[Official] Doctor Who Thread

It all makes sense in the context of what was set up previously. You just have to think about it a bit.

Also, anyone else find it eerily weird seeing Confidential and them showing the team in NYC doing that theater thing we saw months ago posted on Youtube? lol

I never saw it on YouTube... So it was pretty new to me :p Although I wanted to see more of how the episode was made like all them CGI effects like the Burning Tardis etc instead of that.

Did anyone notice the strange moving object that is making a hovering sound in this scene?

doctorwho20055x13thebig.th.jpg

doctorwho20055x13thebig.th.jpg

The Doctor was in the Pandorica with the rest of those billions of atoms so I think he would of been scattered everywhere too, and Amy growing up "on crack" :rofl: left her in the unique position bring him back.

The new SJA and Torchwood prove that his timeline isnt affected.. unless they rename it Sarah Jane's Adventure Playground and Torchwood Institute for Pyromaniacs.

Matt Smith : Man Of The Year 2010 :yes:

Was not convinced when they announced him as the Doctor (I was in the Patterson Joseph camp) - but by God I was wrong!!!! :D

That episode was so boring couldn't even finish it.

Anyone who isn't amused my the doctor teleporting through time wearing a Fez and a mop has no soul? :p

The script for the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special has reportedly gone missing. :o

According to the Daily Star, filming for the special "has been thrown into jeopardy" by the loss.

Executive producer and lead writer Steven Moffat is said to be "facing a race against time to create a new draft before filming commences next month".

Moffat also allegedly revealed that the episode would be "a flashback Christmas special."

The final episode of the programme's fifth series aired on June 26. A new series is expected to follow the Christmas special in 2011.

It was previously revealed that past Who writers Paul Cornell and Tom MacRae may be returning for the show's sixth series.

The script for the forthcoming Doctor Who Christmas special has reportedly gone missing.??:o

Uhhmmm... don't these guys type up their scripts? Surely there'd be plenty of typed copies up for other people to review and actors to learn their lines and such... o__O

Anyone who isn't amused my the doctor teleporting through time wearing a Fez and a mop has no soul? :p

Bowties are cool.

Fez, check.

Mop, cool too.

Was hoping the universe would reset back to David Tennant, Matt Smith is ok but i still prefer David Tennants Doctor and "Allons-y", "Geronimo" is so awful.

• Like 2

it's not a deus ex machina. the doctor purposefully created a temporal paradox in order to free himself. he basically broke every rule in the book of time travel; but he could do it consequence free since the universe was collapsing around him anyway. moffat basically took wibbley wobbly timey wimey, took the kid gloves off, and then ran with it.

i think river uses her own sonic to scan the link the doctor built between the pandorica and the vortex manipulator.

what i have trouble wrapping my head around is amy remembering the doctor in order to bring him back. there was this whole explanation that some how her mind has been tied to the universe through the crack. but the pandorica explodes, restoring the universe to what it was pre-cracks, while the doctor has been wiped from existence. all of series 5 is just a dream in the minds of the doctor and the companions. the only way i can think of the doctor coming back is if the pandorica restores the universe based on a template (for want of a better word) of the universe psychically linked to amy's mind... but that's doesn't follow how i understood pandorica's abilities worked.

or!! as i realized while typing this, that amy remembering the tardis, with the doctor in it, kept the doctor from being erased from time to begin with, which could explain why the engagement ring and the photo of rory never disappeared from existance... saving the tardis, a much larger object, with the doctor in it, would be grounds for being surprised and astonished.

Hmm, I had no idea Time Lords can do that :p That's pretty awesome hehe. I'm still a little confused as to why River didn't just use her own Sonic Screwdriver to release the Doctor, though :p

As for Amy remembering the Doctor, well, the only thing I can think of is that all of the stuff that happened, happened, but excluding the doctor. Seen as Amy had already made those dolls of the Doctor and co. by the time the Doctor walks into the crack, then Amy keeps her memories of this "fictitious" doctor. The book, which is a link to the doctor who actually existed, jogs Amy's memories of everything that happened. I suppose you could always throw in wibbley wobbly timey wimey into it to explain how she remembers events that never happened, but the book is bridging link between the two universes, hence her remembering.

Then we'll inevitably come to the very reason why Amy walked into the Doctor's life. All of his previous companions in the revived series were special in some way in the end. Oh, the cliche. :p

The latest series of Doctor Who has only just finished, but a ton of spoilers have already flooded the awesome fan forum, Gallifrey Base.

Filming for the Christmas Special will begin July 12-16 in Swansea. The episode is being written by Steven Moffat and will feature both a former cast member of legendary British soap Eastenders and a Hollywood actor. There are also rumors of a "big, big name playing a massive role", which likely describes one of those two other people. "Silence", the major arc of series six, is mentioned at least once in the special, and we hear again from the creepy voice first heard in the TARDIS during The Pandorica Opens - apparently this voice still has some control of the TARDIS.

As for the story itself, this is still up in the air. It was originally thought the special would be set in 1500's England, possibly involving Henry VIII. However, the lines about the Egyptian goddess and the Orient Express in space at the end of The Big Bang were an absolute last minute addition, so they may represent the new direction for the special.

Either way, there are rumors the special will have undertones of A Christmas Carol - something that's been rumored since at least The Runaway Bride, but still - complete with a possible appearance by a past Doctor as the Ghost of Christmas Past. Those Doctors under consideration for this are supposedly Sylvester McCoy, Paul McGann, and David Tennant, which makes sense when you consider the other Doctors' ages, appearances, or total unwillingness to ever have anything to do with the show ever again. (Also, a few of them are dead, which I guarantee is the only thing stopping Patrick Troughton.) This is probably all nonsense anyway, but here's hoping for a little multi-Doctor goodness.

Moving onto series six, Rory will indeed remain as the Doctor's companion, and in fact will have "loads more to do", which makes me very happy indeed. Amy has "a biiiig secret to get off her chest (nothing bad)!" Obviously, the semi-literal way to interpret that wording is that she's pregnant, but I kind of hope that's not the case. Most importantly, River Song is definitely back, but with a big difference: when we see her in series six, it'll be the first time she meets the Doctor.

And here's who is reportedly writing for the next series: Steven Moffat (of course), Neil Gaiman (probably Episode 3), Paul Cornell, Tom MacRae, Phil Ford (who might be handling the non-Moffat two-parter), and Rob Shearman. As always, please treat these message-board reports as rumor until they're confirmed via official channels.

Finally, on The Sarah Jane Adventures front, Amy and Rory will likely be off on their honeymoon when the Doctor makes his guest appearance, but it's hard to tell whether that's an actual rumor or just a very reasonable guess.

I really hope some of that is true, but I'll take all of that with a grain of salt. I'm VERY happy Rory survived and married Amy, and I really, really hope he does become a full time companion for the Doctor because he's funny and he's a great actor as well. Plus it wouldn't make much sense for him not to be there now that they are married....

As for the Xmas special stuff, hmmm would be nice to have Tennant back as the Ghost of the Doctor's past so to speak, but McCoy or McGann would be super cool also. I doubt that any of them will show up but who knows.

Those spoilers sound great! Always hear the rumours about multi doctor episodes though..