmen. I'd love to see an update of the real thing, preferably kicking Cybusman rear.

I'd like to see a cyberneomorph rip one apart!

I'm not sure, but I think the wedding ring causes the cracks or something. Her remembering Rory would be a paradox after all. They made sure to play creepy music and to make it so you know something is up when she held the wedding ring, and the crack started to open when she did.

Can't wait until next week already.

BTW, this is one of the best trailers for a series/season finale I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few of them in my years (heh). I loved it and it REALLY pumps you up for the episode next week.

I'm surprised the doctor wasn't more worried about someone else having time travel let alone an understanding of trans-dimensional engineering which only Time Lords have seemed to possess.

So true, the current Doctor reminds me more of Luke from SJ adventures, he seems so young and inexperienced in the consequences of anything.

I have been quite open about my dislike for the story lines of the latest series however I must say that I actually enjoyed tonights episode, and last weeks. The characters have really made the last two, and a lack of Amy ponds stupid remarks in this episode really made it enjoyable.

I just came to post the EXACT same thing. As a whole I've disliked this current series but the last two episodes have felt just right to me. It's a pleasant change :)

Good episode. Funny lines throughout the episode :)

Next week's looks immense! :D

BTW, this is one of the best trailers for a series/season finale I've ever seen. And I've seen quite a few of them in my years (heh). I loved it and it REALLY pumps you up for the episode next week.

yeah it really does! :woot:

Actor Christopher Eccleston quit Doctor Who after one series because he "didn't enjoy the environment and the culture" of the show.

Eccleston, who is about to star in BBC Four biopic Lennon Naked, took on the role of the Time Lord when Russell T Davies revamped Doctor Who in 2005.

He told the Radio Times he was proud of the show but "wasn't comfortable" working on it.

"I think it's more important to be your own man than be successful, so I left."

Eccleston, the ninth Doctor announced he was leaving after just one series to be replaced by David Tennant.

"I was open-minded but I decided after my experience on the first series that I didn't want to do any more," he said.

"I didn't enjoy the environment and the culture that we, the cast and crew, had to work in.

"I thought if I stay in this job, I'm going to have to blind myself to certain things that I thought were wrong."

But the 46-year-old said the fact that he played the Doctor - and not that he had quit - was "the most important thing".

"I really feel that because it kind of broke the mould and it helped to reinvent it.

"I'm very proud of it."

In an initial statement announcing his exit in March 2005, the BBC said the actor was afraid of being typecast and had found the series gruelling.

The corporation later accepted the statement was incorrect and that it had not spoken to Eccleston before releasing it.

"They handled it very badly but they issued an apology and I dropped it," he added.

Source

Actor Christopher Eccleston quit Doctor Who after one series because he "didn't enjoy the environment and the culture" of the show.

Eccleston, who is about to star in BBC Four biopic Lennon Naked, took on the role of the Time Lord when Russell T Davies revamped Doctor Who in 2005.

He told the Radio Times he was proud of the show but "wasn't comfortable" working on it.

I thought he signed up saying he was only in for one season? I'm glad because I didn't like him in the role, Dave was a MASSIVE improvement (and was even better once he got rid of Rose).

Rappy - those photos are amazing, where did you get them? Would make ideal desktop wallpaper if they were in a higher res.

its concept art from the finale, it doesn't come any bigger sadly! :(

928489263.jpg

The Doctor takes Amy to the very first planet in existence where they find a message from River Song.

The couple find River Song is dressed as Cleopatra.

A painting by Van Gogh, found in Winston Churchill's bunker, reveals something about The Doctor's fate, a "desperate message." It has been passed along by Churchill through River Song and Liz Ten - who all return in the finale.

Dark forces gather at "under Henge"; returning monsters include: Daleks (the new kind), Cybermen, Sycorax, Weevils (originally from Torchwood), Autons, Sontarans, Judoon, a Kudlak (originally from The Sarah Jane Adventures) and Silurians (new series).